Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
Rgpeck wrote:
Cheers Folks! I will probably buy a second one rather than sending the current one back to Canyon. Would 35mm be "too short"? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to bike set up, usually just jump on and ride but with the wide bars the reach seems enormous when descending anything.

I tried my Strive with 50 and 35 and I found the 35 too short so I stick with 50mm. As I saw the Nerve comes with 80mm stem so a 50-60mm could be a good choice. I think the 35mm would be too radical for that bike.

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 15:44 Quote
bosnianrider wrote:
Rgpeck wrote:
Cheers Folks! I will probably buy a second one rather than sending the current one back to Canyon. Would 35mm be "too short"? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to bike set up, usually just jump on and ride but with the wide bars the reach seems enormous when descending anything.

I tried my Strive with 50 and 35 and I found the 35 too short so I stick with 50mm. As I saw the Nerve comes with 80mm stem so a 50-60mm could be a good choice. I think the 35mm would be too radical for that bike.

I agree, for the Nerve I would go with 50 or 60 mm.
And by the way I'm selling my Turbine 60mm Smile

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 17:55 Quote
FoxDaCosta wrote:
bosnianrider wrote:
Rgpeck wrote:

I agree, for the Nerve I would go with 50 or 60 mm.
And by the way I'm selling my Turbine 60mm Smile

Sorry man, my friend is selling me a 50mm! Thanks anyway

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 21:50 Quote
hi Canyon owners, I have just placed an order of canyon strive cf 8.0 in medium size, but now a bit worrying that it might be big for me and a small one might fit better as I am currently riding a giant reign in small, but medium size is the recommendation from the PPS data of canyon website, so got a bit confused now and don't know which one to choose in between medium and small... any suggestions please? thanks!!Beer Beer

btw, my height: 171mm, inseam length: 76mm, torso length: 65mm arm length: 59.5mm

small size: seat tube length:388mm toptube length: 576mm
medium size: seat tube length: 430mm toptube length: 600mm

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 11:04 Quote
DKDHILLER wrote:
hi Canyon owners, I have just placed an order of canyon strive cf 8.0 in medium size, but now a bit worrying that it might be big for me and a small one might fit better as I am currently riding a giant reign in small, but medium size is the recommendation from the PPS data of canyon website, so got a bit confused now and don't know which one to choose in between medium and small... any suggestions please? thanks!!Beer Beer

btw, my height: 171mm, inseam length: 76mm, torso length: 65mm arm length: 59.5mm

I've just got a Spectral AL 8EX in medium, i'm 179cm and it fits me and my riding style fairly well, I compared the frame against my Large Commencal Meta SX and there wasnt much difference, it was only 9mm shorter in the toptube and 3cm shorter in the seat tube (which isnt as big an issue these days)

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 11:12 Quote
Here is my 2015 Spectral 8EX

photo
photo

The only thing i've changed over standard is the bars as I prefer the Easton Havoc carbon bars to the Renthal Fat Bars

Weight wise, it is sitting at 28.11ibs, tomorrow i'll be converting to tubeless so I should see figures or around nid to hight 27ibs which will be a godsend as i'm used to much heavier bikes

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 12:19 Quote
Medacus wrote:

photo
photo

The only thing i've changed over standard is the bars as I prefer the Easton Havoc carbon bars to the Renthal Fat Bars

Weight wise, it is sitting at 28.11ibs, tomorrow i'll be converting to tubeless so I should see figures or around nid to hight 27ibs which will be a godsend as i'm used to much heavier bikes

That red is SWEEEEETTT!!

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 1:30 Quote
Medacus wrote:

photo
photo

Hey Madacus,

I'v got the same bike but in size large, received it last week and had my first outing at gt on Tuesday. I'm loving it. How are you finding the dbinline?
Does the rear shock hit a slight lump if you apply some pressure to the back (without sitting on the bike)? It's the only weird thing I noticed about the shock. Tf tuned assured me it was normal though, just wondered if yours does the same.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 3:57 Quote
baillie242 wrote:

Hey Madacus,

I'v got the same bike but in size large, received it last week and had my first outing at gt on Tuesday. I'm loving it. How are you finding the dbinline?
Does the rear shock hit a slight lump if you apply some pressure to the back (without sitting on the bike)? It's the only weird thing I noticed about the shock. Tf tuned assured me it was normal though, just wondered if yours does the same.

Nice one, I'll more than likely see you at GT sometime then.

Unfortunately i'm on nightshift all this week so i've not had a chance to get out on it yet, although mines does the exact same as yours, it's like it's a 2 stage compression, if TF are saying it's normal then i'm happy with that.

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 6:36 Quote
Medacus wrote:
DKDHILLER wrote:

I've just got a Spectral AL 8EX in medium, i'm 179cm and it fits me and my riding style fairly well, I compared the frame against my Large Commencal Meta SX and there wasnt much difference, it was only 9mm shorter in the toptube and 3cm shorter in the seat tube (which isnt as big an issue these days)

thanks, mate! i think i'll just go for the medium one and put on a 30mm stem to shorten the distance to the bar Big Grin

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 7:16 Quote
Medacus wrote:
baillie242 wrote:

Hey Madacus,

Nice one, I'll more than likely see you at GT sometime then.

Unfortunately i'm on nightshift all this week so i've not had a chance to get out on it yet, although mines does the exact same as yours, it's like it's a 2 stage compression, if TF are saying it's normal then i'm happy with that.

Perfect I'm sure il see you there, I went for the red as well, the bike is rapid, nothing at GT comes close to troubling it.
Enjoy mate.

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 8:15 Quote
Hi,
I have a 2015 canyon nerve 6.0......I have put a 45mm stem on it,and 780mm bars,and it feels much better....also took most spacers out from under the stem,so lowered it.Smile

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 8:46 Quote
canyon60 wrote:
Hi,
I have a 2015 canyon nerve 6.0......I have put a 45mm stem on it,and 780mm bars,and it feels much better....also took most spacers out from under the stem,so lowered it.Smile

hi Canyon60, can i know your bike size as well as your height or inseam length so that i can take it as a reference for for my choice?

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 11:56 Quote
Hi,
I bought the large...im 5'11'......I have a gary fisher medium mountain bike,and after that,the Canyon felt big.....but after getting used to the canyon,and jumping back on the gary fisher,the fisher seems like a BMX bike!..so im really happy with the canyon...also as said it gives you the chance to put a shorter stem on,which really makes the steering more direct.....Smile

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 13:43 Quote
Hi, I'm 6ft and just bought a large Nerve. I'm looking to change the stem to a 50/60mm one as the reach with the wide bars seemed a bit too far when descending. Love my new bike though!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033596
Mobile Version of Website