Spank subrosa, and other rims

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Spank subrosa, and other rims
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
Have any of you ridden with spank subrosa rims, good? bad?
I cant find and decent in depth reviews on the internet, thats why im asking here.
Thanks

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
i've used some. they dent easier than dt swiss rims...

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:

Is that just surface finish or the rim getting bent? What other rim would you suggest within that price range?

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
adrenalinejunkie11 wrote:
undercoverfreak wrote:

Is that just surface finish or the rim getting bent? What other rim would you suggest within that price range?

the sidewalls get dents. how much are you paying for them?

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
undercoverfreak wrote:

the sidewalls get dents. how much are you paying for them?

£37 , anyone else ridden these?

Ok they get dents in the sidewall, but what about stiffness? strength? Weight?

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
for that money you can get a mavic 729, sun mtx or atomlab dhr. i have at some point had all these rims and i can assure you that all of them are a lot stonger at the same weight.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
Ok, now that we are looking into other rims, what about the Sun ADD, i cant find the rim for sale, so i dont know if thats out of my price range.
And a side note, do you know if the Sun ADD are available in gold as found on Ironhorse Sunday elite? (just wondering, because i was orgionally looking for gold, but function beats looks!)

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/sun_ringle_add/ have a look at the review for the ADD. price in the US is 450 so just convert it give or take. the only other golden rim i can think of is made by halo. again not the best rims ever made.....

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
The ADD is not a rim, is a wheelset built on the mtx rim.The gold version is an oem version that sun made for ironhorse. Get your lbs to contact sun rims or ironhorse and they might be able to pull some strings, since they usally have some left overs. Or you could buy an mtx rim, or any other rim and get it painted gold or do it yourself.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
So its function over looks if i want the best wheel. The ADD are a bit over price range, and they are built. Im looking more into getting a rim and building it up to save money on hubs etc.. Do you know if the ADD come as rims or only the built option, because on the Sun site, the only have them under the wheel section.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
So its function over looks if i want the best wheel. The ADD are a bit over price range, and they are built. Im looking more into getting a rim and building it up to save money on hubs etc.. Do you know if the ADD come as rims or only the built option, because on the Sun site, the only have them under the wheel section.

ADD is a wheelset based on a MTX rim

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
I answered that question in the first sentence of my comment. Did you even read it?

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
ihrm4 wrote:
The ADD is not a rim, is a wheelset built on the mtx rim.The gold version is an oem version that sun made for ironhorse. Get your lbs to contact sun rims or ironhorse and they might be able to pull some strings, since they usally have some left overs. Or you could buy an mtx rim, or any other rim and get it painted gold or do it yourself.

Sorry we posted at the same time, so i didn't read your reply, thanks anyway

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
What is the difference between the Mavic 729, and the 721?

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 13:25 Quote
The 721 is lighter, v-brake compatible, and cheaper. The 729 is stronger, but more expensive, heavier and disk only. Personally, i would take a Mavic rim over a Sun rim any day.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.017497
Mobile Version of Website