Anyone broken a femur?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Anyone broken a femur?
Posted: Dec 28, 2013 at 12:03 Quote
Man I got lucky! I am back to completely normal, snowboarding again now and I think it was stubborn boarder line stupidity that got me there, swimming and riding every day might have done it good also but can't work out why it's gone so well overall, bone wise the last time I felt pain was a heavy compression snowboarding but it was VERY short lived and like the described growing pains and quite a dumb move overall lol muscular I had pain around my knee and hip related to where the incisions were made I ignored the pain stubbenly and it went eventually after a lot of riding and the hip pain went after a lot of painful stretches and a bit of yoga (dragged kicking and screaming by the girlfriend but it helps the hip especially)
Man I hope the opp goes well for you rick you deserve a bit of luck after this long!

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 at 14:59 Quote
Yea had surgery 2 weeks ago, saw xrays monday its all looking good bone is alot closer and already showing growth, said i should be back to normal in 6-8 weeks

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 at 15:22 Quote
redbullrick wrote:
Yea had surgery 2 weeks ago, saw xrays monday its all looking good bone is alot closer and already showing growth, said i should be back to normal in 6-8 weeks

So good to hear man! Hopefully it's all smoothe sailing from here

Posted: Dec 28, 2013 at 16:47 Quote
Cvet wrote:
redbullrick wrote:

So good to hear man! Hopefully it's all smoothe sailing from here

hell yea me to. meanwhile i get to look at my bike all day haha

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 17:24 Quote
Well after almost a year since the break, my leg is half healed should be able to get back on the bike at the end of the month

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 4:49 Quote
redbullrick wrote:
Well after almost a year since the break, my leg is half healed should be able to get back on the bike at the end of the month

Not tried riding in a year? I was on the bike after 2 months. Albeit not properly, but all was good. Was easier to ride a bike than walk!

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 7:58 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
redbullrick wrote:

Not tried riding in a year? I was on the bike after 2 months. Albeit not properly, but all was good. Was easier to ride a bike than walk!

I did start riding 3months after the break was in feb last year, rode up until december when i had to have a second surgery, i was riding good but needed some screws removed and a bone graft because my bone still hadnt fully fused together, im 8 weeks out of 2nd surgery feeling alot better then all last year, went on a few just mellow rides to feel things out but ill wait till its shows bone growth all the way around my femur, but doc says ill be back to riding by the end of the month

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 7:59 Quote
Riding was eaiser then walking lol!

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 12:05 Quote
redbullrick wrote:
Shieldsy94 wrote:
redbullrick wrote:

I did start riding 3months after the break was in feb last year, rode up until december when i had to have a second surgery, i was riding good but needed some screws removed and a bone graft because my bone still hadnt fully fused together, im 8 weeks out of 2nd surgery feeling alot better then all last year, went on a few just mellow rides to feel things out but ill wait till its shows bone growth all the way around my femur, but doc says ill be back to riding by the end of the month

Wish you the best of luck dude!

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 12:24 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
redbullrick wrote:
Shieldsy94 wrote:

Wish you the best of luck dude!

Thanks man! Went for a little pedal on my tracer today mainly dirt control road but not feeling to bad. as much as i want to hit the trails ill wait a few more weeks, building up a new dh sled to keep me sane lol

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 1:31 Quote
Does anyone here know how long it takes to recover from rod removal surgery? I'm talking to my surgeon in the 27th about it

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 8:16 Quote
How long has it been in? Iv read a few people it was a couple of weeks till they could ride but that they had the rod in for over a year. Mine will most likly stay unless i get pain from it in the next couple years

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 13:19 Quote
I think like nine months but I keep getting told it has to come out cause I'm still growing it will grow in my femur and they don't want to try and get it out if I need a knee reconstruction

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 14:21 Quote
I don't understand why you wouldn't just leave it in...

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 14:23 Quote
Yea if ur still growing i could see why they would take it out ,im 24, i had asked my surgeon if they were to take it out now on me it would be another 4 plus months because my other surgeon who did my surgery last year put the rod thru my knee instead of down through my hip and they would have to open my knee all up again, but he said the only reason it would take that long if they were to take the rod out was because my bone hadnt healed at all in the last year and then id be put in a leg brace again. In another year or 2 id like to have it removed but from what iv been told its beat to leave it till the bone is fully healed and then take it out

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022708
Mobile Version of Website