Jobs at the best DH/bike parks in Canada

PB Forum :: Beginners
Jobs at the best DH/bike parks in Canada
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 6, 2013 at 22:55 Quote
Hey everyone, I'm hoping I don't start a huge debate but I'm wondering what's the BEST bike park/DH park in Canada???
Obviously whistler springs to mind first.
Also would it be possible to get a job on these said parks???

Thanks Neil.

Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 6:59 Quote
Irvs wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm hoping I don't start a huge debate but I'm wondering what's the BEST bike park/DH park in Canada???
Obviously whistler springs to mind first.
Also would it be possible to get a job on these said parks???

Thanks Neil.

i was wondering the same thing, you know about working in a bike park like those..

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 14:56 Quote
I worked and lived in whistler for many years and it's fairly easy to find a job as long as you have a pulse, speak reasonable English and aren't a total retard. Keep in mind that it's not only a bike park, but it's a world class ski resort and vacation destination so it has a very large infrastructure and employs a lot of people. The nice thing about working for the whistler mountain itself is that you get your season passes paid for (winter too if you stick around for the ski season). The downside to whistler is that wages kinda suck and it's an expensive place to live. I had a decent job and was able to afford a nice place, but it's not uncommon for 10 people to share a 5 bedroom house to save rent. Whistler also has an outstanding party life (if that's your thing) and it packs full of young people from all over the world.

Sun Peaks, Silver Star and Fernie are all fun too. They are much quieter than whistler and far less people. That can have it's advantages because it's more of a community feel to live and a bit cheaper (but not too much). Out of those 3, I'd probably choose Fernie. They are all very different to whistler, though. Whistler is one of a kind.

Fist things first, you obviously need to look into a Canadian visa if you want to work. Next, check out potential employers that might hire you before you get here. I know Whistler/Blackcomb (the company that runs the mountain) has programs in place to import foreign workers in the winter, not sure about summer. If you don't have a job, it's not a big deal, just make sure you can survive off savings for a month or 2 while you get settled.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010231
Mobile Version of Website