Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 2:16 Quote
I had them dropped to 150mm so it did not upset the head angle or handling. I should have mentioned that it had 34's on it when I went to Spain and also that I have a custom tuned float-x on the back but the stock shock will be just as capable. Your call but I feel it is a very capable bike for the majority of things you can throw at it.

When I get my Strive it will not replace this.....I will keep it and the Strive will be used for racing or when the gnar is extreme Big Grin Big Grin

photo

Medacus wrote:
A
AdamBartonUK wrote:
I used my Spectral in the Sierra Nevada mountains which is some of the gnarliest gnar around........I have also taken it off of 8ft drops and clear 15 foot gap jumps......it eats it up. Only change I made is beefier forks (had 34's but now it has 36's). I love it and it is a really nimble bike and good for the majority of things!!

I should say I am getting a Strive as well though :-)

razj wrote:
Good news that 15.5kg is the M weight! Guess it'll be close to 16kg with pedals tho.

And yeah, the Spectral is pretty good as well..especially since I'm coming from an XC bike, but I want to learn how to jump and drop and I feel like it's not the best bike to do it.
I don't have any "real" DH tracks nearby (and I would probably die descending from Fort William, even with a DH bike, as of now!) but as I said I want to hit some bike parks this summer and I think I'd be more comfortable learning with a sturdier bike! On my local trails the Strive would be more than enough (Spectral even) which is why I'm having so much trouble deciding. I guess I just kind of like the Torque more and the fact that it's cheaper is a plus as well.

Oh god #firstworldproblems

Anyway...Torque EX and Strive are reaally close to each other, I wonder why Canyon decided to build up two bikes so similar. :/

What are your 36s set to? 150 or 160?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 2:37 Quote
That does look good mate.

I've used an offset shock bush to bring the head angle down to roughly 66 and it's also running a 150 Pike, it still handles and climbs great.

How you finding the Mary/Dampf combo? It's what I would normally go with but due to my last Marf falling apart I've gone with a Maxxis Shorty front and HR2 on the rear, I'm yet to try out the Shorty but looks like it could be a good all round tyre

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 4:35 Quote
I love the combo. I know some people don't rate the Dampf but I love them. This was setup for our late summer inclement weather but I have been known to use a Rock Razor on the back which is an AWESOME dry weather rear tyre. Gotta give it some lean to get the best grip when cornering but it really works :-)

Medacus wrote:

I've used an offset shock bush to bring the head angle down to roughly 66 and it's also running a 150 Pike, it still handles and climbs great.

How you finding the Mary/Dampf combo? It's what I would normally go with but due to my last Marf falling apart I've gone with a Maxxis Shorty front and HR2 on the rear, I'm yet to try out the Shorty but looks like it could be a good all round tyre

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 2:26 Quote
here is my canyon torque EX/FR not finsih yet
Canyon fr

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 4:22 Quote
Get a fox heritage decals set in blue for it Smile

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://activesport.co/WebRoot/Store5/Shops/80c85f8f-7a95-4b1c-9c30-e64b314f3f2e/537F/401F/40D5/07D7/003E/0A48/350B/4F95/DSC05357.JPG

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 7:06 Quote
Where cn u buy it from plzz

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
Mojo sell em ive got a set on my spectral

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 20:23 Quote
Slik graphics also sell them as do NLDesignes

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 5:56 Quote
BTW - where did you get the offset shock bushings from?

Medacus wrote:

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 6:39 Quote
AdamBartonUK wrote:

Medacus wrote:

I got mines from burgtec but you can also get them from TF

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 6:42 Quote
Ta

Medacus wrote:
AdamBartonUK wrote:

Medacus wrote:

I got mines from burgtec but you can also get them from TF

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 8:56 Quote
Howdy

So up until about 2 days ago I was dead set on a META V4 AM, then I came across Canyon and i'm having the old Strive vs Spectral dilemma.

I'd decided to go with the Spectral as the servicing requirement for the Strive put me off. Now i'm looking more into the Strive it doesn't seem that bad.

Has anyone had to deal with getting the shapeshifter tech serviced/replaced and am I just being a fairy by using that as the only reason to get a Spectral instead of a Strive?

Priest

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
priest55 wrote:
Howdy

So up until about 2 days ago I was dead set on a META V4 AM, then I came across Canyon and i'm having the old Strive vs Spectral dilemma.

I'd decided to go with the Spectral as the servicing requirement for the Strive put me off. Now i'm looking more into the Strive it doesn't seem that bad.

Has anyone had to deal with getting the shapeshifter tech serviced/replaced and am I just being a fairy by using that as the only reason to get a Spectral instead of a Strive?

Priest

I'm not sure anyone can answer that question yet as Canyon delayed the first delivery dates until the first week of the year, due to that I cancelled my Strive and went for a Spectral. I was also deciding between the V4 Meta and the Canyons, It was a tough call as I was coming from a V3 Meta

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 9:05 Quote
Medacus wrote:
priest55 wrote:
Howdy

Priest

I'm not sure anyone can answer that question yet as Canyon delayed the first delivery dates until the first week of the year, due to that I cancelled my Strive and went for a Spectral

Ah. I see. Had no idea.

I'm just gonna order one anyway.

Picture coming soon....well...second week of february Eek Madder

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 9:41 Quote
Which one are you going to go for?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035744
Mobile Version of Website