Hardcore 29er hardtail? what is out there?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Hardcore 29er hardtail? what is out there?
Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 20:49 Quote
Also take a look at the Niner SIR9..

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 12:43 Quote
Forget all that tosh and search out a

Cotic Solaris

http://youtu.be/p6lszlJgPlo

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 19:28 Quote
I recently retired my 26HT and went with the 2014 Mason. So far I'm very impressed with the build quality and the ride. The slack HA makes climbing a little tougher but the downhill experience is awesome. The lower spec model can be had state side from backcountry.com for under 1K. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 21:44 Quote
Rusty-Russ wrote:
Mason HT Side1

Whoop, there it is!

Thats the bike right there. I grew up jumping bmx bikes. Then i got into down hill and it became my life. All i cared about is roasting down gnarly trails boosting everything. Then i decided i wanted to be able to pedal. I wanted a bike to do it all. I never ever thought in a million years i would buy a 29er and like it. But i decided to go for it. my life changed the day i rode out of the bike shop on my new mission. I love this bike so much. Ride the dirtjumps. Ride up then down the dh trails. Ride all day long adventures. Even mess around in the skatepark and hit up some street stuff on it. Its such a amazing bike. Picked it up cheap too from my lbs. Mission pro complete for $1800. You can get a frame and dropper post for $800.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
I just ordered a Canfield Nimble 9!

Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
2014 Chromag Surface Large Pewter. Fox 34 Talas 110-140.

Here's one option. #worksforme

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 17:15 Quote
seangprice wrote:
I recently retired my 26HT and went with the 2014 Mason. So far I'm very impressed with the build quality and the ride. The slack HA makes climbing a little tougher but the downhill experience is awesome. The lower spec model can be had state side from backcountry.com for under 1K. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

I just bought the lower-end Mason from Backcountry about a month ago. Love it. It's a bit of a pig on the ups but is a hoot on the downs.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
I've been riding my Mason for about two months in the Utah dirt and snow, so far loving it. I really love the tire combo on the loose dirt and rock sections of my local trails but I find the Slant a poor performer in snow, looking for a better winter option I guess. The parts seem to hold up and I'm digging the 1x10 thats included. Next year I'll probably upgraded the shifter and the brakes.

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 16:54 Quote
Rusty-Russ wrote:
Mason HT Side1

Whoop, there it is!

How do you like that bar? I'm thinking about throwing one on my spec carve. Problem is i can't decide on the 45mm stem or the 60 mm.. thoughts anybody??

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 21:27 Quote
The sixc bar is great. I have it on both my mountain bikes. Compared to an atlas, you can feel the dampening of the carbon. Wide bars and short stems step up the game when charging hard. More leverage and control in the rough stuff.
Depending on how long your top tube is and your upper body, determines the right stem length. A 50 was good on my Mason, but too short on my 2012 Remedy with the same bar width. A 60 was a better fit on the Remedy. Sometimes it may take a couple tries to get it right.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 19:56 Quote
Top tube is 625mm horizontal 594mm actual. Came stock with 700mm bar and 90mm stem... Idk what stem i should try as the guy at my LBS said to never put a wide bar on anything but a fat/DH bike. He wasn't much help

Rusty-Russ wrote:
The sixc bar is great. I have it on both my mountain bikes. Compared to an atlas, you can feel the dampening of the carbon. Wide bars and short stems step up the game when charging hard. More leverage and control in the rough stuff.
Depending on how long your top tube is and your upper body, determines the right stem length. A 50 was good on my Mason, but too short on my 2012 Remedy with the same bar width. A 60 was a better fit on the Remedy. Sometimes it may take a couple tries to get it right.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 22:39 Quote
If you go for the 780mm wide bars I'd start with a 60mm stem and see how your reach is. I sit somewhat upright and not hunched over. Your handlebars shouldn't feel like they flop from side to side as you ride down the street. If that's the case move your seat forward as your weight is too far back.Your Lbs might allow you to try a couple different size stems until you decide on the right one. If you feel the front of the bike getting squirrelly on steep climbs take some spacers out from under the stem to drop it down. Hope this helps!

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 9:59 Quote
Canfield Yelli Screamy

Building it up now!
Pics forthcoming

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018213
Mobile Version of Website