Drift Trike Central (builders and riders forum)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Drift Trike Central (builders and riders forum)
Posted: Nov 2, 2013 at 10:10 Quote
i am building a engine powered drift trike and am looking advice on what engine i should use

Posted: Nov 17, 2013 at 22:43 Quote
Look at electric hub motors.
If you have to do gas power I have seen 50cc 2strokes all the way up to big bike engines....

As for trikes I think we have built 26 or so. Even built a few for the kids.
Even sold a few, so I could build more.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 14:23 Quote
hey i was wondering how long my drift trike axle should be. i made one with an axle that is about 4 feet long from the outside edges of the wheels, but it seems too wide, and i hear that if it is shorter it is easier to drift. Is that true? my friends have trikes with shorter axles and they seem to drift easier. what do you think?

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 20:27 Quote
Lower centre of gravity means you'll have to spread the wheels out to sit between them and pretty much on the axle. And a lower centre of gravity is one key component in getting er sideways. But if it's too long and the wheels extend far out, you'll just hit things and it's not great. I'm not explaining this very well, but you want it low, and wide enough so you sit low, but not wider than just enough to clear the seat, so it looks clean and rides nicely. You get me?

FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
althepal123 wrote:
hey i was wondering how long my drift trike axle should be. i made one with an axle that is about 4 feet long from the outside edges of the wheels, but it seems too wide, and i hear that if it is shorter it is easier to drift. Is that true? my friends have trikes with shorter axles and they seem to drift easier. what do you think?

I've been looking it up and there's a lot of pictures suggesting to stay under 1M (3.3ft) for the axle. As you say wider is better for the centre of gravity as while, as said, as long as it clears the seat the centre of gravity is as low as it is going to get but with it being wider it will have the COG more inboard which is good. Basically up to you.

FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
Just finishing building a trike for my tech Ed class and was wondering where everyone gets their wheel sleeves. My wheels have a 10 inch diameter so I'm looking for 10 inch pvc. Do you guys buy the ready made stuff from drift trike websites or get pvc from other places? If not online, where do you get it? Thanks

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
Is this house you ride a Drift Trike ?
https://youtu.be/e3II1a4z2vQ

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3II1a4z2vQ&sns=em

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 15:43 Quote
Can anyone recommend a frame/axle combo that might support a buddy of mine who is pushing 400 lbs? Not sure if there's anything out there for a guy his size.

Thanks in advance!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022017
Mobile Version of Website