2014 Giant Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2014 Giant Glory
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 4:20 Quote
I'm 81-83 with armor and has having the same problem with the 400spring......well i upgraded to a rc4 500spring 150psi and feel good not bottoming out anymore.....

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 4:26 Quote
MikeQueyar wrote:
I'm 81-83 with armor and has having the same problem with the 400spring......well i upgraded to a rc4 500spring 150psi and feel good not bottoming out anymore.....

Is the ride much harsher since u upgraded the spring ?? oh and did u noticed any play in your top mount du bushes before u changed ?

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 2:54 Quote
richie223 wrote:
Guys just wondering what spring rate and air pressure people people are using in there rear shock ,, im 81 kgs with armour on and have a 400 x2.75 spring with 130 psi air pressure , thinking of changing to 450 spring ,,,, or should i just pump a bit more air into the shock bike seems like its bottoming out alot over rocky sections ,,,,,,i done the spring calculator and it recomended a 420 spring

What rear shock are you running?
I'm 90kg and found a 500lb with the RC4 suited me but i'm finding a 450lb suits me better with the new Vivid R2C.
I've had both of my Glorys in pieces several times since I got my first in 2010 and i've never found any play in the top mount bushes.
I'm guessing you have play in yours?

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 3:33 Quote
AndrewGray wrote:
richie223 wrote:
Guys just wondering what spring rate and air pressure people people are using in there rear shock ,, im 81 kgs with armour on and have a 400 x2.75 spring with 130 psi air pressure , thinking of changing to 450 spring ,,,, or should i just pump a bit more air into the shock bike seems like its bottoming out alot over rocky sections ,,,,,,i done the spring calculator and it recomended a 420 spring

I'm 90kg and found a 500lb with the RC4 suited me but i'm finding a 450lb suits me better with the new Vivid R2C.
I've had both of my Glorys in pieces several times since I got my first in 2010 and i've never found any play in the top mount bushes.

its a rc2 with 400 spring , thinking maybe the fact i was bottoming out alot may have cause premature wear on top moubnt bush

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 10:01 Quote
AndrewGray wrote:
richie223 wrote:

No actually I like the rc4 with the 500lb I have been riding a lot and did spend time tuning it, don't know if its the best but it working for me now.....because we have a local race here this weekend (and no its not cairns hahahahahaahaha) but the track it more technical no big jumps, but has a long rock garden.....so after this weekend I will make some change on the tuning maybe.

and no man haven't had any play on the top mounts.

Posted: May 1, 2014 at 1:46 Quote
Just put money down on a 2014 glory 2 (medium).

Thinking I will try domain since it has compression and rebound. The kage r I think has to go since it has no compression. Also went to get the lbs to order a 550 spring but its on back order. So I am torn between a vivid air or ccdba.

Brakes also are not my cup of tea, so I am thinking Saints since I am a big guy (230lbs with gear I think)

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
B-Rock106 wrote:
Just put money down on a 2014 glory 2 (medium).

Thinking I will try domain since it has compression and rebound. The kage r I think has to go since it has no compression. Also went to get the lbs to order a 550 spring but its on back order. So I am torn between a vivid air or ccdba.

Brakes also are not my cup of tea, so I am thinking Saints since I am a big guy (230lbs with gear I think)

I'd get rid of the brakes. They're not too bad with fresh pads but I felt like the lever was getting too close to the handlebar when the pads are more than 50% worn. There's not much adjustment either. If you like Shimano (I'm a fan of their stuff) check out the Zee line, it's the cheaper gravity line but I heard great things about the Zee brakes

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 22:01 Quote
just got my frame yesterday

photo

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 10:33 Quote
Just ordered a vivid air for the bike.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 18:02 Quote
does anyone check spoke tension? how does it affect your riding afterward ?

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 22:25 Quote
myanh wrote:
does anyone check spoke tension? how does it affect your riding afterward ?
Proper spoke tension results in a way more stable wheel... (it wont fall out of true as frequently if properly tension balanced)

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 3:56 Quote
Got her home yesterday.

2014 Giant Glory 2

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 6:22 Quote
i really like that color i wish i could find just the frame. i saw it in a store in squamish really nice

Posted: May 21, 2014 at 19:10 Quote
So i tought on the 2012 02 i could fit a Isg05 (e13 lg1).....oh it seem not so i must find a isg old. What a bummer !

Posted: May 21, 2014 at 20:27 Quote
myanh wrote:
i really like that color i wish i could find just the frame. i saw it in a store in squamish really nice

It is a awsome colour. I just took the stickers off the wheel set and it looks better already.

The vivid air I ordered ended up being a 2013 one. So I didn't take it as it looks like the 2014 has lots of upgrades. Plans with the bike is to have as much black as I can so the frame pops.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033700
Mobile Version of Website