EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 12:21 Quote
evil undead rear arm bearing

this is my evil undead main bearings for the swing arm just wonderd is this normal to me it looks like the rear arm is rubbing on the frame around the bearings Smile

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 16:22 Quote
If that's what I think it is, it's dirt trapped between front tri and swingarm rubbing as the swingarm rotates. Nearly unavoidable, occurs on nearly all bikes at the tight spots, and totally normal.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 16:46 Quote
Yea, mine was like that. I ended up putting some waterproof grease in there and it seemed a bit better.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 21:55 Quote
My spherical bearings lasted 5 days, and felt noticeably clunky. Replaced with the upgrade kit, which Evil supplied with the frame, and the ride is definitely quieter and smoother. The sphericals had movement in them I could feel with my fingers, absolutely the shittest bearings ever installed in a dh frame. New ones are sweet though.

Posted: Nov 28, 2014 at 14:47 Quote
Hey guys

I'm just about done building my Undead frame and I've managed to afford upgrading forks by selling my old ones. Problem is I have just shipped the old ones and forgot to remove the crown race from the forks. Will this do the job?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-reducer-crown-race/rp-prod92344

If not, anyone know where I can get another until I hopefully get the original one sent back?

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 10:34 Quote
It depends as the bearings are sealed Cartridge, but I suppose for £3 you could just buy it and try

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 10:36 Quote
Just looked at my spare one it's looks like it could work tbh

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 11:58 Quote
Yeah I got it fitted it and it all seems solid so it'll do until I get the original one back.

I've just about finished my Undead build, only some custom decals that I'm waiting on so I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 4:32 Quote
2014 fox 40 floats

Thats my bad boy ;-)

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 4:33 Quote
richtryinghard wrote:
2014 fox 40 floats

Thats my bad boy ;-)
Few things different diff pedals and matching back wheel etc

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
Hi all I had to send my rear swing arm back to the Europe branch for repair as there was a crack, but I've been waiting for nearly three months now, the Luismi has been really slow at getting back to waiting weeks at time to get a reply. So has anybody else had similar issue with them thanks

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 11:18 Quote
Were was the crack bud by the linkage ?

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 11:20 Quote
I'm willing to bet it wasn't cracked.

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 12:42 Quote
Would be interested to see where you cracked it... I absolutely crushed the shit out of my Undead and it was fine.

I surely hope you are not talking about the well documented paint cracks near the linkage that are purely cosmetic and come from the metal inserts and carbon flexing at different rates or else you would have wasted a lot of your own time for nothing! Good luck.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 3:49 Quote
S54itb wrote:
I'm willing to bet it wasn't cracked.

It was def cracked and it was by the rear axle bolt

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019207
Mobile Version of Website