Truvativ Ruktion

PB Forum :: SRAM
Truvativ Ruktion
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
my hussefelts came loose like twice but i never had and problems with em in like 6 months

haha came...

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
If you have any of these problems... take the cranks and bottom bracket to your local bike shop, have them call truvativ and they'll trade you for brand new cranks, no questions ask (except for what size you want,)

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
tis a good point. as long as the bike is new enough they should replace the crank for free...if they're a good shop.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
it doesn't even depend on the shop. you can call truvativ yourself and tell them what shop your at and they'll send them there

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
majordamage wrote:
I'm pretty sure blue loc-tite isn't the high strength one. I once ran into red loc-tite at the bike shop I work at. it took 4 guys about 10 minutes to get the bolt to turn. I see blue loc-tite all the time though. so I think you've got your colors mixed up.

ruktions and huselfelts are both very cheap cranksets. if they are giving you trouble, I would replace them. if you need something cheap get a pair of cheap bmx cranks. i guess that would only work for single speed though.

HEY I said that RED was high strength!

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
not to be a punk, but if you check again...

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
terrance wrote:

... and took high strength loc-tite(blue color, medium strength is red)...

its cool man, you just slipped up.

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
majordamage wrote:
terrance wrote:

... and took high strength loc-tite(blue color, medium strength is red)...

its cool man, you just slipped up.

i know i know. its cool

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
Allan key set and hammer to hammer the Allan which tightens it that little more , but don't thread the crank

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
yea! mine would come loose to and this year i changed frame and the guy changed my bolts to so hopefully they dont get loose..so far they havnt!

I have a question about the rukition(probly didnt spell it right)Ok so is there any companies that sell smaller sprokets that will fit on it? like between 20t and 25t. please tell me what!

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
streetparkrider wrote:
yea! mine would come loose to and this year i changed frame and the guy changed my bolts to so hopefully they dont get loose..so far they havnt!

I have a question about the rukition(probly didnt spell it right)Ok so is there any companies that sell smaller sprokets that will fit on it? like between 20t and 25t. please tell me what!
just run a granny ring 22-24 and a trials bash

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22643

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
MR-STP2 wrote:
streetparkrider wrote:

sorry i dont know much about this what is a granny ring? and the link u send me its just a bash guard? i dont really need a bash guard!

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
dirt-life wrote:
Hey,I got a Truvativ Ruktion crankset on my Norco Havoc I just bought 4 days ago.I was riding to the skatepark and it randomly fell off.Is it just a bad crankset or was it just loose?

it was probably loose, but it is a bad crankset

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
streetparkrider wrote:
MR-STP2 wrote:
streetparkrider wrote:

sorry i dont know much about this what is a granny ring? and the link u send me its just a bash guard? i dont really need a bash guard!

on your crank set there will be the 4 holes your chainring is bolted to and then another 4 holes for a smaller chainring (granny ring) take your chainring off and replace with the bash guard i linked you and then put a 24t granny ring on the other bolt holes. like this

photo

sorry for useing your pic iggz's.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
MR-STP2 wrote:
streetparkrider wrote:
MR-STP2 wrote:

on your crank set there will be the 4 holes your chainring is bolted to and then another 4 holes for a smaller chainring (granny ring) take your chainring off and replace with the bash guard i linked you and then put a 24t granny ring on the other bolt holes. like this

photo

sorry for useing your pic iggz's.

ok but i dont absolutely need a bashguard and doesnt need to be THAT ONE? and if im gettin it right the granny ring is on the inside instead of the outisde now?? im confused lol sorryMadder Redface Redface

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014133
Mobile Version of Website