The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Dec 6, 2013 at 14:10 Quote
Anyone had the air spring apart on an Idylle Air?

Posted: Dec 7, 2013 at 7:49 Quote
JoeManz wrote:
Anyone had the air spring apart on an Idylle Air?

No, but it can't be very complex.

Be brave and share your experience with many pictures and a brief guide Salute

Posted: Dec 7, 2013 at 13:40 Quote
8 months for parts I been waiting I wouldn't spit on Bos never again.

Posted: Dec 8, 2013 at 13:02 Quote
prestigemtb wrote:
Why? What happened?

I can't get the chambers balanced. Fork was fine, spent a day at bike park wales, parked the bike up for about 4 weeks and they didn't have the initial stiction free plushness and sag that they normalyy do. I had the same problem when i first got them and eventually sorted it but i really can't get to the bottom of it this time.

I've pulled the left hand leg out but before potentially taking the airspring assembly apart i thought i'd see if anyone had any experience. I may just send it in on warranty but it will have to go to YT and then Bos. If the airspring is as basic as i suspect it is and likely to be a blocked port i'll just sort it myself. I'm assuming theres just a transfer port between the chambers rather than a mechanical valve. If i do pull it apart, i'll get some pics.

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 at 6:49 Quote
JoeManz wrote:
prestigemtb wrote:
Why? What happened?

I can't get the chambers balanced. Fork was fine, spent a day at bike park wales, parked the bike up for about 4 weeks and they didn't have the initial stiction free plushness and sag that they normalyy do. I had the same problem when i first got them and eventually sorted it but i really can't get to the bottom of it this time.

I've pulled the left hand leg out but before potentially taking the airspring assembly apart i thought i'd see if anyone had any experience. I may just send it in on warranty but it will have to go to YT and then Bos. If the airspring is as basic as i suspect it is and likely to be a blocked port i'll just sort it myself. I'm assuming theres just a transfer port between the chambers rather than a mechanical valve. If i do pull it apart, i'll get some pics.
Send them back to YT and ask for any other for except for Bos if I was you waist of time and money I'd rather have solide forks than waist my time with them again,

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 2:15 Quote
I just picked up some used bos idylle RaRe's, when they arrived I noticed there where some small grooves worn into the steerer and a squelching noise from the forks, should I be worried?

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 2:32 Quote
RarE air or the Coil?

Neither sounds too alarming.
The squelching, does it sound more like asthma - because that's entirely normal. The squelch could also just be the oil, as it has a lot in it.

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 2:39 Quote
Air, so its no biggy? Does it go away when riding? I got it for a great price so it wouldnt be the end of the world if it needed a service

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 8:32 Quote
If the steerer isn't rocking in the headset, and turning is smooth, it should be fine. The damping makes a higher pitched hydraulic sound in comparison to others, and has a bit of squelch to it too, its perfectly normal.

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 at 11:24 Quote
Awesome, thanks guys

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 14:06 Quote
TAKE TIME WITH RUNNING IN YOUR IDYLLE RARE AIR

Running a 2013 YT Tues 2.0 Pro with BOS void rear & idylle rare air fork. Have not had them long so more feedback to come but I will say that the fork has taken a fair bit to balance the chambers correctly. First two and half bike park sessions and I was loosing around 50 PSI in positive chamber pressure each time. Was starting to shit myself about having a dud fork but things have begun to stabilize now. Last half day I lost only 4 PSI and the fork is starting to feel super nice. Need to dial back the HSC (had dialed it up as was blowing through my 200mm too quickly) and start playing with the rebound.
Coming off a wicked Keewee Cromo 8 with fox 40s so this bike has a lot to live up too! I have heard from a number of people that the idylle needs a fair bit of time and patience to set-up correctly…. I'm now thinking they were right. Fingers crossed that it turns into a seriously sweet ride.

PS:I got a reply from BOS within 5 days.. and don't speak a word of French Big Grin

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
Bos are shit sell them now before you have problems, I've had my forks in for a bleed for over 6 months they will not release the levels to their own service centre. The service centre has now dropped them due to this and I ended up with a f*cked set of £1900 forks that are now just paper weights. I'm now pursuing Bullshit Bos in the courts save yourself the hassle get rid and stop buying their shit.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 12:35 Quote
Why don't you give a call directly to BOS in France instead of hamering everywhere YOUR problem ? It would actually be faster to deal with them rather than to deal with the UK distributor I believe ... I have called BOS a few times, always could have them on the phone and always got my answer within 2 days.

I've had 2 Stoys, 1 Idylle, 1 N'dee (yours btw), 1 Vipr (prototype version, so veeeery old), they all work perfectly. And if the Kirk actually fitted to my Orange Five, I'd get one. Don't want a Deville since I have a fork that works as well as the Deville ...

A service less than once a year on the forks (most likely I'll do it once every 2 years, and I do it myself, with BOS-like oil), once a year on the shocks (done at Novyparts) and I know they're going to outlast my frames ...

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 12:59 Quote
My RaRe air rapes the face off anything anything out there. I've been blown away again today just how amazing they are.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027018
Mobile Version of Website