Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 13:58 Quote
I share this with you only so the ones who want a brand new spectral see how this colour looks in real life...awfull !!!

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 15:16 Quote
[Quote="taifi"]I share this with you only so the ones who want a brand new spectral see how this colour looks in real life...awfull !!!

Thanks for posting - I was briefly considering that new red color, glad I didn't get it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 16:13 Quote
[Quote="Tyjay"][Quote="yeti-monster"][Quote="Tyjay"][Quote="yeti-monster"]

Nah just turn it upside down and slam it with rubber mallet.If you don't have it just put some newspaper/soft wood and it whoudl be fine that's what i did before i got rubber mallet because i was doing some renovation in my house.

I'm more and more thinking about doing some Youtube channel where i show some basic repairs and DIY stuff with bikes and focus mainly on Canyon bikes because people have problems sometimes.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 20:55 Quote
Hey all, I recently bought a Bontrager TLR Rimstrip from my local bikeshop, added it to my wheel (dt swisse ex471), it fits and works with my maxis tyres, but I tried to put my continental tyres on it and it seemed to make the wheel too big to fit in my frame, has anyone else experienced this?

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 23:47 Quote
AMuss wrote:
Hey all, I recently bought a Bontrager TLR Rimstrip from my local bikeshop, added it to my wheel (dt swisse ex471), it fits and works with my maxis tyres, but I tried to put my continental tyres on it and it seemed to make the wheel too big to fit in my frame, has anyone else experienced this?

Different brands might have writed smililar tire size but they aren't the same size when you messure them.It might be the same case.I know that my bike that i use to ride to work continental 2.2 aren't as schwalbe 2.1.

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 0:59 Quote
Anybody has knowledge on the tune ID on the Fox shock? I searched Fox and I found this for my Nerve "C2QL" tune ID shock:
2016, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos LV, Canyon, M30 - Nerve AL 29, 7.250, 1.750, 0.8 Spacer, CL, RL, Climb F,
C and R represent compression and rebound but I don't know the L - is it low?

Here is the long story:
I sent the shock from my Nerve back to Canyon as I couldn't set the rebound damping properly. Even the slowest setting was way too fast and there was nothing I could do about it. There were places - especially on rocks - when it was borderline dangerous as the rear was popping undampened. I don't know if it was faulty or this is how it's tuned.
I'm trying to find info and have a "plan B" if Canyon says this is the factory tuning and nothing wrong with it.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 1:54 Quote
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how the canyon delivery times are now? Read a few earlier posts(trying to work out what size Strive 7.0 to order ... What a saga !) and viewed comments about extended delivery times. About to order a size LR 7.0 tomorrow and want it by 31st March. Heading over to Tassie on a 10 day bike / touristie trip and catching the world enduro while I'm there Big Grin ... hoping to have the bike by then??? Ended up going the R seeing I'm 185cm and if a little long, wack a 40mm stem on it

Cheers for any help.

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 6:04 Quote
Haha went to help a lad with a problem with his canyon strive back wheel
I took mine across fitted to his bike found out thAt it was his wheel at fault

But when riding his bike I found out that my shapeshifter doesn't work properly!
I thought it was difficult to use mine but thought it was just me haha
Tried his, it shapeshifts without any problems and by very easy to use no effort what so ever
When using mine to get it into XC mode I have to stop riding and press the button and it moves very slowly
On his I lifted my weight slightly and boom instantly into XC mode mine is clearly not working right

Now then to contact Canyon, I already have my cane creek there under warranty what else can go wrong haha

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 6:45 Quote
Tyjay wrote:

But when riding his bike I found out that my shapeshifter doesn't work properly!
Tried his, it shapeshifts without any problems and by very easy to use no effort what so ever
When using mine to get it into XC mode I have to stop riding and press the button and it moves very slowly
On his I lifted my weight slightly and boom instantly into XC mode mine is clearly not working right

Now then to contact Canyon, I already have my cane creek there under warranty what else can go wrong haha

Which SS is it? 2016? (can't remember if you mentioned before)

What was the problem with the wheel?

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 7:20 Quote
GazP wrote:
Tyjay wrote:

Which SS is it? 2016? (can't remember if you mentioned before)

What was the problem with the wheel?

Hi Gaz his problem is with the spokes they creak when turning the bike well from the back wheel anyway
Put my wheel on and zero creak. He could tell instantly that it was his wheel at fault (E13) wheel which had asked home to try another wheel. He said they were great about it unlike canyon

Which brings me onto mine it's a 2016 received it August 3th
When I got it it didn't work and had to ask on here for advice which I got and got it working
Well when I say working clearly not as intended
When I tried his I was shocked how it changed so easily stupidly easy haha

So contacted canyon they suggest that I change pressure, adjust cable tension ect that is when I get my rear shock back rebuilt it and test it
If still faulty contact them again!!
What after Iv had it all apart waiting for the shock then have to take it to bits again and wait for a replacement

Iv asked for a replacement as it's clearly faulty and rather stupid to wait till the shock is back then take it back to bits again to go through all the crap again

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 7:36 Quote
Tyjay wrote:

So contacted canyon they suggest that I change pressure, adjust cable tension ect that is when I get my rear shock back rebuilt it and test it
What after Iv had it all apart waiting for the shock then have to take it to bits again and wait for a replacement

Iv asked for a replacement as it's clearly faulty and rather stupid to wait till the shock is back then take it back to bits again to go through all the crap again

Probably wouldn't hurt while your shock is off and have a play with the SS just to see if the cable tension is ok or the actuator isn't $hit up. Try discharging all the air and see if it the shaft moves ok by hand. If it doesn't look/sound right then tell canyon. There's been cases on the forum where they have just replaced without question.

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
GazP wrote:
Tyjay wrote:

Probably wouldn't hurt while your shock is off and have a play with the SS just to see if the cable tension is ok or the actuator isn't $hit up. Try discharging all the air and see if it the shaft moves ok by hand. If it doesn't look/sound right then tell canyon. There's been cases on the forum where they have just replaced without question.

Cheers tried moving it by hand the other day wouldn't move but I'll give it another go see what happens

Released the pressure and it moves a bit but quite difficult to move
Had to tighten the tension on the lever to be able to move it though

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 7:50 Quote
Well Canyon is sending a new shapeshifter so should have that early next week
At least they saw the stupidity of waiting to conform it wasn't working as it should and replacing it

Fair play to them

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 7:56 Quote
Tyjay wrote:
At least they saw the stupidity of waiting to conform it wasn't working as it should and replacing it

Fair play to them

It will just be cable tension on your shapeshifter

Make sure cable is tight, then twist the barrel adjuster next to the handlebar remote to set the speed it shifts

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 8:49 Quote
Tyjay wrote:

Fair play to them

Happy days!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014722
Mobile Version of Website