Combo Shimano Deore XT Clipless pedals with Five Ten

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Combo Shimano Deore XT Clipless pedals with Five Ten
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2013 at 11:13 Quote
Do Five Ten Hellcat or Minnaar fit on Shimano SPD Deore XT's PD-M980 of PD-M985 on Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Or which pedals would one recommend in combination with Five Ten? I find my Shimano SPD shoes too stiff and racey.

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 3:33 Quote
You guys hate me right?

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 13:10 Quote
Of course they fit. Why wouldn't they.

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 0:13 Quote
I use Time Z pedals with Fiveten Minnaar shoes and it works well. Altought shoes clip in very tight because part of the pedal sinks into the sole rubber. I placed small spacers (got them with Look Quatz pedals) under the cleats to decrease the pedal bite a bit. The pedal will also "eat" part of the rubber sole quite quickly because of the sinking. But anyways, the grip is fantastic. I've been running this combination for year and a half.

Oh, one last thing. Minnaars don't work when there is snow on the ground. At least not with my combination.

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 3:43 Quote
Of course they fit. Why wouldn't they.

Hi, I wasn't sure if the part where you click your shoe with on the pedal would fit under it, I don't know if it's a standard measurement.

I use Time Z pedals with Fiveten Minnaar shoes and it works well. Altought shoes clip in very tight because part of the pedal sinks into the sole rubber. I placed small spacers (got them with Look Quatz pedals) under the cleats to decrease the pedal bite a bit. The pedal will also "eat" part of the rubber sole quite quickly because of the sinking. But anyways, the grip is fantastic. I've been running this combination for year and a half.

Oh, one last thing. Minnaars don't work when there is snow on the ground. At least not with my combination

Thanks for your comment, that's what I thought, but they do fit right? There isn't a lot of snow here so, guess I'm safe then!

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 18:19 Quote
Siriusmo wrote:
Do Five Ten Hellcat or Minnaar fit on Shimano SPD Deore XT's PD-M980 of PD-M985 on Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Or which pedals would one recommend in combination with Five Ten? I find my Shimano SPD shoes too stiff and racey.

I use five ten Maltese Falcons, which are a bit stiffer than the Hellcat and Minnaar's, and I found when using deore xt pedals the shoe flexed a bit too much over the pedal, so i could feel the pedals which hurt after a long ride. I would recommend getting shimano PD-M647 (what i use) as they mate perfectly with those shoes. You could also go with the time x-rocs, but don't get crankbros (break all the time)

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 14:11 Quote
Has anyone out there tried the Specialized Rime shoes? I'm trying to decide between the Rime's and Five Ten Maltese Falcons.

Haha and to follow immediately after riley-blott's comment I have crankbrothers candy pedals. First clipless setup!!!! Otherwise I would stick to flats but had to try out clipless at some point.

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 1:32 Quote
I have a set of hellcats and find them a little uncomfortable with xt pedals. I have dx pedals on my mountain bike and for smaller rides they are good but longer rides I have bontrager rxl carbon soled shoes. Most longer rides I have been wearing these lately but too and from work(15 min ride) I wear my hellcats

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.019874
Mobile Version of Website