Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
BiggerDog wrote:
partycan wrote:
BiggerDog wrote:

partycan, which bike are you waiting for? I mean what year- 2105 or 2016?

Spectral AL 6.0 2016

so, the same model as mine. is it raw or beer-bottle-green?

please, keep us updated

I ordered the Spectral AL 8.0 back in early September. Got a fourth (and I hope last) confirmation email from them last friday. It states that bike will be shipped next week. According to the people at Canyon the confirmation emails that are being sent since last week contian the accurate and definitive shipping dates. They don't expect any futher delays, so they say. I'm hoping for the best.

Biggerdog, Partycan: what is the latest shipping date you've got from Canyon?

Anyone out there other than Biggerdog, Partycan and myself who is also waiting for a Spectral?

Let's keep monitoring this process.

Best

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:35 Quote
Mexica wrote:
BiggerDog wrote:
partycan wrote:

Spectral AL 6.0 2016

please, keep us updated

I ordered the Spectral AL 8.0 back in early September. Got a fourth (and I hope last) confirmation email from them last friday. It states that bike will be shipped next week. According to the people at Canyon the confirmation emails that are being sent since last week contian the accurate and definitive shipping dates. They don't expect any futher delays, so they say. I'm hoping for the best.

Anyone out there other than Biggerdog, Partycan and myself who is also waiting for a Spectral?

Best

To answer BiggerDog it's the Beer-bottle-green i've gone for.

Latest shipping date i've had via the online chat is 'despatched in the next few days' the official email i've got is Jan 25th

So your guess is as good as mine at this point Smile

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 12:59 Quote
my new date is January 25th. My preliminary anger passed away, and I guess I am fine with it now. Really, there is no adequate substitute for spectral in this price range, so I just have to cool down and wait.

if it arrive sooner I'll be happy, if not, I just hope it will not be delayed again.

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
To Mexica: looking at Canyon website, 8.0 is available next week, so I am sure that they will send it to you as promised. good luck!

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 23:26 Quote
partycan wrote:
Mexica wrote:
BiggerDog wrote:

please, keep us updated

Best

To answer BiggerDog it's the Beer-bottle-green i've gone for.

Latest shipping date i've had via the online chat is 'despatched in the next few days' the official email i've got is Jan 25th

So your guess is as good as mine at this point Smile

I ordered Spctral Al 7.0 ex last Oct. 21, 2015

This is the last email i got from them:

"I have just checked the status of your order and can tell you, that your bike is on the way to the shipping department at the moment.
I suppose that you will receive your tracking number until the beginning of December. At the moment there is an accumulation there, so that it takes more time than usually."

Other than that no other infos.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 0:07 Quote
January 25th seems to be a common date emailed out to people. Fingers crossed they've just picked a date a few months away to tell people officially, they'll get the bikes out sooner than expected so they'll exceed customer's expectations and leave us thinking our bikes actually turned up early in the end......

On another note; does anyone have a Shapeshifter that has survived more than 3 rides?!

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 0:09 Quote
"Your bike is currently at the end of its production cycle meaning that it will be passed to our dispatch department soon. From there, the bike will be added to our despatch list and consequently shipped as soon as possible. "

this is what I've received on November 5th. now they are saying that it will be shipped at the end of January. I hipe that your bike will come soon, but don't hold to that info too strong

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 0:36 Quote
kyleseo wrote:
January 25th seems to be a common date emailed out to people. Fingers crossed they've just picked a date a few months away to tell people officially, they'll get the bikes out sooner than expected so they'll exceed customer's expectations and leave us thinking our bikes actually turned up early in the end......

On another note; does anyone have a Shapeshifter that has survived more than 3 rides?!

Got my Strive 5 months ago. So far the Shapeshifter is working fine (knock on wood).

Avner.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 1:13 Quote
I just this morning put in an order for a Strive. Website says availability is the week 11-16 January. I'll try and keep this updated with any info they send me.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 4:20 Quote
kyleseo wrote:

Yes, mine gave up after seven rides... Confused

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 6:02 Quote
kyleseo wrote:
wymkeu wrote:
I hate to say it, but I cancelled my Canyon over the week-end. I placed an order for a YT Capra last night, got confirmationof the order last night, then another one this morning that the order was in progress and the bike woudl be with me asap. By 2:30pm today had a DHL tacking number on my account and I shoudl have it within 5-7 working days I believe.

lets hope I don't get left regtretting my decision to switch sides to YT..

The way it should be.

I still haven't had an actual email to confirm expected delivery. Only info I've had is from chat functions.

You won't I did exactly the same and my Capra is unbelievable and with no dodgy shapeshifter !!!

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 7:31 Quote
Ordered Strive AL 6.0 beginning of November

Found out today after finally getting my confirmation the expected delivery day is mid march.

That was a short lived affair with Canyon....Order Cancelled.

Back in the market.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 7:41 Quote
My shapeshifter has lasted a very well for around 5 months, just a shame about the customer service that comes as part of the canyon package

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
You won't I did exactly the same and my Capra is unbelievable and with no dodgy shapeshifter !!!

Not questioning the Capra but the SS makes the Strive a more versatile bike (if it works Smile ) Luckily it's still rideable with faulty SS in DH mode just like any other enduro bike without adjustable geometry. Hopefully Canyon will fix the reliability with the 2016 units it shouldn't be rocket science... Smile

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:52 Quote
Had another update today official dispatch date is now week beginning Jan 11th.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013939
Mobile Version of Website