Strained mussal . Best releaf ?/things to do

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Strained mussal . Best releaf ?/things to do
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2013 at 4:21 Quote
Hay all I've strained my butterfly mussal right hand side ant movement of my right arm or walking hurts like hell and I did not get the best nights sleep . It's really painfull and its messed my weekend of riding in the uk rare heat wave boooooo. I always seem to strain this part of my upper back even thow I do warm ups. So what's the best pain releaf or thing to do with this ? Any advice would be bloody great at this moment in time . Thanks

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 17:21 Quote
I can definitely try to help you out with some tissue repair modalities, but i do need to know specifically where you have this pain. Can you pin point which muscle the 'butterfly' is, if your referring to your late (the big muscle under the armpit) or is it on top of the shoulder, your trapezius, or below that, along the border of your shoulder blade?

Usually pain comes from inflammation. If you can stretch it and move it around without pain, do it more often. For now, ice and heat will help with any inflammation.

Also can you describe the pain? Sharp, dull, tense, burning...?

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 at 3:30 Quote
Schadgibbons wrote:
I can definitely try to help you out with some tissue repair modalities, but i do need to know specifically where you have this pain. Can you pin point which muscle the 'butterfly' is, if your referring to your late (the big muscle under the armpit) or is it on top of the shoulder, your trapezius, or below that, along the border of your shoulder blade?

Usually pain comes from inflammation. If you can stretch it and move it around without pain, do it more often. For now, ice and heat will help with any inflammation.

Also can you describe the pain? Sharp, dull, tense, burning...?
thanks its a sharp tense pain I have to hold my breath because its painfull to breath in . And if I move my head down it hurts more. It's gone at the mo it lasted 48 hours but I can still feel it is tense and its just waiting for me to do bikeing and then bammm . I've now been stretching it out and a hot hot bath seemed to help . I may never stop this coming back but anything I can do to reduce it would be great .thanks

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 at 3:37 Quote
Here this will help . The pain I get is in the blue just a tiny bit higher than the dot on the pic .
photo
as you can see its not my trapezius mussel though this pic has helped me understand what mussels are what. I would say its my Rhombails mussel . Hope that's helped you get a picture of where I get the pain

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 17:38 Quote
Yes that does help, glad you got the picture and detail. As you mentioned that moving the head aggravates it more, it seems that it may be an adhesion or a knot in the muscle. Have you applied direct pressure over the site of interest? If you can do so in a massage fashion, it can help to relax the muscle a bit more. A golfball, lacrosse, or tennis ball can help to apply small amounts of pressure. Or if you can reach the area, use your hands to apply pressure to the area, for 30-60 seconds. Then stretch it out a bit. That could help a bit more.

Posted: Jul 30, 2013 at 0:01 Quote
Schadgibbons wrote:
Yes that does help, glad you got the picture and detail. As you mentioned that moving the head aggravates it more, it seems that it may be an adhesion or a knot in the muscle. Have you applied direct pressure over the site of interest? If you can do so in a massage fashion, it can help to relax the muscle a bit more. A golfball, lacrosse, or tennis ball can help to apply small amounts of pressure. Or if you can reach the area, use your hands to apply pressure to the area, for 30-60 seconds. Then stretch it out a bit. That could help a bit more.
thank you :-)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017020
Mobile Version of Website