The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 10:45 Quote
I'm selling my 2014 Idylle with only six rides on it in mint condition if any of you are interested.

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 15:13 Quote
So if I turn my bike upside down and twist the stantions left and right (not up and down there travel) I can feel the air side has a little play in it and almost makes a clicking noise.

Does anyone else have this?

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 19:21 Quote
Your bushings need to be replaced...

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 1:36 Quote
von-rumford wrote:
So if I turn my bike upside down and twist the stantions left and right (not up and down there travel) I can feel the air side has a little play in it and almost makes a clicking noise.

Call jtech he can put Fox 36 bushes in there

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 1:56 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
von-rumford wrote:

Call jtech he can put Fox 36 bushes in there

They're are only 6 months old from new so hopefully be a warranty job.

I did notice in the book it says due to the unique design the bushes will have a slight bit of play in them but it's only one side.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 16:10 Quote
can anyone get on the BOSMTB site, or is it just me?
http://www.bosmtb.com/en/shocks/all-mountain/detail/produit/vip-r-2-1/9.html

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 23:58 Quote
The website is down...

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 6:33 Quote
It's down, but you can still access some files off Google cache (like if you're looking for fork/shock pdf, ...)

Posted: Jul 9, 2015 at 13:55 Quote
Just got my Bos 140mms delivered the other day, fitting day is tomorrow and just wondering as I'm looking at upgrading rear shock from a FOX RPL as it blows through it's travel and is unerving in the rough.

As Mojo UK don't tune the RPL model, I have been thinking Ohlins coil or wait for their air shock, been seriously looking at CCDB inline or piggyback version.

OR do I and should I consider Bos VIPR?
any experiences of this shock please wanted as it's a shed load of dough to shell out, I'll be honest and say that I have not done my research just yet as have been concentrating on the Deville purchasing and also purchased my first dropper . oooooooeoo. ;-d

I will need it in 190x50 to suit a 127mm travel frame if that makes any difference in deciding factor(s).

any help much appreciated. Cannot wait to ride BOS as I very briefly sat on a set of NDEEs once and just WOW!

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 2:12 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Just got my Bos 140mms delivered the other day, fitting day is tomorrow and just wondering as I'm looking at upgrading rear shock from a FOX RPL as it blows through it's travel and is unerving in the rough.

As Mojo UK don't tune the RPL model, I have been thinking Ohlins coil or wait for their air shock, been seriously looking at CCDB inline or piggyback version.

any experiences of this shock please wanted as it's a shed load of dough to shell out, I'll be honest and say that I have not done my research just yet as have been concentrating on the Deville purchasing and also purchased my first dropper . oooooooeoo. ;-d

I will need it in 190x50 to suit a 127mm travel frame if that makes any difference in deciding factor(s).

any help much appreciated. Cannot wait to ride BOS as I very briefly sat on a set of NDEEs once and just WOW!

I'm running the CCDB Inline coupled to by Bos 160mm Devilles and it's FRIGGIN AWESOME!

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 4:03 Quote
thanks for that jskiff, how much psi pressure do you run for your weight in the ccdb inline?

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 5:58 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
thanks for that jskiff, how much psi pressure do you run for your weight in the ccdb inline?

I'm 15st so I have it up at 200PSI, it's a bit of a complex piece of kit and needs a bit of fettling to get it feeling right for you.

Brilliant though!

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 9:13 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

I've got a VIP'r and it's a good shock (I can't claim to have much experience with others mind) but it has very little adjustment and the pedal platform isn't noticeable. For the price I think you could probably spend more wisely.

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
OMG, just had the deville 140s fitted today, set them up and had a dropper post installed for first time at the same time plus carbon DT wheels and it's all totally transformed my riding pleasure.

I managed to get 125mm out of the fork and approx 100mm out of the Fox RPL which is feeling nice now I have upped the psi another 20 or so.

Just the way the fork tracks and gets traction on roots both up and down, is frighteningly good and awe inspiring.
no word of a lie, these forks rock!

I think I'm going to add a couple of volume reducers to the rear Fox RPL before going for the Bos Vipr.
but will definitely consider that (Marc, I'll be in touch either way k Smile )

yeah just words do not describe how stoked I'm right now as I'm just getting back into riding after a motorcycle off a couple of yrs ago.

only thing that didn't inspire confidence were my Hope Tech evo m4 brakes with 183mm rotors each end, I know I am heavy bloke but still, if I was on Avid 2 pots or Shimano 2 pots, they would of stopped not dragged.

so overall, very happy chappy with the forks.
thanks for the advice on the shock and will let you guys know how my decision goes... Big Grin

Posted: Jul 11, 2015 at 5:06 Quote
Hope brakes have a real progressive feel, they still work better than avid or shitmano IMHO.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011874
Mobile Version of Website