Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 23:58 Quote
I run a dt on my spectral: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/nl/en/dt-swiss-rws-x-12-alloy/rp-prod81163.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 4:19 Quote
Id imagine any 142x12 would fit.

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 23:11 Quote
Hi everybody I'm selling Strive 2014 AL 9.0 it's on Pink Bike and ebay!!!!

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 13:28 Quote
Hi Guys, do any of you have experience with wheel set repair under warranty?
The spoke nipples in the SunRigle Charger Expert (Strive AL 7.0) keep breaking - two in the rear wheel one in the front. I haven't lost any spokes because two of them broke while I was washing the bike and just touching the spoke and the third one broke last week on a ride but I heard the pinging sound and I stopped and found the spoke. After the third one I contacted Canyon and they replied to ship them the wheels and they will fix them. The only acceptable fix would be if they replace all the spoke nipples in both wheels because they are some weak alloy crap. If they wouldn't do that then I would rather take the wheels to an LBS and have them do it on my expense.
I will ask Canyon in email but I know they will say that they need to see the wheels first that's why I'm asking if any of you went through on this already.

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 2:39 Quote
Canyon sent me out a brand new rear wheel when my Sun Ringle Charger freewheel expired. I bought a replacement Hope Hoop and put the brand new wheel on Ebay, struggled to sell it but eventually I got £50 for it, still got the knackered one but its destined for the tip. Also broke a spoke, dented the rim repeatedly, spokes loose and wheel re-trued frequently and snapped the rear axle (which Canyon replaced as well). Bottom line, time for a new wheel.

Tom

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 13:02 Quote
Hi there,

What do I need for a convertion from 2x10 to a 1x10 setup?
I have a 2013 Strive Al 9.0 SL with a Raceface sixc crank with a bashguard, a 36t and a 22t chainring. I want a narrow-wide 32t chainring in combination with a 40t at the rear. I'am wondering if anyone here did the same with the same bike and how does it perform.
Is it possible to leave the bashguard, add a n/w 32t chainring (what type of chainring and with or without offset?) and remove the granny?
What parts do I have sell to get a propper setup and a correct chainline?

Thanks in advance, Jeroen

Posted: Oct 11, 2014 at 17:42 Quote
I'm planing to fit a RS Lyrik RC2 DH 170mm on my Strive 9.0 AL as I'm mostly riding downhills.
Any thoughts about it? Do you think I'll compromise the handling wit the extra 10mm of travel?

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 1:46 Quote
FoxDaCosta wrote:
I'm planing to fit a RS Lyrik RC2 DH 170mm on my Strive 9.0 AL as I'm mostly riding downhills.
Any thoughts about it? Do you think I'll compromise the handling wit the extra 10mm of travel?

No this should be fine, the old Strive is made for 160-170mm forks, it was written in the frame specs on the website when it was still in there.
Have you considered mounting a Pike? It is a good bit lighter and should perform better.

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 5:25 Quote
JonGales wrote:
FoxDaCosta wrote:

No this should be fine, the old Strive is made for 160-170mm forks, it was written in the frame specs on the website when it was still in there.
Have you considered mounting a Pike? It is a good bit lighter and should perform better.
Thanks for let me know. Yes I was just about to buy the Pike when I upgraded to a Monarch Plus, but I have a brand new Lyrik, that's why.

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 5:55 Quote
Rooster-x wrote:
Canyon sent me out a brand new rear wheel when my Sun Ringle Charger freewheel expired. I bought a replacement Hope Hoop and put the brand new wheel on Ebay, struggled to sell it but eventually I got £50 for it, still got the knackered one but its destined for the tip. Also broke a spoke, dented the rim repeatedly, spokes loose and wheel re-trued frequently and snapped the rear axle (which Canyon replaced as well). Bottom line, time for a new wheel.

Tom
I have a Hope/Stan's Arch EX wheel set from my previous bike and since the spring in the Charger Expert freehub broke I am using them almost exclusively and they don't have any issues. First I thought it is a nice idea to have two wheel set but when one is completely unreliable it's pretty much useless. I'll send Chargers to Canyon for repair and sell them when I receive them back.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 6:20 Quote
FoxDaCosta wrote:
JonGales wrote:
FoxDaCosta wrote:

Thanks for let me know. Yes I was just about to buy the Pike when I upgraded to a Monarch Plus, but I have a brand new Lyrik, that's why.

Well yes why not use it if you have a brand new fork!

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
JonGales wrote:
FoxDaCosta wrote:
JonGales wrote:

Actually I've sold the Lyrik and bought a Pike dual position after reading some good reviews about pikes!

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 2:47 Quote
FoxDaCosta wrote:
JonGales wrote:
FoxDaCosta wrote:

Actually I've sold the Lyrik and bought a Pike dual position after reading some good reviews about pikes!

Salute

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 3:26 Quote
Another upgrade to my rather customer Spectral
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028265
Mobile Version of Website