Camber Wheel Problem

PB Forum :: Specialized
Camber Wheel Problem
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 30, 2012 at 12:39 Quote
A few months ago I crashed on my 2011 Camber Pro and damaged both the rear derailleur and front wheel. The derailleurs been fixed and is fine but unfortunately I've knocked my front wheel out of true.

I thought my LBS would be able to true the wheel but they've said the spokes would snap if they were to tighten them anymore and I've been left with a front wheel that has an annoying kink when it spins. The LBS has recommended I invest in a new wheel. Is this realistic or shall I take the wheel to another bike shop to see what they can do?

I think I'm right in assuming I need to buy a new rim/spokes and then obviously the hub and disc from my existing wheel can be used.

I've been looking for the current rim on my bike (Custom DT Swiss X420SL) but cant find it online anywhere. Can anyone recommend a decent rim that's not too pricey, preferably a DT swiss one. Also am I good to carry on riding with the wheel as it is?

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 19:31 Quote
Just get new set
one you'll have good wheels
Two when you go to sell the bike it will sell better
Three if you go ride and eat it really bad the front wheel will possibliy break

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 19:33 Quote
Sun rims kinda heavy but really worth it and shimano hubs I recently broke my rims and got theese

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007369
Mobile Version of Website