Kkklslslsl

• Previous Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2013 at 13:30 Quote
I've recently moved to Nottingham and was wondering if anyone was aware of any Dh trails knocking about or if anyone arranges any trips anywhere for an uplift. I would much love some advice on the matter as I've realised it seems like the flattest place in the country and I'm getting a tad twitchy!

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 2:44 Quote
Might be better off posting in the UK forums below this one.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 13:23 Quote
You've moved to the wrong place! Haha, there's not really many hills to go down. Few spots in the Peak District may be worth the trip, Sherwood Pines has 'downhill' tracks but they're more just flowy, non-techinical tracks on a slight hill. There's Hemlock Stone for bigger jumps and stuff, otherwise that's about it. May be worth trying to build somewhere; where abouts in Notts are you?

One more thing, your best bet for a LBS is Freewheel in Hockley, about 5 minutes walk from the square. Best shop in Nottingham, decent staff, products and prices.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 15:55 Quote
im down for building one with you guys bestwood lodge has a few dh sections but there short il be up for showing you some of them Smile just hit me up

Posted: Jun 24, 2013 at 3:25 Quote
im riding a single speed jump bike not sure what your riding tbh but i seem to be ok on it just let me know where n when you wanna build Smile

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 5:17 Quote
I ride Bestwood frequently. On BMX at the minute but me and a few other lads are planning a DH build through the winter! All goes to plan should be finished early next year.

Was speaking to a walker over the weekend, he was telling us that the land owners are getting pretty pissed at all the kiddies leaving their rubbish around! Might cause some issues?

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
Hoffman91 wrote:
I ride Bestwood frequently. On BMX at the minute but me and a few other lads are planning a DH build through the winter! All goes to plan should be finished early next year.

Was speaking to a walker over the weekend, he was telling us that the land owners are getting pretty pissed at all the kiddies leaving their rubbish around! Might cause some issues?

where abouts? the jumps? only been there once and was full of shit like crisps and bottles

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 4:08 Quote
We literally ride every where around Bestwood and we get the same as you! The place is a f*cking dive!

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 10:42 Quote
Ive just come from barnsley to nottingham and its wack ! sherwood pines dh is boring and the red route should be re labled as blue lol anyone got a good trial any where or need a hand building one ? got a downhill bike thats gagging some proper action.

Posted: Sep 24, 2013 at 4:17 Quote
mtbmad89, the only place I can suggest is bestwood lodge! I'm not even a DH rider, I'm on bmx. I do know there's some insane trails up there that look unridable even on a DH/FR!

Posted: Sep 25, 2013 at 0:32 Quote
Any news on trails yet boys? Mtbmad89 did you ride steetley much? That was my local hill.....do any of you boys drive?

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 18:33 Quote
Stubobagins wrote:
Any news on trails yet boys? Mtbmad89 did you ride steetley much? That was my local hill.....do any of you boys drive?

i dont drive but i can vouch for some sick trails up in bestwood lodge ive got a new bike ready for some action im thinking of taking a trip up there soonish so we could all meet up and ride to the jumps and bumps

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 5:33 Quote
we've not started building yet! waiting for the weather to get a bit worse, easier to dig and less people to ride! and I still don't have an appropriate bike XD

Posted: Sep 30, 2013 at 0:21 Quote
Good stuff boys. If the weathers good this weekend do you fancy heading up?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016420
Mobile Version of Website