Suspension set up.

PB Forum :: Beginners
Suspension set up.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 23:18 Quote
I just bought a 2013 Devinci Wilson XP, it came with a ROCKSHOX BOXXER RC fork. I believe that on one side of the fork just has a coil spring in it. I took it riding and noticed that I was using all of my travel up which I know is't a bad thing, I think you want to be using up all your travel. However, all my travel is being used up and the compression setting is maxed out to the stiffest setting. And I personally don't think I'm hitting really hard stuff. So what I need help with with is, is this normal? Or should I have some room of adjustment, instead of just leaving my compression on it's max setting? Should I take it back to the shop and have them put a heavier spring in it? My concern is if I do put a stiffer spring in that it might be too stiff, and won't be able to soften it, or have any room for adjusting. The shop said that I should be using up all my travel and made it sound like its fine, but like I mentioned above I want to be sure this sounds normal or if I should have them put a stiffer one in. Oh, I weigh 175lbs. I'm kinda new to this so your feedback would be very valuable to me I wanna make sure my new bike gets set up right for me. Thanks!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008152
Mobile Version of Website