dartmoor-shine wrote:
It says you can Pay my PayPal but am not sure how you do that does anybody know

you don't will cost you a fortune in fees

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 2:00 Quote
mrcoley wrote:
dartmoor-shine wrote:
It says you can Pay my PayPal but am not sure how you do that does anybody know

you don't will cost you a fortune in fees

I won't then cheers mate. So do you have to physically go to a bank to pay the IBAN

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 3:16 Quote
Nope. Canyon would be charged the fees. If there's nothing on their website you should be able to email them and get an address to send the money to

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
dartmoor-shine wrote:
another-Rich wrote:
Bit of advice wanted please. I've settled on a Spectral AL 8 for my first full sus bike. Just wondering about size, I'm 185cm. Canyon's sizing says I should go for large but have heard the bikes can come up small. Can anyone else similar height suggest if large is big enough or should I go for XL?

i had this dramas as well so i compared the geo with my specialized enduro and a large in the 2015 bikes was bigger then my 2015 enduro and that was a large as well the stack was 10mm smaller thats the only difference. but i used canyons recommendations and it said i was a medium and i am 6,3

hi there, it depends on your riding skils, I've used an L size spectral 2015 and it was great, but compact, not as long as my lapierre zesty, but enough. So i`m 184 cm and i guess you`ll feel the same .

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 10:40 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Nope. Canyon would be charged the fees. If there's nothing on their website you should be able to email them and get an address to send the money to

I don't actually think you can I had to pay for a part they sent me and I could only pay by bank transfer which cost me money. If its like yt and they accept paypal they pass the cost of paying by paypal over tot he customer

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 11:08 Quote
taifi wrote:
dartmoor-shine wrote:
another-Rich wrote:
Bit of advice wanted please. I've settled on a Spectral AL 8 for my first full sus bike. Just wondering about size, I'm 185cm. Canyon's sizing says I should go for large but have heard the bikes can come up small. Can anyone else similar height suggest if large is big enough or should I go for XL?

i had this dramas as well so i compared the geo with my specialized enduro and a large in the 2015 bikes was bigger then my 2015 enduro and that was a large as well the stack was 10mm smaller thats the only difference. but i used canyons recommendations and it said i was a medium and i am 6,3

hi there, it depends on your riding skils, I've used an L size spectral 2015 and it was great, but compact, not as long as my lapierre zesty, but enough. So i`m 184 cm and i guess you`ll feel the same .

Well am 190cm so now am flapping I might have to get an XL frame

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
dartmoor-shine wrote:
taifi wrote:
dartmoor-shine wrote:

Well am 190cm so now am flapping I might have to get an XL frame

on 190cm go on an XL frame ! good luck

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
I'm hoping to order the missus a Spectral some time soon. Does anyone have either a small or a medium in the north west of England that she could try out for size?

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 at 14:50 Quote
With the new cf spectral released , would you pick this over the strive ? Or is the strive worth the extra ? (Including maintance costs etc ) . Does the shapes shift really make much difference on the hills ?. I love my Capra on the downs (I do sometimes feel a little to far forward ) but the slack geo is making everything eles hard work plus the 170mm travel. I guess guys with back problems find this more . Been monitoring the cf spectral but really like the strive now . Wish could test them all lol.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 4:34 Quote
photo
photo

Sad news on my Canyon Strive CF. Broken frame tabs for the chain device.

Canyon said they won't replace it under warranty.

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 5:00 Quote
Did you smash it on something or did it just break?

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 5:10 Quote
i ordered a spectral 7.0 ex does canyon supply the tubeless valves and if not will my roval ones fit from my old specialized enduro

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 5:19 Quote
dartmoor-shine wrote:
i ordered a spectral 7.0 ex does canyon supply the tubeless valves and if not will my roval ones fit from my old specialized enduro

My strive has sram wheels and they come with valves, if not any tubeless valves should work. Not sure if those rims are ust ones or need to be taped?

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 5:24 Quote
jakebeach1996 wrote:
dartmoor-shine wrote:

My strive has sram wheels and they come with valves, if not any tubeless valves should work. Not sure if those rims are ust ones or need to be taped?

my old ones came taped and i think the sram roam wheel set comes tubeless ready so i can only assume they come taped. and thanks for the valve knowledge i have only used tubeless on my old bike and my LBS was like you need specific valves to rim to make the tyres seat correctly but i guess not

Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
skill7 wrote:
photo
photo

Sad news on my Canyon Strive CF. Broken frame tabs for the chain device.

Canyon said they won't replace it under warranty.

Yes they will post this all over their facebook page they should atleast replace under a discounted crash replacement. Trust me ive just been through all this with a dented seat stay on my spectral. They ooriginally told me that I would need a new frame for a part that was removable so I kicked off on social media and in a shitty email to them low and behold next day I was told yes you can have a replacement but wemust fit it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036430
Mobile Version of Website