Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 6:42 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
cygwin wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:

Special Canyon standard Sir, you need to order an adaptor from them, modify an ISCG as I did or order one from the bloke posted couple of pages back....
They look legit, I am interested.....

is this the one m8? they are looks nice. i got this below link say that HAMMERSCHMIDT plate not compatible anymore, how could it be they make holes on frame for what Frown , anyway let me confirm again with canyon tomorrow.

https://www.canyon.com/en/service/supportcenter/article.html?supportcenter_articles_id=176

Giacomo77 wrote:
Hey Canyon fans, we from 77designz just developed a CRASH PLATE for the Canyon Strive to mount on that wierd bold circle arround the BB. Some of our German fellowers ask us to do so as they couldnd´t find anything to mount there.

http://77designz.com/product/crash-plate-strive

Hope you guys like the design, cheers, G

Crah Plate for Canyon Strive Taco Bashguard http 77designz.com product crash-plate-strive

Yep, that's the one.....looks sweet...

i just found out strive can use e-type mount for top chainguide only and for bashguard you will need either special plate from canyon or plate from 77design

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 11:06 Quote
cygwin wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:
cygwin wrote:
anyone knows what kind of ISCG mount on canyon strive cf 2016? I cant found on BOM, digging out old post, i found below quoted post. Do i still need this adaptor? try to measure by myself seems its ISCG-old. But just to make sure with you guys

Special Canyon standard Sir, you need to order an adaptor from them, modify an ISCG as I did or order one from the bloke posted couple of pages back....

is this the one m8? they are looks nice. i got this below link say that HAMMERSCHMIDT plate not compatible anymore, how could it be they make holes on frame for what Frown , anyway let me confirm again with canyon tomorrow.

https://www.canyon.com/en/service/supportcenter/article.html?supportcenter_articles_id=176

No, Canyon says the "Hammerschmidt crankset is not compatible" not talking about the plate.
I have a Hammerschmidt plate that came with my 2014 Strive 26" and it perfectly fits to the holes of the 2015 Strive CF.

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 16:10 Quote
bosnianrider wrote:
cygwin wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:

No, Canyon says the "Hammerschmidt crankset is not compatible" not talking about the plate.
I have a Hammerschmidt plate that came with my 2014 Strive 26" and it perfectly fits to the holes of the 2015 Strive CF.

i see, well... thats nice to hear. thanks!!

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 17:46 Quote
Looking for some advice.

I am currently riding a 2015 Camber Evo 29er size L and am looking for something slightly less XC and more single track friendly. The Camber is actually an awesome bike however I just want something I feel I can whip around more.

I am looking at the Spectral Al 7.0 EX. I am 181cm tall with a 84cm inseam and canyon recommend a Medium. My issue here is the top tube seems to be kind of small for a medium so I am wondering if I may feel slightly squashed. The L size on the other hand has a seat tube of 480mm (up from 440) so I am wondering if I went L would the reverb (at best case) be flush against the seat tube...

Any advice from other riders around the same height at me would be really great.

Cheers

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 4:57 Quote
FordB wrote:
Looking for some advice.

I am currently riding a 2015 Camber Evo 29er size L and am looking for something slightly less XC and more single track friendly. The Camber is actually an awesome bike however I just want something I feel I can whip around more.

I am looking at the Spectral Al 7.0 EX. I am 181cm tall with a 84cm inseam and canyon recommend a Medium. My issue here is the top tube seems to be kind of small for a medium so I am wondering if I may feel slightly squashed. The L size on the other hand has a seat tube of 480mm (up from 440) so I am wondering if I went L would the reverb (at best case) be flush against the seat tube...

Any advice from other riders around the same height at me would be really great.

Cheers

I'm 180cm and I would never buy an M Spectral go with the L. 480m seat tube is OK unless you want to run a 170mm Reverb. You can measure the BB to seat height on your Camber and subtract 480mm from it. If the difference is at least 165mm then you are good to go with the 125 Reverb.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 11:46 Quote
Anyone with a CF 9 EX Spectral running it at 160mm up front?

I'm thinking it's as close to a good do it all bike as you can get, I know joe barnes raced one here in Ireland at the EWS.
I'm coming of a capra 170mm which is a great bike but i'm finding i always have 10-15mm travel left after a race/ride.
I have it set up pretty stiff for my weight which I like but can't help but think a 140/160 spectral that's 1kg lighter and uses all it's travel would be better suited and get more use on our smaller hills.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:

I'm thinking it's as close to a good do it all bike as you can get, I know joe barnes raced one here in Ireland at the EWS.
I'm coming of a capra 170mm which is a great bike but i'm finding i always have 10-15mm travel left after a race/ride.
I have it set up pretty stiff for my weight which I like but can't help but think a 140/160 spectral that's 1kg lighter and uses all it's travel would be better suited and get more use on our smaller hills.

We had a discussion on that a few pages back. My bike with a 160 pike can be found as well a bit farther.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 12:03 Quote
Thanks... I did look! I seen chat about warranty for 160mm forks alright but nothing about how it actually rode.
Guess I am looking for someone that's maybe coming off a 160/170 rear and how the 140 spectral rear holds up.

I'll have another search..

nicoSB wrote:
vpfree2009 wrote:

We had a discussion on that a few pages back. My bike with a 160 pike can be found as well a bit farther.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 13:13 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
Thanks... I did look! I seen chat about warranty for 160mm forks alright but nothing about how it actually rode.
Guess I am looking for someone that's maybe coming off a 160/170 rear and how the 140 spectral rear holds up.

nicoSB wrote:
vpfree2009 wrote:

For me it's the perfect compromise, I rode the strive a few times and the difference was not huge. On the decent the strive was more stable but just at very high speed (i rode the m race, which is significantly longer that my m spectral). So the difference was more about the length. For my style of riding the spectral is perfect for all the enduro races that i've done this year.

The difference between the 150 and 160 fork is probably not that much, so you can read all the reviews on vitalmtb/enduro-mtb...

This bike is an amazing descender and the most playful bike i've owned. It is very confy on rocks, the suspension is very sensitive and progressive. Even with 30% sag I don't usually use full travel except on jumps. The frame is super stiff, and is actually very solid (there is almost no rock impact underneath my frame...which is surprising for the place I live).
But if you are looking for a bigger bike, the strive is probably even better for big stuff, I would have probably bought the strive but was worried about the SS (it was the first year of the strive) so I took the spectral and made some changes to have something between a spectal and a strive. no regret..

PS: I have a torque frx, and I've spent a month in chamonix about one year ago...I ended up using the spectral 80% of the time

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 13:31 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
vpfree2009 wrote:

nicoSB wrote:

For me it's the perfect compromise, I rode the strive a few times and the difference was not huge. On the decent the strive was more stable but just at very high speed (i rode the m race, which is significantly longer that my m spectral). So the difference was more about the length. For my style of riding the spectral is perfect for all the enduro races that i've done this year.

The difference between the 150 and 160 fork is probably not that much, so you can read all the reviews on vitalmtb/enduro-mtb...

This bike is an amazing descender and the most playful bike i've owned. It is very confy on rocks, the suspension is very sensitive and progressive. Even with 30% sag I don't usually use full travel except on jumps. The frame is super stiff, and is actually very solid (there is almost no rock impact underneath my frame...which is surprising for the place I live).
But if you are looking for a bigger bike, the strive is probably even better for big stuff, I would have probably bought the strive but was worried about the SS (it was the first year of the strive) so I took the spectral and made some changes to have something between a spectal and a strive. no regret..

PS: I have a torque frx, and I've spent a month in chamonix about one year ago...I ended up using the spectral 80% of the time

what's your day by day sag on how many kg you have ?

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 19:43 Quote
Isnt that lovely day Cool

photo

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 5:16 Quote
Can those with the 2016 Shapeshifter comment on its reliability please...Im currently waiting for my 2016 Strive CF 9.0 team but have heard mixed things about the 2016 and hope Canyon have actually fixed the original problems!

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 5:21 Quote
just received canyon number 2. A stitched 360.
photo

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 5:42 Quote
drbrunel wrote:
Can those with the 2016 Shapeshifter comment on its reliability please...Im currently waiting for my 2016 Strive CF 9.0 team but have heard mixed things about the 2016 and hope Canyon have actually fixed the original problems!

So far so good. I thought it was broken recently, but turned out it was just dirt in the cable.

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 6:35 Quote
muckwarrior wrote:
drbrunel wrote:

So far so good. I thought it was broken recently, but turned out it was just dirt in the cable.

Mine too. Probably needs pumping up more than I'd like to maintain the high pressure needed but, honestly, I only really use it when I'm stationary so if the pressure's a bit low, just totally un-weighting the bike brings it back to XC mode no bother.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015307
Mobile Version of Website