Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 11:37 Quote
Going for the Strive AL 7.0 in Retro Black. Looks sick

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 8:19 Quote
Hi Guys,

I keep on changing my order because of a group set issue.
I ride in a area where there's many quick climbs and descents. I ride a Trance 3 (14kg) with 38/24 and use granny ring to climb but hate to keep on changing front gears.
I haven't tried the SRAM 1x11 system. How is it comparing to the XT 36/22 or 38/24 specially when it comes to climbing.
Spectral is light(12.5Kg) but only 34T in the front. Strive is heavy(14.4kg) but has granny ring.Or If I swap spectral 34T with a 28 or 30T chain ring will it be a better option than 36/22.

Waiting for your advice guys.

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 12:18 Quote
hi guys im going to buy a whipzone dhx 2015 !! can you please answer me in the following questions?
1.how many days aprox .do i have to wait since the bike comes to my home ?(country greece)
2.should i order a replacement derailleur hanger with my new bike?
correct me please (bad english .. )

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 13:53 Quote
Rusmar1316: I would say 34t upfront is fine? Has been for me anyway on my spectral. Maybe a 30t sounds right for you if you use the 24 to climb in granny.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 3:40 Quote
Hello Guys,
I've disambled rear end on my Torque FRX 2013 in order to maintain bearings. There's a problem with bearing in the rocker link. I can't figure out how should I get it out, as there are two parts of axle on one side and axle cap on the opposite side of the link. In the scheme parts number 4,24,26. To me it seems, tap on the axle piece from side of axle cap should do the trick, not 100% sure, though Have you ever replaced those bearings? thanks. https://www.canyon.com/downloads/supportcenter/Torque_FRX_M20-13_BOM_ts.pdf
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 3:54 Quote
Do you see the 2 holes in the orange cap? You should fit a circlip plier (or any fitting tool) in there, hold the cap and undo the bolt in the middle. You can then tap/push them out from the place where the orange cap was.

Good luck!

Flinty wrote:
Hello Guys,
I've disambled rear end on my Torque FRX 2013 in order to maintain bearings. There's a problem with bearing in the rocker link. I can't figure out how should I get it out, as there are two parts of axle on one side and axle cap on the opposite side of the link. In the scheme parts number 4,24,26. To me it seems, tap on the axle piece from side of axle cap should do the trick, not 100% sure, though Have you ever replaced those bearings? thanks. https://www.canyon.com/downloads/supportcenter/Torque_FRX_M20-13_BOM_ts.pdf
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 4:08 Quote
Thanks, so the caps are actually threaded on those axle pieces?

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 6:05 Quote
If you remove the black bit from the top of your frames top tube it has the pin tool you need. Pretty nifty feature

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 7:22 Quote
thanks guys, Salute All I need to do now is to order new bearings.

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 8:19 Quote
Flinty wrote:

All I need to do now is actually have a bloody Canyon! Eek

Come on February you slow ass bastard!

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 11:56 Quote
priest55 wrote:
Flinty wrote:

All I need to do now is actually have a bloody Canyon! Eek

Come on February you slow ass bastard!

Oh scratch that. It's now March Eek

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 12:02 Quote
Today's winter ride Smile

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 13:15 Quote
MattyPugh wrote:
Rusmar1316: I would say 34t upfront is fine? Has been for me anyway on my spectral. Maybe a 30t sounds right for you if you use the 24 to climb in granny.

Thanks for the advice Mattypugh.

Posted: Dec 31, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
emuvonart wrote:
Today's winter ride Smile

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Nice ride!

I've just ordered the Strive in Jet Grey which is available in Feb instead of April when the Black one is.

Crisis over Big Grin Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030904
Mobile Version of Website