Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 4:37 Quote
ColinD wrote:
So my canyon strive al 7.0 race was supposed to be delivered last week (week 16). I mailed them a couple of days before last delivery day and they said they did not expect anny delay.
After not hearing from them untill last tuesday i called them why my bike has not been deliverd or posted yet. They Said they dont know why and they would find out and mail me.
Wednesday i mailed them and they didnt have an answer yet.
Yesterday i called them again and they said delivery had been postponed with 4 weeks.
so they postponed delivery with 4 weeks and i had to find out by myself a week after the original date?!? They didn't even bother to mail or call me about it.
I directly cancelled my order the same phone call.

Now its time to start looking for another brand.

I have an 8.0 CF race on order and I'm in the exact same situation.
In that case it's probably due to some component issue since it affects AL and CF delivieries the same

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 6:52 Quote
ohm78 wrote:
ColinD wrote:
So my canyon strive al 7.0 race was supposed to be delivered last week (week 16). I mailed them a couple of days before last delivery day and they said they did not expect anny delay.
After not hearing from them untill last tuesday i called them why my bike has not been deliverd or posted yet. They Said they dont know why and they would find out and mail me.
Wednesday i mailed them and they didnt have an answer yet.
Yesterday i called them again and they said delivery had been postponed with 4 weeks.
so they postponed delivery with 4 weeks and i had to find out by myself a week after the original date?!? They didn't even bother to mail or call me about it.
I directly cancelled my order the same phone call.

Now its time to start looking for another brand.

I have an 8.0 CF race on order and I'm in the exact same situation.
In that case it's probably due to some component issue since it affects AL and CF delivieries the same

Yeah well if they informed me correctly the delay wouldnt even be a big problem. Bud not informing and making customers who payed over 3200 find out theirselfs that their product is delayed makes me pissed.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 7:36 Quote
I am waiting for my strive cf 8.0 race from September. Third delay delivered today. Another 5 weeks. I do not thing it will come even after 5 more weeks so i am ordering Capra. I am really unhappy customer.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 7:42 Quote
I am the same, I paid 2 months ago, that's two the money has been gone from my account and every time it comes close to the dispatch they delay it further, it's so frustrating as I had a Capra ordered but I cancelled it

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
MrFullSwing wrote:
mrcoley wrote:
MrFullSwing wrote:
I've got a Spectral AL 8 EX, had it for about 7 weeks and loving it. Like someone else said climbs really well. Has anyone had any issues with the Pike creaking? Read on another forum the Pike RC3 can be prone to this with a problem with either the stanchion crown interface or the steerer crown causing this?

yeah ive heard a few stories about the stations coming loose from the steerer and have had 2 friends who have theres replaced under warranty for this exact issue

Lubed everything yesterday before riding last night and no change. Doesn't effect performance just really annoying! On the plus side slower riders could hear me coming and moved out the way Wink

Emailed Canyon yesterday, can send them back estimated 2-5 weeks Cry Cry

Video of creaking, you can't hear it as well as you can on the video on my phone? This is just me pumping the bike up & down. Took bike to my LBS today and they checked in headset and no problems there. They phoned Rockshox and apparently they are unaware on any issues! Sending fork back to Canyon on Monday.

Views: 305    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
A dent appears on the back of my seat tube from the rear triangle hitting the frame under full compression on my 2014 Canyon Strive 9.0 Race. It's been hitting since receiving the bike from Canyon back in October 2013 but now it's become very noticeable and a slight worry.

So I send it to Canyon on 25th March to get it replaced under warranty as it's clearly a problem that shouldn't be occurring.

Canyon reject the warranty request stating that the damage wasn't caused by incorrect manufacture. It was my fault for "taking a big hit".

I tell them that it's a design problem and shouldn't be happening under normal riding circumstances.

Canyon offer me a "Crash Replacement" at nearly £1000.

I reject their proposal as the frame wasn't damaged by a crash or incorrect use.

One month later they offer to replace the frame under "Good Will" to a 2013 model with a completely different colour scheme.

They also state that I won't see the bike until the middle of May. Nearly 2 months after sending it to them! 2 months without a bike!

I'm no closer to getting this resolved as I'm not accepting a lesser frame for a design fault with their frame.

I had heard that Canyons customer service wasn't the best and I did question their frames given their low prices. But this is far beyond what I ever expected. I've never been so disappointed in a companies lack of basic customer service and to reject the warranty on a frame that's clearly damaging itself is an absolute joke.

To all the potential buyers of Canyons. Be wary. Apparently they aren't intended to be used for mountain biking. And when you ask the big, multi million euro company to replace your bike because of damage they'll take your £3,200 pride and joy away for 2 months, offer you something older and ignore your calls and emails.

Doubt this would happen from any other manufacturer.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 12:26 Quote
havefaith wrote:
A dent appears on the back of my seat tube from the rear triangle hitting the frame under full compression on my 2014 Canyon Strive 9.0 Race. It's been hitting since receiving the bike from Canyon back in October 2013 but now it's become very noticeable and a slight worry.

So I send it to Canyon on 25th March to get it replaced under warranty as it's clearly a problem that shouldn't be occurring.

Canyon reject the warranty request stating that the damage wasn't caused by incorrect manufacture. It was my fault for "taking a big hit".

I tell them that it's a design problem and shouldn't be happening under normal riding circumstances.

Canyon offer me a "Crash Replacement" at nearly £1000.

I reject their proposal as the frame wasn't damaged by a crash or incorrect use.

One month later they offer to replace the frame under "Good Will" to a 2013 model with a completely different colour scheme.

They also state that I won't see the bike until the middle of May. Nearly 2 months after sending it to them! 2 months without a bike!

I'm no closer to getting this resolved as I'm not accepting a lesser frame for a design fault with their frame.

I had heard that Canyons customer service wasn't the best and I did question their frames given their low prices. But this is far beyond what I ever expected. I've never been so disappointed in a companies lack of basic customer service and to reject the warranty on a frame that's clearly damaging itself is an absolute joke.

To all the potential buyers of Canyons. Be wary. Apparently they aren't intended to be used for mountain biking. And when you ask the big, multi million euro company to replace your bike because of damage they'll take your £3,200 pride and joy away for 2 months, offer you something older and ignore your calls and emails.

Doubt this would happen from any other manufacturer.

Wow that's some nasty way to handle business. I thought Canyon customer service was bad only here in Italy but I was wrong. On our mtb forum.it Canyon has a dedicated customer service page and you read people bitching at them all the time,they only get " ehi,we are cool,you're not.." back.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 12:29 Quote
just had the same with my spectral refused to sell me a seatstay even though its a removable part of the frame saying parts are for warranty only till I started the whole lets post all over social media routine and bam it worked next day get an email saying they will give me the seatstay under a special crash replacement discount £40 but they must fit it £45and they will collect and return it free of charge but that took 3 weeks of emails to get the answer i wanted when they could of told me in the first reply

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 14:03 Quote
jwh1 wrote:
I am the same, I paid 2 months ago, that's two the money has been gone from my account and every time it comes close to the dispatch they delay it further, it's so frustrating as I had a Capra ordered but I cancelled it

So they took your money from account even they did not send the bike? I send them money 2 weeks before first delivery should happen. I am thinking not cancelling just wait and se. I send a mail to Markus from YT so lets see what is he gonna say about it.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 14:15 Quote
It sounds like they're completely overwhelmed. The number of sales they've had over the last year and a bit has exploded and there is no way I'd expect them to handle the huge increase without any long waits and a general lack of available spares.
Hopefully they get it sorted soon and catch up.
I'd try to be patient, I've only had good experiences with contacting them over the last two years.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 14:41 Quote
They must like me then! I only have good things to say about the UK department. Sorting my shapeshifter issue promptly and have said I can keep my current one until I receive the new one so I am not left without a bike.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 16:25 Quote
Medacus wrote:
rusmar1316 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I own 2015 strive cf 8. On descents I feel I'm too forward to the bike. Should I change the stock stem or handle bar(this has 15mm rise) or both. Any advice. Thanks.

I raised the bars 10mm on my bike as I was also feeling too far over the front, I was surprised at how big a difference 10mm made, the bike felt much better

Did you change the stem or the handle bar Medacus. And can I ask you which brand you went for. Cheers.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 22:58 Quote
jakebeach1996 wrote:
They must like me then! I only have good things to say about the UK department. Sorting my shapeshifter issue promptly and have said I can keep my current one until I receive the new one so I am not left without a bike.

They were kinda expecting some of the first shapeshifters to be shot so they planned accordingly. Good going without a doubt.

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 at 2:50 Quote
jakebeach1996 wrote:

I've always had a reply to emails within 24 hours. Last ride today before I send my Pikes back, hoping they won't be gone too long.

With regards to damaging the frame etc I took out dedicated bike insurance when I got my Spectral, just under £200 a year but also covers me from accidental damage if crash it. Excess is only £25.

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
It sounds like they're completely overwhelmed. The number of sales they've had over the last year and a bit has exploded and there is no way I'd expect them to handle the huge increase without any long waits and a general lack of available spares.
Hopefully they get it sorted soon and catch up.
I'd try to be patient, I've only had good experiences with contacting them over the last two years.

Well ofcourse the company grew alot in a short time bud that doesnt mean they should act like this.
Warrenty issues bein ignored/unresolved.
Not communicating about delays.
Delays.

When i told the guy on the phone i wanted to cancel my order cause of the delay and their communication he said (and i quote): "Ok that doesnt matter we will make another costumer happy with the bike."
how much does that say about their relations to costumers.
I just hope i will get my money back soon (without delays) so i can move on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020102
Mobile Version of Website