3 weeks diet and training feeling drained a lot ?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
3 weeks diet and training feeling drained a lot ?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2013 at 6:54 Quote
Ps Evan thow I get more iron in my diet now I was still getting RLS very bad . I now drink one half class of orange juice before bed and that has pretty much stoped it . I still now and again get light twitching but this does not stop me from getting back to sleep so I'm very pleased with that . One think I will say is to anyone is beware iron tablets can make your stools very dark and can end in constipation hence I don't take them anymore and added more foods with iron to my diet . Thanks

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 5:34 Quote
I know I am resurrecting an old thread here, but I figured I'd ask how things are going?

I too have recently been on a get fit and lose weight work out. I was not big weighing 158LB and being 5'5" but when I was in my prime I was 142LB! So I got fed up of being a slouch and got out on the bike and started eating better!

I read that you were on very low calories, what I went for was to find out what my maintenance calorie intake should be and then take 500 off (2100-500=~1600 calories), this should without exercise have lost me about a LB per week. Thing is when you factor in exercise on top of this you really start dropping the weight. What I would do was to go out and have a hard MTB session for an hour, that should have burn't about 550 Cal, perhaps more with it being a real high intensity ride! I'd then eat about 50% of the calories burn't on top of the 1600 for normal weight loss.

I lost weight REALLY quick, I am now back down to ~144LB and I am maintaining that reasonably easily. I have been taking a break from the High intensity XC riding atm to have fun doing DH, probably not so great for my fitness but it is fun!!!!

Hope things are going well Super!

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 6:05 Quote
ThEGr33k wrote:
I know I am resurrecting an old thread here, but I figured I'd ask how things are going?

I too have recently been on a get fit and lose weight work out. I was not big weighing 158LB and being 5'5" but when I was in my prime I was 142LB! So I got fed up of being a slouch and got out on the bike and started eating better!

I read that you were on very low calories, what I went for was to find out what my maintenance calorie intake should be and then take 500 off (2100-500=~1600 calories), this should without exercise have lost me about a LB per week. Thing is when you factor in exercise on top of this you really start dropping the weight. What I would do was to go out and have a hard MTB session for an hour, that should have burn't about 550 Cal, perhaps more with it being a real high intensity ride! I'd then eat about 50% of the calories burn't on top of the 1600 for normal weight loss.

I lost weight REALLY quick, I am now back down to ~144LB and I am maintaining that reasonably easily. I have been taking a break from the High intensity XC riding atm to have fun doing DH, probably not so great for my fitness but it is fun!!!!

hi things are going really well thanks . I'm still working hard at it and by the sounds of it so have you so congrats . I'm now down to almost 12 half stone so I'm well on target for 12 stone and hopeing to go a little lower than that . I'm now into my 4 month so its took a little longer than planned due to straining mussels in my back and now my calve . My intake is lower than what I need but I eat heathy good foods now and never been a big eater anyway . I've also started using weights to improve my upper body and mussels in my shoulder after Opps . Not going crazy with weights as I don't want to build big mussels as mussels weigh more than fat . Feeling great really really enjoying my bikeing again I rode 55 miles in 3 half hours on a canal and I could not have done that before the weight lose . Happy trails :-)

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 6:29 Quote
superbikes wrote:
ThEGr33k wrote:

hi things are going really well thanks . I'm still working hard at it and by the sounds of it so have you so congrats . I'm now down to almost 12 half stone so I'm well on target for 12 stone and hopeing to go a little lower than that . I'm now into my 4 month so its took a little longer than planned due to straining mussels in my back and now my calve . My intake is lower than what I need but I eat heathy good foods now and never been a big eater anyway . I've also started using weights to improve my upper body and mussels in my shoulder after Opps . Not going crazy with weights as I don't want to build big mussels as mussels weigh more than fat . Feeling great really really enjoying my bikeing again I rode 55 miles in 3 half hours on a canal and I could not have done that before the weight lose . Happy trails :-)

Awesome!!! Glad to hear man, feels good getting back in shape!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012703
Mobile Version of Website