Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
can anyone who has had a canyon delivered recently comment on whether or not any extra parts are included, I know the torque wrench and shock pump are but do they include extras specific to the components such as UST valves for mavics/ bleed kit for the reverb etc?

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
can anyone who has had a canyon delivered recently comment on whether or not any extra parts are included, I know the torque wrench and shock pump are but do they include extras specific to the components such as UST valves for mavics/ bleed kit for the reverb etc?

Reverb bleed kit is. Also tubeless valves for SRAM wheels

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 6:08 Quote
Got the full kit for the Mavic's (converted to Tubless yesterday) and also the Reverb Bleed kit.

jwh1 wrote:

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 7:13 Quote
Just got my Spectral 8.0 EX silver delivered yesterday Smile Not at home at moment so can't check, do the frame size stickers and mountain bike category stickers peel off easily? Going to invisiframe it his week so need to get them off first.

Pictures to follow when it's ready to go!! Roll on the weekend!!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 9:56 Quote
MrFullSwing wrote:
Just got my Spectral 8.0 EX silver delivered yesterday Smile Not at home at moment so can't check, do the frame size stickers and mountain bike category stickers peel off easily? Going to invisiframe it his week so need to get them off first.

Pictures to follow when it's ready to go!! Roll on the weekend!!

Yeah they peel off no problem buddy. Just do it methodically.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
Cheers mate all done. Not quite as easy when you have cut your nails the day before!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
What is the best helitape to get for the carbon frames?

I've got the Invisiframe kit for my Spectral, hopefully going to have time to put it on this weekend. They do kits for carbon frames too...
http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/CANYON

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 4:37 Quote
Yes I got the invisiframe pack for my new Strive. Putting it on at the weekend

MrFullSwing wrote:
jwh1 wrote:
What is the best helitape to get for the carbon frames?

I've got the Invisiframe kit for my Spectral, hopefully going to have time to put it on this weekend. They do kits for carbon frames too...
http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/CANYON

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
Guys!

I've got a problem:
I don't know to whitch setup should i stick, 210mm 64°(low) or 210mm 65°(high).

I want my DHX to be more sensitive and plush on roots and rock. I love the feel of not feeling whats underneath you when riding Smile

I would be grateful if someone could help me! Smile

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 15:09 Quote
going to a softer spring would be your best bet.

I usually run 185/low on my FRX to keep it a bit more lively but still stable. I don't think there's any difference in how sensitive the suspension is between high and low

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 15:14 Quote
I don't think it's a good idea :/. I've got 450 lbs spring and my weight is 86kgs including gear, so I'm basicialy bottoming out everywhere.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 10:05 Quote
Thought I would post here as I used this thread to help me make my decision between a strive or spectral.

I originally ordered a Spectral 7.0 ex in December to arrive in mid March but changed last month to the strive Al 6.0 race as it was in stock and I was going out with guys with 160 mm travel bikes and they were loving theirs.

So glad I did change. It's amazing!

After they dispatched it, it came within 2 days to me (scotland). Only ever used a XC hard tail so the difference in speed and control is huge. The bike gives you the confidence to do road gaps and anything. It's really agile and grippy in the muddy enduro trails.

The shapeshifter is brilliant, worked straight away at 13 bar. XC mode is great, can get up 25% climb fairly straight forward, downhill mode feels rubbish compared and bouncy when climbing.

Over the moon with it and the size small fits me perfectly. I'm 166cm btw.

Only downsides have been the top tube came with a few scratches in delivery. The paint work can be scratched easily as well but it's a mountain bike so I don't care too much.

canyon Strive

Views: 3,111    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
Ae stepdown after only ever riding an xc hardtail? f*cking hell Salute

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 14:05 Quote
And no full face helmet, badass!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021740
Mobile Version of Website