CableCam build

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
CableCam build
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 2:41 Quote
Hey Everyone,

I've been a little unwell the last few weeks so decided I needed something to do whilst I couldnt get out on the bike.

The result was a cablecam -

I'd welcome any feedback or additional design input - servo's are due to arrive this week for Pan tilt.

Cable cam - Pre servo s for pan tilt.
  Cable cam - Pre servo's for pan/tilt.
photo

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 13:01 Quote
What sort of rope is that and how thick is it, what sort of wheels are they?

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 17:59 Quote
great job! looks awesome!

few questions as Im looking to do the same thing.

1. What controller are you using? Pan/TIlt would be awesome, my controller has spring-to-center levers, so I would need to hold a lever down to pan/tilt. then let go to have it go back into its "home" center position. I envision this being difficult to control.
2. We got our hands on an RC plane motor. My concern is torque output. Moving a prop is one thing, its another to have it propel something weighted. what motor are you using?
3. The rollers looks like MRP chainguide rollers. Is there enough tension on it where it doesnt slip on the rope when changing direction? it doesnt look like you have much of an "S" bend through the rollers to hold traction.

The picture shows what we have so far:
Controls for the zip line camera

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 18:11 Quote
quick suggestion:

replace the roller arm hardware with wingnuts so you can disassemble in the field and throw it in a pack. Your rig looks pretty big to be toting through the woods.

also test your rig in your house on an angle to simulate descent runs. You may see slipping out of your drive roller when moving at an angle.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010669
Mobile Version of Website