The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
By the way if you want to replace your Deville I will strongly suggest the 350NCR... Far better than the pike

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
prestigemtb wrote:
By the way if you want to replace your Deville I will strongly suggest the 350NCR... Far better than the pike

Nice looking fork, will have to do a bit of reading, chwers for the pointer dude Smile

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 15:44 Quote
jskiff wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:

Nice looking fork, will have to do a bit of reading, chwers for the pointer dude Smile

I use to have a Deville, loved it. Changed for a Pike... what a mistake...Hated it. Then bought a 350CR and loved it. Performs just as good as the Deville, the only thing that is better on the Deville is the fact that you can adjust the low speed and high speed compression. On the 350 you can only adjust the low speed...

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 1:50 Quote
prestigemtb wrote:
jskiff wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:

I use to have a Deville, loved it. Changed for a Pike... what a mistake...Hated it. Then bought a 350CR and loved it. Performs just as good as the Deville, the only thing that is better on the Deville is the fact that you can adjust the low speed and high speed compression. On the 350 you can only adjust the low speed...

Defo an option to consider :-)

Waiting for Mad Elk to come back to me on the uppers, if the 285 euros includes the service then I'm not as upset by the costs, if it doesn't then I'll defo be on the market for some new forks

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 1:58 Quote
That is quite expensive.
If you want I can give the contact of "our" suspension independant technician here and he gives you a quote. He is probably doing 80 % of the suspension services in the whole country now.
He knows his business, you can rest assured.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 2:13 Quote
migkab wrote:
That is quite expensive.
If you want I can give the contact of "our" suspension independant technician here and he gives you a quote. He is probably doing 80 % of the suspension services in the whole country now.
He knows his business, you can rest assured.

That would be really good, email would be ideal :-)

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 2:24 Quote
Thing is, unless you send it to a shop that has everything to check the lowers (not only bushings, but to make sure they are perfectly straight, not twisted or bent), it might end up for nothing...

If the guys at MadElk cycles have the knowledge and tools to make 100% sure that if you change the bushings + steerer + seals it would be good to go for another X years (with the regular maintenance of course), then I would say to go for it. It's still cheaper than getting a new fork.

Btw a service at Novyparts including bushings is 190€ (+ something like 15-20 for shipping back to UK), so still cheaper than Mad Elk.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 2:27 Quote
prestigemtb wrote:
jskiff wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:

I had a 350Cr after my Deville, and it was nowhere near as good. Not even in the same ballpark.

I now have the new 36 and believe them to be at least the equal of the Devilles.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 2:40 Quote
sup3rc0w wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:
jskiff wrote:

I had a 350Cr after my Deville, and it was nowhere near as good. Not even in the same ballpark.

I now have the new 36 and believe them to be at least the equal of the Devilles.

I do like the new Fox range and some of the reviews on Radar and the likes are glowing, but if I was going to start waxing Fox cash I'd want to go Bos again, depsite the poor after sale shenanigans, their kit is exceptional.

Gutted it's happened on the whole :-( I'm going to be spending my Kirk money to get them fixed.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 2:59 Quote
They can't really get any worse, so get a Kirk, and when you have the money, get the Deville fixed Big Grin

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 3:27 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
They can't really get any worse, so get a Kirk, and when you have the money, get the Deville fixed Big Grin

In many respects you are absolutely right haha

However it won't be long before the damage is such that water ingress is inevitable, albeit that right now they work fine, if I don't get them fixed the internals will end up F.U.B.A.R.

I reckon I can live with the RP23 for another couple of months :-)

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
Hi guys,
I've just took the lowers off my Deville to clean and replace the oil and noticed the damper has 2 small threaded holes below the main oil ports into the damper. One has a set screw in it but it was not tight, the other is open/nothing in it.

Is this correct? I noticed if you try to tighten the set screw it stops the HSC knob from moving. I don't want to take the damper apart at this time to see how it all works but it seems strange to have 2 holes, only 1 with a set screw in and not tightened.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 4:25 Quote
Hi there.

Hope this can help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0p1QBymtLk (video of bos deville service by DPX)

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 3:15 Quote
Shutting team I'd never buy off them again after loosing a full set of kit wrecked done by no one other than France FULL OF SHIT dint buy the crap

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 8:34 Quote
andyd2506 wrote:
Shutting team I'd never buy off them again after loosing a full set of kit wrecked done by no one other than France FULL OF SHIT dint buy the crap

Whats happened?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014621
Mobile Version of Website