Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 14:42 Quote
I`m thinking of buying a Strive Cf frame too, but still no luck with a sh one...so they are still rare, as many more were sold! but still wanting one...more pictures with your bike will be a blast

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 0:27 Quote
taifi wrote:
I`m thinking of buying a Strive Cf frame too, but still no luck with a sh one...so they are still rare, as many more were sold! but still wanting one...more pictures with your bike will be a blast

What size were you looking for?

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 6:52 Quote
I was putting my Strive on the bike rack yesterday and I noticed that there was a layer of oil around the Monarch's rebound adjustment knob area. Is this normal? Confused

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 7:03 Quote
Hey Guys,

Planning to get a Canyon so I guess this is the right place to ask if anyone is running a setup similar to my requirements.

Usua0lly I commute on my single speed but recently got a gas for jump bikes.
Now I live in India and there are literally no dirt/jump tracks around so all I want to do is dick around on the bike and take it to a trail ride once in a while and use it everyday and hopefully improve my riding skills.
I own a full sus Ghost for the Trail riding/XC stuff.

I really like the Canyon stitched 360 so was hoping to get it and upgrade it with a dropper post and add a 1x10 group set or something.
Is it a bad idea?

Any other bike recommendations for this purpose?
Something nimble but easy to commute/pedal.

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 7:38 Quote
ashishashen wrote:
I really like the Canyon stitched 360 so was hoping to get it and upgrade it with a dropper post and add a 1x10 group set or something.
Is it a bad idea?

Thanks!

hey, while I really like the stitched myself and may I even get one soon, I think it is too much of a pure street bike to suit your needs, in particular it's gonna be hard to find a dropper post in that diameter (27.2) and I don't think its rear hub or even the frame can accomodate a transmission with gears.

I suggest you look into the Dartmoor range (tough and affordable bikes), a Hornet or a Hornet 4X built with 26' wheels would suit you well (https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=100473)

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 9:01 Quote
Spoiltcheese wrote:
Hi, I am just about to pull the trigger for a 2016 Canyon Strive CF 9.0 Race. However, after reading about SS issues I need more feedback on the SS.

Are there any engineering changes or product improvements on the 2016 SS?

How many shredders out there facing the SS issues?

Anyone knows the failure rate of the SS?

I am hoping it is just a few lemons out there.

Looking forward.

My SS is not working but i dont really use it anyways. I ride 90% down hill and the bike is so good that i have sold my DH bike now. I ride everything from single track to big drops and park jumps and the bike just sucks it all up. Even without the SS in XC mode the bike pedals very well and i prefer pedaling in the DH mode anyways.

This bike is such good value for money, cant go wrong.

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
Anyone that's recieved a bike with reverb dropper post recently
Is it the new revision or the older version?

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 12:44 Quote
oldmanfalling wrote:
taifi wrote:

I`m searching for a size L frame

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
taifi wrote:
oldmanfalling wrote:
taifi wrote:

I`m searching for a size L frame

I will probably have one next year Smile , if I find a better suiting frame.....

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 22:55 Quote
has anyone replaced the bb bearing on a spectral cf, its a race face bb with next sl cranks , what bearing did u buy ?? thanks

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 0:10 Quote
Tyjay wrote:

it's most certainly the old model, they even had those discounted in the recent sale so they have no shortage. hopefully 2017 strive will have 150mm drops now that they're available in 30.9 diameter again

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 3:45 Quote
davidfregoli wrote:
Tyjay wrote:

it's most certainly the old model, they even had those discounted in the recent sale so they have no shortage. hopefully 2017 strive will have 150mm drops now that they're available in 30.9 diameter again

Thanks, never had any problem with my current dropper

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 4:29 Quote
davidfregoli wrote:
ashishashen wrote:
Is it a bad idea?

Thanks!

hey, while I really like the stitched myself and may I even get one soon, I think it is too much of a pure street bike to suit your needs, in particular it's gonna be hard to find a dropper post in that diameter (27.2) and I don't think its rear hub or even the frame can accomodate a transmission with gears.

I suggest you look into the Dartmoor range (tough and affordable bikes), a Hornet or a Hornet 4X built with 26' wheels would suit you well (https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=100473)

Really digging the Hornet 4X.
Let's see if I can get it shipped here.

Many Thanks!!

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
anyone sucssessfully fitted the new B1 reverb in 170mm drop to M size Strive CF ?

30.9x390mm, Travel: 125mm has 23cm of post lenght to the collar
30.9x480mm, Travel: 170mm should have round 28cm of post lenght to the collar

& there is about 30cm of seat tube until the bend

photo

...by my calcutations it should fit (but a tight fit- to put it all the way in, to the collar)

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 12:49 Quote
m789 wrote:
anyone sucssessfully fitted the new B1 reverb in 170mm drop to M size Strive CF ?

30.9x390mm, Travel: 125mm has 23cm of post lenght to the collar
30.9x480mm, Travel: 170mm should have round 28cm of post lenght to the collar

& there is about 30cm of seat tube until the bend

photo

...by my calcutations it should fit (but a tight fit- to put it all the way in, to the collar)

150mm won't be enough?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019926
Mobile Version of Website