Forbidden Plateau

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Forbidden Plateau
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 12:42 Quote
Well nothing much has happened in this thread. But here's an edit I made from riding there a few days back!
Views: 491    Faves: 4    Comments: 5

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 8:11 Quote
managed to find our way up and down punisher on the weekend .
Views: 423    Faves: 2    Comments: 3

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
Anyone if theres snow?

Posted: Jun 25, 2016 at 21:43 Quote
Planning on heading there for the first time tommorow,

Any trails in specific that you guys recommend?

I've heard about old boot, would like to check it out, but I don't see it on the map anywhere?

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 0:32 Quote
Cabin fever and slither aren't bad

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 13:16 Quote
faithful wrote:
Planning on heading there for the first time tommorow,

Any trails in specific that you guys recommend?

I've heard about old boot, would like to check it out, but I don't see it on the map anywhere?

Old Boot is sort of a "secret/hidden trail". It started as that atleast, but it isn't on maps yeah. It's just at the edge of the woods before the clearcut starts, just a few corners up. It's mostly just a jump trail now, a wicked one.

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 21:45 Quote
Looked for Punisher, but didn't find it until the end of the day. It's been recently cleared, also found old boot, a little difficult to find. It has all the wood ladders and switchbacks, correct?

Ended up Riding Cabin Fever/transmission/sapporo steeps/e.t.c., Definitely enjoyed the stunts on cabin fever. I wonder if there are any similiar trails up there?

All in all it was a good day, plan on going back in the future. A really good bang for buck shuttle experience.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 8:42 Quote
faithful wrote:
Looked for Punisher, but didn't find it until the end of the day. It's been recently cleared, also found old boot, a little difficult to find. It has all the wood ladders and switchbacks, correct?

Ended up Riding Cabin Fever/transmission/sapporo steeps/e.t.c., Definitely enjoyed the stunts on cabin fever. I wonder if there are any similiar trails up there?

All in all it was a good day, plan on going back in the future. A really good bang for buck shuttle experience.

That's not Old Boot nope. Was that in the clearcut area? That sounds like it might've been Lower Punisher. Could be wrong though, hard to remember since I've only ridden it once and it was covered in snow and ice.

Cabin Fever is a good one, you missed Gecko in that case which is fun too. It's left instead of the right to Cabin Fever.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 10:22 Quote
faithful wrote:

Might as well check out jake the snake...

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 9:56 Quote
Black Dog is a great one. Not sure why so few people ride FB, I love it.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
Legbacon wrote:
Black Dog is a great one. Not sure why so few people ride FB, I love it.

I have honestly never heard of that trail haha

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 19:29 Quote
Is there still logging going on at the top of forbidden? Snow?

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
Let's breathe some life back into this forum! Share on social media and get the word out!

I've been riding forbidden a few times a week since the snow has cleared and have realized the potential for new trails but also the dire need for maintenance. Seeing the skeletons of old structures and features that are now moss covered hazards pushed off to the side shows the interest and potential that the area once had. Nothing takes the flow out of a run like having to walk on a feature to make sure it can support the weight of a rider before riding it. 2 Sheiks has most of the ramps pushed off the trails as they were deemed hazardous, but why not fix them instead of removing them? The ramps on punisher are rotting away and the jump section is washed out. There has been some new work on the lower section of black diamond and its running great! I would love to see the same attention going into the rest of the trails to take advantage of the terrain that we have shuttle access to.

I'm proposing getting a group together for the development of this area. Let's get into the existing trails and clean them up, smooth them out, help with drainage points and puddling, build some flow and pop. Let's also look into building new trails with technical or jumpy options making it a well rounded place to ride for everyone. The lower half of the mountain is pretty busy with trails but the top fall line still has lots of room to grow.

Having ridden bikes throughout BC, I've come to realize the difference a well groomed trail makes from a trail with a few fun sections. I've also seen what can be accomplished with a strong bike community willing to put in some work. With a solid crew of people chasing the same goal, forbidden plateau will get cleaned up quickly and become that much better of a place to ride. If you're interested in doing a ride-build-ride after work during the week or spending a few hours on the weekends cleaning up the trails and adding some flow, leave a comment in this forum. If there is enough community support, I can create a facebook group or event through CVMTB to keep everyone informed on build times.

Many hands make light work. So share the post, tell a friend, spread the word, and let's make forbidden a better place to ride for everyone.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023144
Mobile Version of Website