To old to start :/

PB Forum :: Beginners
To old to start :/
Posted: May 17, 2013 at 5:59 Quote
ponygirl wrote:
And here I was worries 25 was too old to start.... Razz

Lmao. I remember when i thought 25 was old. I'm nearly 47 now and don't feel old at all

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 8:46 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
alphadynamic wrote:
I started riding in 1990, and took a huge break. Just getting back into it, I'm 36 this year, hugely fat and wheezy, but loving it. Feel better that I have in years, and the weight is melting away. As you get older your psyche changes slightly and are less inclined to do the extreme stuff, but that too goes with more practice and confidence... Go for it, as WalterPump says "Just Ride Man"!! Big Grin

I found the opposite. As i got older i found myself getting bored with the usual XC and am slowly getting more and more extreme/stupid. Once you get back into it proper you might find your inclination changes Smile

I hope so, I'm riding like a little pussy at the moment. Think a few more weeks and some bravery pills are needed! Big Grin

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 8:53 Quote
alphadynamic wrote:
nidgeslash9 wrote:
alphadynamic wrote:
I started riding in 1990, and took a huge break. Just getting back into it, I'm 36 this year, hugely fat and wheezy, but loving it. Feel better that I have in years, and the weight is melting away. As you get older your psyche changes slightly and are less inclined to do the extreme stuff, but that too goes with more practice and confidence... Go for it, as WalterPump says "Just Ride Man"!! Big Grin

I found the opposite. As i got older i found myself getting bored with the usual XC and am slowly getting more and more extreme/stupid. Once you get back into it proper you might find your inclination changes Smile

I hope so, I'm riding like a little pussy at the moment. Think a few more weeks and some bravery pills are needed! Big Grin

I broke my neck last year and it took me ages to grow my balls again. Each time i ride now i just try to push a little bit harder.

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 9:02 Quote
Yea, I'm just trying to trust my equipment, my experience and as you say push harder every time... Good on ya for coming back after a neck break!

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 3:50 Quote
I used to ride a lot when I was younger but with buying houses, getting married and having kids the biking went by the wayside for a few years. Decided to get back into it a few years ago at the age of 34 and have loved every minute of it. Just got my mate into it and he's 37, first time he's actually been mountain biking and he thinks its great.....your never too old to start or start again.

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 6:52 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
alphadynamic wrote:
nidgeslash9 wrote:

I broke my neck last year and it took me ages to grow my balls again. Each time i ride now i just try to push a little bit harder.

Yikes. I think it'd take anyone ages to grow balls again when a broken neck is involved. A friend of mine broke hers from a horse and it took her a long time to get over it too. Way to get back into (or onto in this case) the saddle!

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 at 16:28 Quote
life is a climb that mean nothing will be too old to start.my dad restart riding at
56 (four years ago ) and now he can go out with me .we ride 50km and climb a small hill ,we play xc then we start our way back home.so i believe u will bike as good as u do when r young.

Posted: Jun 15, 2013 at 8:44 Quote
im 31 too and just started riding again had a giant hardtail for last 7yrs but hasnt seen the light of day in almost 2 yrs (since my son was born) just bought a giant trance really wanna get back out there have some fun seems im young compared to some other riders Smile

Posted: Jun 24, 2013 at 14:11 Quote
I shattered my left leg and ankle three years ago, four surgeries to repair all the damage and had to face the facts that I could no longer run at the age of 41. I just turned 43 and have been riding just under a year, and I really wish I had started mountain biking decades ago. I cannot believe how much fun singletrail riding is - such a blast!

I currently ride a Giant Revel as I wasnt sure if this was going to be a sport I would be truly interested in and didnt want to fork out several thousand bucks on a bike. Now all I want to do is fork out several thousand for a new bike.... Big Grin

I ride with several guys from work whom are much younger than I, and they eat my dust!

Posted: Jul 16, 2013 at 15:18 Quote
Got back into mountain biking 3 Years ago when I just turned 30, father of 4 same as original poster. Wish I could get out more, I don't feel too old....yet!!! Smile

FL
Posted: Jul 16, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
going to morzine/les gets in 32 days (im 42), taking my 17 yr old son with me this time to look after me when i fall off (as i told him, he falls off he bounces, i fall off i break)

Got a better bike, in better shape and simply cant wait for my son to show me how it is done!!!

Posted: Aug 23, 2013 at 9:24 Quote
Yes feel a bit better now starting at 26 Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 21:17 Quote
I started back riding about 2 months ago and I'm 52 yo. I've already rode 30+ miles in the last week. You can do it!

Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 12:38 Quote
Jeez man, this thread makes me feel a lot better! Im 34 and just getting back into it. My bro just come out the army so i got a ridnig partner. Were just ridnig trails atm but with the motto, go hard or go home it won't be long untill ive bought a dh! Love n light folks..

Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 18:27 Quote
45 and started mtb 4 years ago. Just started downhill in parks this year. Got my 1st DH bike and already comfortable on lift served black terrain. Have to keep up with my 12 year old. Still quite doable at an older age, just stay sore longer that I did when I was doing activities when I was younger.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009669
Mobile Version of Website