Specialized Internal Routing & Rock Shox Reverb

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized Internal Routing & Rock Shox Reverb
O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 7:22 Quote
Even if it's not reverb ready it does not take much drill work to get it there.

Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 8:46 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Even if it's not reverb ready it does not take much drill work to get it there.

gotcha, should i sand it out like the other guy mentioned, or take a drill bit (scary)

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 10:23 Quote
My routing hole started at 4mm so I took a 4.5mm drill bit too it which gentally took a little out of the hole. Then I stepped up to a 5.2mm bit and drilled out the hole really well to get rid of any drill marks inside the hole. Finally I took a 4.5mm round file and filed the inside of the hole smooth. Even after all that if fits the reverb housing tightly. That's what I did and it worked well. Sanding it out will work great but you will need more patience then I had.

Eric

Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 11:51 Quote
EKrum wrote:
My routing hole started at 4mm so I took a 4.5mm drill bit too it which gentally took a little out of the hole. Then I stepped up to a 5.2mm bit and drilled out the hole really well to get rid of any drill marks inside the hole. Finally I took a 4.5mm round file and filed the inside of the hole smooth. Even after all that if fits the reverb housing tightly. That's what I did and it worked well. Sanding it out will work great but you will need more patience then I had.

Eric

thanks so much, are there any guides out there on how to run the cable itself?

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 13:53 Quote
On my 2013 it was pretty self explanatory, is the 2014 internally routed?

Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 14:50 Quote
Yes same frame design, just not sure if u take the remote off or what

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 18:47 Quote
The way I routed it was to run a stiff metal wire through the routing hole. Then I diss-attached the reverb cable from the remote. I gently stuck the wire into the end of the cable and wrapped it with electrical tape. Then I pulled the wire back through the routing while feeding the cable through with it. Once I pulled the cable through the routing I pulled the wire out, cut the extra cable I did not need off and re-attached the remote. No need to bleed the system this way. I hope that made sense and helped.

Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 20:15 Quote
EKrum wrote:
The way I routed it was to run a stiff metal wire through the routing hole. Then I diss-attached the reverb cable from the remote. I gently stuck the wire into the end of the cable and wrapped it with electrical tape. Then I pulled the wire back through the routing while feeding the cable through with it. Once I pulled the cable through the routing I pulled the wire out, cut the extra cable I did not need off and re-attached the remote. No need to bleed the system this way. I hope that made sense and helped.

yes sir, thank you so much for all your help... You are the man and making my experience much easier

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:37 Quote
f*ck. Just ran into this problem on my stumpy evo 2013 Madder

Anyone find a place that sells 4mm reverb hose?

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 11:39 Quote
just use a drill, it is super easy, safe, clean, and won't hurt the frame

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 at 12:04 Quote
there is a bigger hole on the bottom cable guide of the down tube, if you take the rubber off the frame its underneath it and it looks big enough for a reverb hose.

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 at 16:51 Quote
the on on the downtube works with the reverb no problem, i have a reverb stealth routed there with no drilling involved

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 19:42 Quote
Just finished installing a Command Post IR on my Stumpy Evo 29, with some ghetto stealth routing. It actually worked pretty well and looks dialed.
Command post IR ghetto stealth routing

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
I'm about to try this approach of drilling out the bottom lug for an internal cable based dropper. Anyone have any feedback on their attempts. Seems easy enough to drill it out a bit wide rand perhaps at a slight angle to ease the routing. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020656
Mobile Version of Website