Anyone broken a femur?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Anyone broken a femur?
Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 18:26 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
I don't understand why you wouldn't just leave it in...

Cause I'm only 15 it will become I grown in the bone so if I need any surgery and the rod interferes with it my femur will have to recover again as well as whatever I'd be getting surgery on

Posted: Feb 10, 2014 at 23:33 Quote
My name is Tyler and I break femurs. It was a cold December night. It started freez raining. I was waiting for my dad to pick me up for the weekend. My mom asked me to help with the Christmas tree, being a teenager I was a dick (after 16 or 17 years of doing the whole tree thing it's boring.). When my dad got here and we rushed of. The roads were real slick. Then we saw a guy in a SUV slide 4 lanes of trafic and hit us head on.

My dad broke his ankle from the fire wall caving in. I broke my step moms back with my leg going threw the seat. She's a big lady and had the seat way to back. After all the crashing. My leg felt funny. Then I noticed my knee was in the middle of my leg. When it broke it kinda tickled in a weird way. Hurt like a bitch when they got me out of the car. Then when they billed it straight my gawd. Even though I was druges it hurt so bad. The artery was fine.

It took 5 months to be able to walk with out crutches. Felt like I just learned to walk. My leg is 3 inches longer due to the rid. It threw my spine of it curves to make up for it. It's a long and boring healing time. My doctor gave me the okay to do what I wanted after a year. It wasn't bad, just the cramps and scar tissue ripping hurt. Just stretch and work it out. I didn't do any activity for a year. My skateboarding career is over, it hurts when I trip over a curb. But then I discovered mtb.

All and all it sucks balls.

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 7:09 Quote
tylerthegiant wrote:
My name is Tyler and I break femurs. It was a cold December night. It started freez raining. I was waiting for my dad to pick me up for the weekend. My mom asked me to help with the Christmas tree, being a teenager I was a dick (after 16 or 17 years of doing the whole tree thing it's boring.). When my dad got here and we rushed of. The roads were real slick. Then we saw a guy in a SUV slide 4 lanes of trafic and hit us head on.

My dad broke his ankle from the fire wall caving in. I broke my step moms back with my leg going threw the seat. She's a big lady and had the seat way to back. After all the crashing. My leg felt funny. Then I noticed my knee was in the middle of my leg. When it broke it kinda tickled in a weird way. Hurt like a bitch when they got me out of the car. Then when they billed it straight my gawd. Even though I was druges it hurt so bad. The artery was fine.

It took 5 months to be able to walk with out crutches. Felt like I just learned to walk. My leg is 3 inches longer due to the rid. It threw my spine of it curves to make up for it. It's a long and boring healing time. My doctor gave me the okay to do what I wanted after a year. It wasn't bad, just the cramps and scar tissue ripping hurt. Just stretch and work it out. I didn't do any activity for a year. My skateboarding career is over, it hurts when I trip over a curb. But then I discovered mtb.

Not to sound like a fool but I'd say your lucky you can remember it. I can't remember anything of mine and nobody can tell a consistent story Frown

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 8:09 Quote
i remember laying on the ground for almost an hour, just glad i had my buddys with me and one of them was an EMT, then i saw the chopper come over the mountain and i knew i was good to go. They didnt set my bone back in till surgery because they knew my artery was cut and the flight medic said not to set it in till surgery due to the fact if they did i could have bled out on the spot even though i had lost 2 liters of blood bu the time i got to the ER room. i remember alot of what happend that day, im juat glad im still here able to walk and ride again

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 15:12 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
tylerthegiant wrote:

Not to sound like a fool but I'd say your lucky you can remember it. I can't remember anything of mine and nobody can tell a consistent story Frown

I remember the whole thing till surgery. It take all day to write the convos out. I just didn't want to be naked and have People handle my junk.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
It has been over a year since the doc shoved a titanium rod in my broken Femur.
I still feel pain sometimes when I use my quads to climb.
I will keep the I.M. rod in my Femur. I feel more confident knowing a chunk of Titanium is holding that leg bone in place.
Chances are the break did not heal properly. Why the doc could not do it right the first time is more than a bit of a concern. Getting sliced open again does not seem like a healthy idea. Infections are from super bugs hanging out in hospitals.
A bit of pain isn't stopping me from shredding. Not to sure about getting back into dirt jumping.......

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:53 Quote
redbullrick wrote:
i remember laying on the ground for almost an hour, just glad i had my buddys with me and one of them was an EMT, then i saw the chopper come over the mountain and i knew i was good to go. They didnt set my bone back in till surgery because they knew my artery was cut and the flight medic said not to set it in till surgery due to the fact if they did i could have bled out on the spot even though i had lost 2 liters of blood bu the time i got to the ER room. i remember alot of what happend that day, im juat glad im still here able to walk and ride again
Heli flight cool. Almost bleeding to death. not cool. Glad you recovered. Percentage wise how well are you healed up?

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 7:14 Quote
Sshredder wrote:
redbullrick wrote:
Heli flight cool. Almost bleeding to death. not cool. Glad you recovered. Percentage wise how well are you healed up?

Well i had that second surgery about four months ago, still not 100% yet muscle stregth but hopfully in a couple more months 2 months after my second surger doc cleared me to ride so i have been doin alot of trail and things are finally getting better, just i have alot of hip pain which im gona ask my surgeon about whe i see him next week

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 9:24 Quote
redbullrick wrote:
Sshredder wrote:
redbullrick wrote:

Well i had that second surgery about four months ago, still not 100% yet muscle stregth but hopfully in a couple more months 2 months after my second surger doc cleared me to ride so i have been doin alot of trail and things are finally getting better, just i have alot of hip pain which im gona ask my surgeon about whe i see him next week
A lot of hip pain. Perhaps your body is out of alighnment. A good chiropractor might do the job.
Or your like me and have landed on your hips from crashing too many times.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 6:44 Quote
Sshredder wrote:
redbullrick wrote:
Sshredder wrote:

A lot of hip pain. Perhaps your body is out of alighnment. A good chiropractor might do the job.
Or your like me and have landed on your hips from crashing too many times.

Yea i was thinkn about seeing a chiroprator because im sure im out of alighnment after walking funny for over a year, been doing more stretching that last couple weeks an thats been helping

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030588
Mobile Version of Website