Rock shox rear shock red compression bands . Where to buy ?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rock shox rear shock red compression bands . Where to buy ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 7:52 Quote
As above please . And below red bands
Anyone know where you get these red compression bands from

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 12:12 Quote
I'm guessing, it looks like that's just a storage area for the volume shims, so you move them as needed into the air can?

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 12:22 Quote
brianl wrote:
I'm guessing, it looks like that's just a storage area for the volume shims, so you move them as needed into the air can?
no read this below ok its note my bike but I have the 2014 rock shock monarch plus and this part comes off just the same as this one .

Posted: Jun 25, 2013 at 12:25 Quote
Suspension

Kona worked closely with RockShox when choosing the shock to spec on the Process. They went with the Monarch Plus HV RC3, which takes the technology developed for the Vivid Air downhill shock and puts it into a smaller, lighter shock, ideal for all-mountain applications. The HV in the shock's name refers to the high volume air can. The HV feature lets the rider dial in how progressive their rear shock is simply by removing a rubber spacer. Before we removed any spacers it was difficult to get full travel out of the shock – it was too progressive, and we were only able to use about ¾ of the travel, even on hard hits. After some experimentation, we found that removing two of the spacers gave us the feel we wanted. This feature makes it possible to try different settings without any tools besides a shock pump. Some riders may find that the shock feels fine without any adjustments, but it's nice to have this level of tuneability.

Adjusting the air can volume is as easy as letting the air out of the shock and moving an O-ring in order to slide the air can down to remove a spacer. Once the spacer is off, re-install the can and inflate the shock. It's fine to let the spacer rest on the lower shock mount while trying out a configuration. You'll eventually want to remove the shock to take the rubber band spacer off completely, but it's nice to not have to deal with removing shock mounting hardware at the side of the trail. Once we removed two of the spacers, the shock went through all of its travel smoothly, with a controlled ramp-up at the end to prevent any harsh bottoming out. The Monarch Plus has three compression settings, similar to what Fox has with their Climb, Trail, and Descend modes. We used all of the settings, increasing the compression for long climbs, and opening it all the way for extended downhill sections.

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 13:18 Quote
Don't know I can't find neither Frown but may check inside first ifthe can's not full up of them Wink

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 10:55 Quote
jefftrancex1xtr wrote:
Don't know I can't find neither Frown but may check inside first ifthe can's not full up of them Wink
I have a similar problem on the monarch RT of my commencal and after almost an our searching a seller, i found it ! http://www.fillariosa.fi/epages/fillariosa.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/20120930-11092-151329-1/Products/11.4115.039.000
but I'm not sure if the website can be trusted... However I will try, hoping that it will fit all monarch models !!!

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 1:16 Quote
A late comer to the thread, don't know if this is still helpfull to anyone but what you need is manufacturer part no. 11.4115.039.000
Available on loads of german sites. And even possible to find on ebay if you try searching for rockshox air can tuning kit. Hope this still helps someone.

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
superbikes wrote:
As above please . And below red bands
Anyone know where you get these red compression bands from

Ooh, but that's not the debonAir shox, that's the HV.
It doesn't work the same.
I got a mate who's received a tunes one with 5 bands in positive and 2 bands in the lowest chamber (part of negative)
Quite RAD !

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011680
Mobile Version of Website