Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
jaketurbo wrote:
Hi,

2x shapeshifters have failed for me now. This includes the new and improved version.

I've spent £4300 on a bike for a very specific purpose (the shapeshifter and the ability to switch to 130mm travel + headangle + higher BB) and the bike isn't fit for that purpose (its main selling point).

The bike was meant to last me for several years and the part in question hasn't lasted several months and it doesn't look like a reliable solution will be available.

Canyon have tried to fix the problem but the supposed solution didn't address the problem - it just happened again very quickly after 3 rides. Also the amount of time to address the problem is unreasonable - I waited 4 weeks the first time, now it is going to be 6 weeks.

I've asked for a refund of the bike, which I've been told isn't possible (I've had the bike since July but only ridden it a few times due to a hand injury). Regardless of the 30 day replacement that Canyon offer, from what I've read, the sale of goods act allows for repair or if repair not possible (which this looks like), then refund and this can potentially be any time that is reasonable, not just a manufacturers stated repair or replacement time.

Fundamentally, the part isn't fit for purpose and regardless of some working and some not, it is long term problem that will affect the current generation Strive.

If I knew this before buying, I wouldn't have bought it. I would suggest others think twice before they buy this bike.

Cheers.

I couldn't have put it any better mate. I've had mine since January. Gone through 6 shapeshifters now. It's bad enough that they keep going wrong but when the customer service is as terrible as it is it makes the whole thing worse.

I've sent several emails to canyon uk and had no reply even though I've been told I'm getting a new frame under warranty. That was two months ago at least now.

Not good at all. I hope they get their act together soon.

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 0:08 Quote
Yes, really good point and well made. I guess the thing to consider as part of that would be that if it was not a direct sale model it might be more like £6k+. I guess its all relative but IMHO these are the choices available to us. If we want it significantly cheaper then there are manufacturing and delivery approaches that need to happen - that's how a market works to keep costs down. Its a real challenge to both.

jaketurbo wrote:
AdamBartonUK wrote:
To be honest, I have not had any issues with Canyon service. Even when my Strive CF was so delayed they kept me up to date. No company is perfect and to be honest you take that chance with the significantly lower price IMHO.

When I pay £4.5k for a bike, I expect service to be excellent.

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 1:22 Quote
What is going wrong with them ?

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 3:36 Quote
Hi there Canyon owners Smile

I'm buying a new enduro bike for 2500-2800€, as you know, there is a lot to choose from.
Currently I hace Cannondale Prophet 2007 AM, and Focus Black Forest 3.0 2012 XC

So far, I kinda fell in love with the Strive 6.0 AL 2016 model, but reading theese reviews I'm getting doubts..

I'm from Slovenia, so in Canyon's case, it would have to be imported, how is with warranty, the SS seems to be quite a problem, is that on 2015 or on 2016 models? Becouse I don't want to spend such money on a bike that I'd have to keep sending back.

On the other side, the bike, when bought will be used for whole day trips on trails, DH bikeparks, lokal trails, enduro races ect, so it should be an all-rounder. And I do like to climb them hills, so it has to be able to climb well.

The canyon staff recomended me the Strive 6.0 al (not race) model.

Few days back, I tryed the Reign 1 2015, and I got the feeling that it feels at home at speeds, that I start to doubt myself, going downhill.

I'm also choosing between Cube Stereo 160 HPA (local shop), Giant Reign 2 or 1,5 2016 (local shop), Capra AL 2016 (not so much -cuzz it's a DH monster).

I am thankfull for any advice Smile

Any more info needed?

Thank you for any help.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 4:13 Quote
If anyone's currently waiting on a bike from Canyon... expect delivery at the end of February.

I've just had an email confirmation come through for an order that i've had with them since the start of September.
Not sure i'll wait until end of Feb...need to have a think about it.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 5:08 Quote
Pab80 wrote:
If anyone's currently waiting on a bike from Canyon... expect delivery at the end of February.

I've just had an email confirmation come through for an order that i've had with them since the start of September.
what was the original delivery date?

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 5:11 Quote
mid october...

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 6:28 Quote
What bike?

Pab80 wrote:

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 7:47 Quote
Spectral CF.
I'm sure I saw on another forum that someone else was told the same. All down the their new factory move supposedly.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 7:58 Quote
Could be......looking on the site they are not even showing it at the moment.......

Pab80 wrote:
Spectral CF.
I'm sure I saw on another forum that someone else was told the same. All down the their new factory move supposedly.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 8:44 Quote
Contacted Canyon to cancel my order and they say that the email that was sent out to their customers this morning had errors in it. Supposedly my bike is complete and waiting to be shipped any day. Problem is...I was told this three weeks ago too.

Fingers crossed that it does actually ship soon.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
I've ordered the Al 6.0 race mid October and customer service been very poor from canyon up to now. If the wait is mid Feb I'm definately cancelling my order and will be bitterly disappointed!

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 12:04 Quote
Pab80 wrote:

Same thing has happened to me.

Ordered a Spectral in August, delivery was end September. In September I received a delay notification - delayed until end October. Received new order confirmation today saying delivery is January. Contacted Canyon who say it's a mistake and that my bike should be ready for dispatch within a week or so.

The wait is irritating, but its not knowing what on earth's going on that makes it harder. You don't know what to plan for.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 12:38 Quote
RIGHT FINALLY...

The replacement shapeshifter I was sent is a 2015 model, not the revised model. The way to tell is the model number on the shapeshifter.

The 2015 (old) version is E124-15. The 2016 version is E124-16.

Anyone with a E124-15 stands a good chance of it failing... even if it hasn't so far. The seal in it is too weak. The 2016 model has a stronger/thicker seal.

Here's a picture of the different versions:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/attachments/imageuploadedbytapatalk1438630548-459407-jpg.409593/
Not my picture by the way, off a german site.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012433
Mobile Version of Website