PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 9:46 Quote
bikrboy38 wrote:
Smak69 wrote:
oysterkite wrote:
Ouch, that's not good! Is it a 2015 Ss?

Yep 2015

For a second you had me excited that they had shipped 2016 bikes! Guess we continue to be dragged along...

Haha! I've only just received my 2015 Strive from August! Broke first ride.... Nice lol!

To be honest though, SS issues aside, the bike is awesome, loving the Race geometry Wink

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 12:28 Quote
I think I do have a 2016 strive. I received mine on the 16th of December.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
Finally had an email from canyon to say my warranty replacement strive frame is on the way. Gone through 6 shapeshifters and 7 months ago they agreed to give me a new frame. It has now taken exactly 1YEAR to get to this point. How is it a company can treat customers like this and it isn't being publicised in all the magazines etc.
I really hope they sort themselves out so we can all get back to enjoying what we all love doing.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 13:54 Quote
Moan moan f*cking moan, if you can't set your strive up then please sell it and f*ck off with your moaning.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 16:11 Quote
drew1982 wrote:
Moan moan f*cking moan, if you can't set your strive up then please sell it and f*ck off with your moaning.

Yes cause a malfunctioning part with a design flaw is down to poor set up..

Your gimp game is strong.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 16:59 Quote
drew1982 wrote:

Do you think Canyon would be in such a panick about the SS if it was down to set up error? Your lucky pie eater, you havent got a dodgy unit.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 23:58 Quote
If they don't have the part to send out then they don't have the part to send out simple. Moaning like a bunch of bitches isn't going to get it any faster. You can still ride the bike until you get your new parts, it's not ideal but what else do you want them to do?

A design flaw , why don't you design a better unit then make it and fit it?

I'm sorry but I just don't see how the constant moaning at them is helping in any way. I'm sure they are working flat out to sort it out.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 0:08 Quote
drew1982 wrote:
If they don't have the part to send out then they don't have the part to send out simple. Moaning like a bunch of bitches isn't going to get it any faster. You can still ride the bike until you get your new parts, it's not ideal but what else do you want them to do?

I'm sorry but I just don't see how the constant moaning at them is helping in any way. I'm sure they are working flat out to sort it out.

You must get walked on in all aspects of your life, good luck living in your own idiocy.
Your input in this thread is no longer required.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 0:09 Quote
O well never mind

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 4:17 Quote
Has anyone put an oval chainring on the strive? Looking at the spacing, and I'm not sure if it'll fit.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 7:52 Quote
jamielam wrote:
Has anyone put an oval chainring on the strive? Looking at the spacing, and I'm not sure if it'll fit.

I've got one fitted in place of the Race Face chainring from Absolute Black (34T), see my photos.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 9:16 Quote
am i the only strive owner with no problems? awesome bit of kit.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 10:35 Quote
jedspur wrote:
am i the only strive owner with no problems? awesome bit of kit.

Ive had my issues but now I've got no problems! Shapeshifter is still going strong since September and plenty of rides

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 10:36 Quote
drew1982 wrote:

Are you seriously this dumb? Do you understand consumer rights?

Canyon have sold and continue to sell bikes that on the whole, don't perform as advertised. They won't adhere to basic consumer rights and some, myself included, have had to ensure nearly 9 months with a bike that doesn't do the one single thing that is the selling point and differentiation from the competition.

Canyon can't fix it, won't make any other arrangements (I.e replace or refund the bike), which is against UK consumer law.

I've spent, and others have as well, 4.5 thousand pounds on a bike that doesn't work as it should. Had they sold it as a feature that may not work, I, and others, wouldn't have bought the bike.

If you are too simple to understand that, then it's a shame. One thing adults and most children learn is empathy. Obviously too complex a concept for you.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 10:42 Quote
jaketurbo wrote:
drew1982 wrote:

Are you seriously this dumb? Do you understand consumer rights?

Canyon have sold and continue to sell bikes that on the whole, don't perform as advertised. They won't adhere to basic consumer rights and some, myself included, have had to ensure nearly 9 months with a bike that doesn't do the one single thing that is the selling point and differentiation from the competition.

Canyon can't fix it, won't make any other arrangements (I.e replace or refund the bike), which is against UK consumer law.

I've spent, and others have as well, 4.5 thousand pounds on a bike that doesn't work as it should. Had they sold it as a feature that may not work, I, and others, wouldn't have bought the bike.

If you are too simple to understand that, then it's a shame. One thing adults and most children learn is empathy. Obviously too complex a concept for you.

Im sure there are many shapeshifters, mine included, out there that work absolutely fine, so really you can't say the bike doesn't perform as advertised. Also if you've had to wait 9 months for a replacement shapeshifter, theres something wrong there! Back in September, so 4 months ago, I had a new shapeshifter in my hands only a few days after making contact with canyon saying it had failed

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015182
Mobile Version of Website