Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 1:14 Quote
Danpyo wrote:
storck09 wrote:
i got my strive today and notice a slack on the SS cover, you think this is normal ????
photo

no thats not normal.. look at the part that touches the frame..
have you ever tried putting it off and putting it on again?
check all the bolts and tighten em.. Smile
hope this helps.. cheers

Mine is identical, funny I just received my bike 4 days ago?? I think it is just the mount for the plastic cover of the shapeshifter though. Just not an even square fit on a plastic cover? Maybe nothing. What do the experts on here think

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 2:14 Quote
Hello all,

I am "studying" the Strives and I find odd that the CF 8.0 is lighter than the CF 9.0 (the 9.0 has carbon cranks, carbon handlebar, lighter cassette, BB...) and share the rest except wheels and suspensions... can this be correct? I am trying to decide before the offers run out...

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 2:17 Quote
carnazza wrote:
cygwin wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:
Have you guys read this?
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/strive-vs-strive-ews-bike-setup-with-justin-leov-and-joe-barnes.html

some insight on 2017 strive ed? looks bad-ass with that coil suspension

Here it's some spec from 2017 Strive. No prices and other specs for now. maybe in days... no coil also

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.mtb-mag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Screen-Shot-2016-08-31-at-13.22.58.jpg

Finally 150mm dropper post

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 2:30 Quote
jcritch73 wrote:

Mine is identical, funny I just received my bike 4 days ago?? I think it is just the mount for the plastic cover of the shapeshifter though. Just not an even square fit on a plastic cover? Maybe nothing. What do the experts on here think

im not an expert but it seems that cap dosnt fit well.. you see on the picture *pointed by arrow, that should be 'cliked' with the "C" shape inside the cap.. maybe that was the problem?

photo

- Pink Circle : check if theres any wierd plastic or not that prevent it to fit perfectly on the bike.. if yours aint 100% "C" shape.. you should cut it carefully with back of your knive wrapped with sand paper.. or something like that to make C shape of yourself. Smile
- Blue line : if its not straight.. then its a bad product.. you should ask for free stuff from canyon. Big Grin
Cheers

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 2:43 Quote
Davichin wrote:
Hello all,

I am "studying" the Strives and I find odd that the CF 8.0 is lighter than the CF 9.0 (the 9.0 has carbon cranks, carbon handlebar, lighter cassette, BB...) and share the rest except wheels and suspensions... can this be correct? I am trying to decide before the offers run out...

hai dav.. strive 8 weigh about 13.8kg.. and strive 9 SL weigh about 13kg..
about strive 8 Race is still a mistery to me.. maybe that mavic tyre weigh a 200g more.. cuz its 2.4" upfront..
when 8 race only use 2.3 tyre.. woulda pick strive 9.0 team if i were you.. 200 g didnt feel that much and im more concern about SRAM RAIL 40.. its seems some people here had some issues with it.

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 3:43 Quote
storck09 wrote:
Danpyo wrote:
storck09 wrote:
i got my strive today and notice a slack on the SS cover, you think this is normal ????

hope this helps.. cheers

everything is tighten and in place, i tried to get it off and on again and it get better but not 100%
i've reported it to canyon but still waiting a reply
thanks for your help

or you may try the chat on their website if you think waited too long on email, just be patient and keep trying if you got busy message. it works for me, as most of the time I've got instant reply from them

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 3:55 Quote
Danpyo wrote:
Davichin wrote:
Hello all,

about strive 8 Race is still a mistery to me.. maybe that mavic tyre weigh a 200g more.. cuz its 2.4" upfront..
when 8 race only use 2.3 tyre.. woulda pick strive 9.0 team if i were you.. 200 g didnt feel that much and im more concern about SRAM RAIL 40.. its seems some people here had some issues with it.

I am down to 12.6 or so Cool Cool Razz

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 4:27 Quote
Danpyo wrote:
Davichin wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Of course I prefer the DT Swiss on the 9.0 than the Sram Rail 40 on the 8.0.

How would you rate the FOX 36 RC2 of the 9.0 against 8.0´s PIKE RCT3?

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 5:29 Quote
Davichin wrote:
Danpyo wrote:
Davichin wrote:
Hello all,

I don't know about the shock, but the FOX fork is ~200 g heavier than the Pike.

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 6:18 Quote
Davichin wrote:
Danpyo wrote:
Davichin wrote:
Hello all,

Depends on your riding style and terrain you usually ride.
Pike is an absolute perfect trail fork but can take big things too to a certain limit. I do love mine (bit moded).
Never ridden the 36 but that should be a big hitter fork, might be too much what you do.
That is I think more of a freeride fork.
You cant go wrong with either of them.
I got RS stuff, easier to service at home.

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 9:12 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
Davichin wrote:
Danpyo wrote:

Depends on your riding style and terrain you usually ride.
Pike is an absolute perfect trail fork but can take big things too to a certain limit. I do love mine (bit moded).
Never ridden the 36 but that should be a big hitter fork, might be too much what you do.
That is I think more of a freeride fork.
You cant go wrong with either of them.
I got RS stuff, easier to service at home.

I have to agree with you there Csaszi78, if you are looking at trail riding then the Pike is great but if you want hit the big drops and jumps then i would go for the Fox. I got mates who swear by the Pike but then they only ride trail, i like to ride a lot in DH bike parks so find Fox better suited for my riding.

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 9:27 Quote
cygwin wrote:
storck09 wrote:
Danpyo wrote:

hope this helps.. cheers

everything is tighten and in place, i tried to get it off and on again and it get better but not 100%
i've reported it to canyon but still waiting a reply
thanks for your help

or you may try the chat on their website if you think waited too long on email, just be patient and keep trying if you got busy message. it works for me, as most of the time I've got instant reply from them
Facebook Messenger worked for me even faster, every time. Of course, within working hours.

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 at 8:17 Quote
Davichin wrote:
Danpyo wrote:
Davichin wrote:
Hello all,

36 is alot better then Pike on small bumps.It woudl be better to compare 36 to Lyrik.Personaly for my Lyrik is better (at least that's how i feel) then 36.If i woudl have cash i woudl roll Lyrik on front and Vivid Coil on back.

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 1:27 Quote
Calek wrote:
Davichin wrote:
Danpyo wrote:

36 is alot better then Pike on small bumps.It woudl be better to compare 36 to Lyrik.Personaly for my Lyrik is better (at least that's how i feel) then 36.If i woudl have cash i woudl roll Lyrik on front and Vivid Coil on back.

Everyone says how 36 is good on small bumps. I feel its super good on big stuff and nothing special on small bumps. Or maybe it's something wrong with mine????

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 5:42 Quote
So Gents,
Here is the final version Smile .
Since I built a park bike, I don't need to compromise anymore. You know number of bikes in the family is always N+1. Was thinking of selling it and get a spectral but then I have converted it to a long legged trail, adventure, long ride moocher. Local trail centres are smooth, flowy with loads of jumps.
Running it in XC mode, even removed SS actuator, put some bands in the shock and running 30% sag. Cut the bar to 760 from 800 and lowered it a tad.
Absolutely blast to ride, gives me smile every time I jump on it.
Can do 50+km XC ride on it with no problem.

If some of you thinking of getting one of these, I can just recommend. I love mine.

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015376
Mobile Version of Website