Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 17:10 Quote
Looks like we were pretty close in guessing that the proto strive used a magic link style shock mount. I want one, sounds like it could be a winner if the reliability is good

Posted: Jun 14, 2014 at 10:46 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Looks like we were pretty close in guessing that the proto strive used a magic link style shock mount. I want one, sounds like it could be a winner if the reliability is good

Yea, it looks awsome!

Is someone here interested in a 2013 Strive 9.0AL race framkit? Selling mine!

Posted: Jun 15, 2014 at 23:17 Quote
Yup - ordered one. Quoting September delivery though :-(

JonGales wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Yea, it looks awsome!

Is someone here interested in a 2013 Strive 9.0AL race framkit? Selling mine!

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
hi .tredhub.co.uk cant find the web ?

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 17:15 Quote
Hi Ramiro1

The website wasn't getting the support I needed to keep it going specifically for Canyon Owners so I unfortunately closed it down. However I started trailuk.com which covers UK MTB and beyond which is receiving a healthy audience. There will be plenty on there re Canyon as I am biassed for obvious reasons. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers
Matt
ramiro1 wrote:
hi .tredhub.co.uk cant find the web ?

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 6:30 Quote
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the 2014 Rock Shox Monarch compare to the 2013 Fox Float CTD on the Strive AL?

I have a 2013 Strive 9.0 SL and as seems to be experienced by many other riders am blowing thru the travel.

I had a ride on a mates Mojo HD with Cane Creek DB Air and Pikes and was pretty impressed by the forks and overall suspension, so think I'm sold on the Pikes now.

I haven't tried a volume spacer in the rear shock but was wondering if it would be better it to replace it instead. If the 2014 Strive frames are the same a Monarch or Fox Float X should fit but not sure about a Cane Creek. Has anyone done this or might know?

Thanks!
Paul

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
p4ul wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the 2014 Rock Shox Monarch compare to the 2013 Fox Float CTD on the Strive AL?

I have a 2013 Strive 9.0 SL and as seems to be experienced by many other riders am blowing thru the travel.

I had a ride on a mates Mojo HD with Cane Creek DB Air and Pikes and was pretty impressed by the forks and overall suspension, so think I'm sold on the Pikes now.

I haven't tried a volume spacer in the rear shock but was wondering if it would be better it to replace it instead. If the 2014 Strive frames are the same a Monarch or Fox Float X should fit but not sure about a Cane Creek. Has anyone done this or might know?

Thanks!
Paul

I installed the Float X on my 2013 Strive 9.0 AL, and also put in a volume spacer. No more blowing through the travel. It made a huge difference even though I am now selling the bike.

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 14:08 Quote
Hello fellow (or soon to be fellow) Canyon owners.

Phoned Canyon UK today to be told that my Spectral AL 6.0 should be getting shipped in the next couple of days, which leaves me with a (small) conundrum. Do I attempt to persevere with the Fox 32 float evo forks that they come with or grab myself some 150mm pikes and replace them before it's hit the trails?

I'm not /so/ fussed about resale value on the fox forks as it would seem everyone and their mum is selling them so the price is pretty low anyway, but thankfully because of the spectral's price it came in nicely under budget so I have the spare for the pikes.

However I've only been riding just over a year (but pretty religiously, my HT is a well abused ride and I'm planning more trips to wales and abroad) so I'm curious as to whether a newbie like me would really feel the difference, or if it's something I'll learn to live with..

Any thoughts?

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 22:02 Quote
I wondered the same before I got my Spec AL8.0 but stuck with the 32s. I've been riding DH trails on my spectral and no problems - but even when comparing them with my 36s on my other bike I haven't noticed a massive amount of difference - get the pikes if you want but I've found the 32s do more than enough for me. I may change for some Pikes in the future (next year) but at the moment the Spectral is more nimble and faster - it just puts a bike smile on my face everytime I ride it. Pikes are a want rather than need in my eyes

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 22:48 Quote
bushwacked wrote:
I wondered the same before I got my Spec AL8.0 but stuck with the 32s. I've been riding DH trails on my spectral and no problems - but even when comparing them with my 36s on my other bike I haven't noticed a massive amount of difference - get the pikes if you want but I've found the 32s do more than enough for me. I may change for some Pikes in the future (next year) but at the moment the Spectral is more nimble and faster - it just puts a bike smile on my face everytime I ride it. Pikes are a want rather than need in my eyes

I swapped the 32s out on my Spectral AL9.0 for a set of 34 Floats with the travel reduced to 150mm as soon as I got it. The 32s were used on my AM Hard tail that I built up. I must say that when I am hitting things hard they do flex a little but it depends if that bothers you or not. I would just ride it and see how you feel before swapping.

Not sure why everyone raves about the Pikes though, my Floats are lovely once tuned correctly Smile . But then my riding buddies think I am mad in saying that!

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 0:13 Quote
Thanks for the replies guys, might hold off for a bit then! How much did it cost to get yours tuned Adam?

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 1:33 Quote
Qui3tman wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys, might hold off for a bit then! How much did it cost to get yours tuned Adam?

Simply put, nothing! When I say tuning what I meant really that once I got things set up correctly myself

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 4:05 Quote
Hey guys,

Maintenance related question here, does anyone know any on-line resources for stripping down the pivots on my Torque EX so I can re grease them?

Getting annoying clicking/creaking when standing and putting power down going uphills, bike is about 10 months old and has only done about 200 miles so I wouldn't have thought it would be seized as I have always kept it clean and indoors.

Thanks for reading.

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 5:20 Quote
Hiroschima wrote:
Hey guys,

Maintenance related question here, does anyone know any on-line resources for stripping down the pivots on my Torque EX so I can re grease them?

Getting annoying clicking/creaking when standing and putting power down going uphills, bike is about 10 months old and has only done about 200 miles so I wouldn't have thought it would be seized as I have always kept it clean and indoors.

Thanks for reading.

I have found emailing the Canyon Support in the UK and have had a very good response. Have had engineering diagrams sent which have been useful for frame rebuilds. It should still be in warranty as well so they may also be able to help

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 4:52 Quote
p4ul wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Paul

Hi Paul, I had a Strive 8.0 AL 2013 with fox 34 CTD forks and shock, had to fit volume reducer kit to shock and add 15ml of oil to the LHS air cartridge to stop my 175lb (79.5Kg) fat ass blowing through the travel. Unfortunately some scumbag bike thief nicked it earlier this year and I had to replace it with a Strive 8.0 Race 2014 with Pikey forks and Monarch plus shock.

Well it was night and day difference in suspension performance, no tuning required, just set sag and that was it! First ride out on one of my favorite trails (Farleton Knott) which has an old NAMBS DH course felt very plush and confidence inspiring, no diving under braking and no bottoming out, very happy with the new suspension, even set new PRs on Strava.

Tom

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016246
Mobile Version of Website