Devinci Wilson 2011-2013 Bearing Service

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Devinci Wilson 2011-2013 Bearing Service
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2013 at 3:59 Quote
Hi,
I'm about to swap out some bearings in my newly acquired used Devinci Wilson frame.

I have the new bearings and a proper tool to do the smallest ones (6903-2RS)
The mid size ones (6805-2RS) I plan to do with a socket set and some threaded rod

the ones that are causing me a headache are the big ones (6809-2RS) that are in the main pivot around the BB, I have a Devinci tool on the way to split the pivot, but I know for a fact I don't have a socket set big enough for pushing those in/out...

Has anybody done them that can offer some guidance?

Posted: Mar 13, 2013 at 16:34 Quote
If you can figure out what sized socket you will need you can probably get one on ebay for a few quid.

Posted: Mar 18, 2013 at 7:18 Quote
Well in case anybody else want to do theirs this is how i did mine..
1) Drop the main pivot from the bike using the Devinci 4 pin tool
2) Hold the main pivot in a vice and use a blunt instrument to tap out the bearings making sure that you move around in a circle to try to bring them out straight
3) clean and lube all surfaces
4) Refit first Bearing, I used 2 pieces of thick MDF as this is an engineered flat surface and a vice
5) Refit inner sleeve - DO NOT FORGET THIS OR YOU LOOK A COMPLETE TWAT!!
6) Fit second bearing the same way as the first

WARNING - with this size bearing make sure it stays true and flat, if it starts twisting stop, remove it and restart... do not hope that squeezing the high side will straighten it out, the bearing is so tall and thin it will bend very easy resulting is a cracked bearing, that then explodes on removal!

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 12:07 Quote
Hey can you tell me how to get the main pivot out does it tap out affter I used the tool from devinci. Cheers

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 11:31 Quote
daza wrote:
Hey can you tell me how to get the main pivot out does it tap out affter I used the tool from devinci. Cheers
Yes once you have undone the front collar with the tool it will all be obvious and it comes out if the frame real easy.

Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 2:42 Quote
Is the front collar tight of did it loosen off easy. Ive just got a feeling the 4 pins arnt beefy enough to get grip?

Posted: Jun 15, 2014 at 23:21 Quote
It was ok. Just need to make sure you hold the tool tight into it to stop it hopping out when you undo/do it up.
I got the torque settings for all off the frame of Devinci directly with an email.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 21:09 Quote
For anybody who needs to know, you need a 45mm socket for the largest bearings around the bottom bracket. Using a socket as a bearing press is a great idea. Saved me a headache.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 16:06 Quote
oc1rob wrote:
It was ok. Just need to make sure you hold the tool tight into it to stop it hopping out when you undo/do it up.
I got the torque settings for all off the frame of Devinci directly with an email.

I don't suppose you could post those torque settings here could you please? Just getting ready to redo my own pivots.

Did you guys buy replacements form a shot directly or a bearing supplier? I had an order in to a supplier in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada) and cancelled it. He recommended "the good ones" over the cheep Chinese ones. It was going to be about $230 for:
2 x 6805RS (main pivot on carbon assembly at chainring)
4 x 6903RS (axle pivots and pivots on lower rocker link)

Kits seem available online, but shipping to Canada is limited.

I don't have the numbers for the pivot around the BB yet as I don't have the tool to remove the pivot/bb assembly. Found some images online. My subconscious is designing my own home-brew tool in the background. If it works, I'll let you know.

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
Hey kurt2 check it out

http://www.droppindown.com/devinci-tech.html

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 10:25 Quote
droppindown wrote:
Hey kurt2 check it out

http://www.droppindown.com/devinci-tech.html

Perfect, thank you fine Sir!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008076
Mobile Version of Website