Broken radius and ulna?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Broken radius and ulna?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2013 at 4:13 Quote
I have broke my radius and ulna and now have 2 metal plates in my arm! Anyone else done the same and still riding like normal?

Posted: Jun 10, 2013 at 4:24 Quote
Does anyone still get pain?

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 21:26 Quote
I broke my left radius and ulna once before in June of 2010. I had two plates and seven screws. Then in January of 2011 I broke my radius right next to the plate. Had surgery and a new plate with a total of 11 screws now. Take your time!!! I rushed and didn't regain my strength and it resulted in 10 months of not riding after the second break. Now though, I wear a TLD wrist guard on the arm and I feel perfectly fine. But if I have a unexpected impact then I feel some pain but that's why I wear the guard for dh. XC I don't though because the rides aren't as hardcore I guess. Overall though, just take your time and it will help in the long run. Good luck Smile

Posted: Jun 30, 2013 at 21:27 Quote
Oh ya, and I've only gotten better since my injury. It gives some motivation haha

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 at 14:45 Quote
Nice one mate! Iv been off work now 14 weeks and had to have another operation last week because one of the plates snapped! Going to make sure I just rest now tho! How long You reckon till riding again 3 or 4 months?

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 at 23:15 Quote
Till you feel strong enough to ride and the doctor says your fully healed, just ease into riding of course too. Good luck!!!

Posted: Jul 8, 2013 at 1:32 Quote
Cheers! Going to be a long wait!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009627
Mobile Version of Website