The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 3:41 Quote
Yes, the parts and oil are expensive but, if i'm buying replacement parts I might aswell try to buy the original parts.
Having to ship the stuff for service is more expensive in my opinion. Once you get the oil, on the second service price decreases.

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 3:43 Quote
migkab wrote:
Yes, the parts and oil are expensive but, if i'm buying replacement parts I might aswell try to buy the original parts.
Having to ship the stuff for service is more expensive in my opinion. Once you get the oil, on the second service price decreases.

True

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 5:58 Quote
Spares are on the way.
Since there is not much information/videos/how to's on the Deville I will try and do one myself.

;-)

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 6:13 Quote
I believe BOS has PDFs on howto, don't know if it's on the website or by mail though. Might want to give Ilan a mail

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 8:30 Quote
Possibly a dumb question, but.....

How do I tell if the bushings are shot on my forks, without removing the lowers, what would be the normal symptoms?

Anyway...... replacing bushings is an absolute rip-off!

This is all to do with the stantion wear my forks suffered, pinged the details on here a few pages ago. I may have already mantioned it, however there's a chap at Regen Suspension that can replace the stanchions, worth a go because the forks are fubar anyway! Well they're perfectly fine...... but I'm a perfectionist and want them sorted.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 9:07 Quote
Grab the fork from the axle, move it back and forth if you feel some play, you need to change the bushings...

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
prestigemtb wrote:
Grab the fork from the axle, move it back and forth if you feel some play, you need to change the bushings...

Thought so, there's no movement whatsoever, it's as solid as a rock!

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 10:40 Quote
Also if your fork moves up and down in "sections", dont know if this is the correct word to descrive it, it may need bushings. I had a float and that was the sympton. I thought it was just regular maintenance but when it was disassembled the busshing were all twisted inside. It looked quite scary. But for that you will need a special tool to remove them.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 12:07 Quote
jskiff wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:

How old is your fork?

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 13:27 Quote
prestigemtb wrote:
jskiff wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:

How old is your fork?

2012 i think, warranty ran out about a month or so before the damage manifested iitself

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 13:30 Quote
jskiff wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:
jskiff wrote:

How old is your fork?

2012 i think, warranty ran out about a month or so before the damage manifested iitself

Feb 2012

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 13:31 Quote
Well since it was after a crash, they probably wouldn't have done anything anyway ... Can't remember but have you sent them a mail shortly after ?

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 14:07 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Well since it was after a crash, they probably wouldn't have done anything anyway ... Can't remember but have you sent them a mail shortly after ?

Yeah no chance because of the age and circumstance Frown warranty was never an option.

Been on to Mad Elk, exploring some options. At the minute though I'm thinking about flogging them as they are and getting myself some Pikes, just join the rest of the world! Pretty sure I'll be disappointed in comparison to my Devilles, I do love them ALOT!!!!

Like I said though the Regen option is worth exploring, but at £120 ish for stanchion replacement, £80 for replacement bushings, plus a service at £120 it's getting a bit silly!

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 14:11 Quote
Mad elk have quoted 285euros (replacement uppers) + 139euros (service) + 80euros (bushings).

Again 500euros us a bit silly!

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 15:02 Quote
Completely my friend just sold a like new Deville fot $550!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010488
Mobile Version of Website