SRAM X0 Question

PB Forum :: SRAM
SRAM X0 Question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2012 at 20:50 Quote
If I was to run X0 cranks, chain guide, derailleur, etc. on my DH rig, which brakes should I use? Because I'm pretty sure X0 brakes are only for trail bikes.

Posted: Nov 30, 2012 at 20:54 Quote
whatever ones you want. X0 brakes will be fine although I would suggest codes.

Posted: Nov 30, 2012 at 20:58 Quote
Nobble wrote:
whatever ones you want. X0 brakes will be fine although I would suggest codes.
I was thinking about codes too. Thanks For the help man!

Posted: Nov 30, 2012 at 20:59 Quote
you might want to consider saving some money and getting the code R's, they're a bit more reliable.

Posted: Nov 30, 2012 at 21:01 Quote
Nobble wrote:
you might want to consider saving some money and getting the code R's, they're a bit more reliable.
oh the code r's are the higher end model. Alright yeah if I'm dropping money into xo components I would want to top it off with nice reliable brakes.

Posted: Nov 30, 2012 at 21:30 Quote
no, the code R's are actually the cheaper model. lol

but they don't have the barrel adjust that is prone to letting air into the system.

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 at 5:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
no, the code R's are actually the cheaper model. lol

but they don't have the barrel adjust that is prone to letting air into the system.
Oh I see haha alright

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 12:02 Quote
Awesome drive train, X-0 rocks.... On brakes you shoul use Shimano Zee or Saint Quad piston... XTR is othe roption...

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 6:26 Quote
http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG28
I wouldn't use anything else! Hope work great 100% of the time

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
X0 does not cut it for DH. I have one that I was running as a spare front on my DH bike and it's for sale. Garbage.

I own a set of 2011 Avid Codes. Very powerful and great modulation. Lightweight (for a full blown 4 piston brake). I do have reliability concerns with them. I have had a piston seize and lever feel can be inconsistant. I have to fuss with them constantly as the brake pads wear.

I took those off and put them in my tool box after awhile. Went with Saint M810 (old Saint). Love them. Even more powerful than the Code's, better feel and although modulation is not quite as good after some getting used to it's a non issue. Stopping power is again excellent. New Saint is even better although I have not tried them I have new XT's that I love. Thats where's my money would be.

Posted: Jun 4, 2013 at 22:21 Quote
Can I swap a 32 tooth cassette ring over with a 36 tooth on a XO 10 speed or is it all riveted together?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019682
Mobile Version of Website