Dirt jumping oxfordshire...

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt jumping oxfordshire...
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 20, 2013 at 10:44 Quote
Hi all,

Can anyone advise on any dirt jumping spots in Oxfordshire/gloucestershire area?

Thanks a lot,

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 6:27 Quote
I know this thread is really old, but have you found anything major. If not, check out extremesportsmaps.com and look for uk. There seems to be quite a bit going on for DJ. I want to go and check out some of the stuff. BTW if you see the one at nettlebed, don't go because the land owner destroyed it.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 7:04 Quote
Where abouts in oxfordshire are you based? I'd be interested in finding/building a whole new area up.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 9:47 Quote
Yeah it would be cool but there is a lot of legal stuff unless it is on your own land because it would suck to build something up and then have it destroyed like at nettlebed which was a cool place. I've read up about the laws and how to get permission and stuff, it doesn't look that hard you just need a cooperative land owner but i'm not currently that interested in getting that involved as i'm still relatively young and I don't really know anybody who rides around me apart from a mate who lives ages away. Have you made any progress or is there somewhere you have in mind?

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 0:48 Quote
I'm in Wantage, and we built some small trails for our BMX's when we were alot younger, in a woods near the football club. The caretaker of the club was the uncle of one of my mates so we managed that fine.

They've since moved but the jumps are still there, have been for about 6/7 years. Every time I've seen them, there have been more added on. Could be a good place to start!

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 Quote
I'm closer to Wallingford and is far away and I can't quite drive yet so it probably wouldn't work for me, I will keep a lookout for places I could potentially build trails around me and I will post a thread if there is something I want to start. Build those trails though and if I were you I would put a thread up and see if there are people around you to build. Good luck!

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 6:41 Quote
the wantage jumps are a mess now need some good work doing to them but after that they should be fine, the site looks like its been used for campouts and partys there is just crap everywhere would like to have them looking good again though as it has a lot of potential

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 1:12 Quote
Yeah they've always been used for shit. I wouldn't mind sorting them out!

Posted: Sep 7, 2015 at 1:56 Quote
Did the wantage ones ever get tidied up? Where are they? I wouldn't mind helping get them sorted.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
I checked the Wantage jumps last month and the actual jumps are incredibly made because they're still in great condition, however they are unrideable due to the amount of nettles and overgrown stuff. Although this could be cleaned up relatively quickly(no more than a week or two of work) once all the brush is cleared they would be fine to ride.

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 11:55 Quote
DanBeWhipping wrote:
I checked the Wantage jumps last month and the actual jumps are incredibly made because they're still in great condition, however they are unrideable due to the amount of nettles and overgrown stuff. Although this could be cleaned up relatively quickly(no more than a week or two of work) once all the brush is cleared they would be fine to ride.

Cool where are these jumps exactly, would be curious to see if theyre close enough to me.

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 3:07 Quote
photo

I've circled where they are, and drawn the path we used to take to get there.

You may have a lot of work cut out for you mind, I haven't been back to tend them for at least 10 years. Lets hope the kids that carried them on kept them decent.

There's a few videos on youtube uploaded by youngsters there. Can't believe how small they look now.

Oscarider wrote:
DanBeWhipping wrote:

Cool where are these jumps exactly, would be curious to see if theyre close enough to me.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
I’m up for helping to sort these out / rebuild them if anyone is interested

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 15:02 Quote
Hey guys, just moved to wantage, just built my dirt bike. I'll be clearing these jumps out pronto, plan to be there with garden tools all day Sunday, pm me to confirm if you want to join, I'll update this with photos as I get to work

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024958
Mobile Version of Website