Protein

• Next Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 23:28 Quote
protein might not be stored as fat but it still equates to your energy needs the body will still store excess energy as fat.
If you eat 300calories over your maintenance you will put on weight regardless where those 300 calories come from.

The protein per body weight is not a great system, two people can weigh the exact same but have completely different daily energy needs also someone who weighs 300lbs of fat vs 300lbs of muscle are going to have very different needs.

For instance there are people who weight 60kg and need to eat 3000calories per day compared to people whoa re 100kg and eat the same. too many factors.

creatine gives you a slightly longer ATP cycle and in turn allows you to push a few more reps or a few more lbs, there is some very limited evidence of other effects on amino acid break down but its not very conclusive with double blind large studies.

Ultimately creatine is usually pointless for more people, for seasonal lifters who are reaching genetic potential it has more value. It may also have value in sports like dh where the constant use of the ATP cycle is used. Personally I see it as pretty pointless stuff given we get it naturally.

The good thing is you are researching it before making the choice. Too many people walk into a supplment store and just buy everything they are told they need.

Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 0:40 Quote
slidways wrote:
protein might not be stored as fat but it still equates to your energy needs the body will still store excess energy as fat.
If you eat 300calories over your maintenance you will put on weight regardless where those 300 calories come from.

The protein per body weight is not a great system, two people can weigh the exact same but have completely different daily energy needs also someone who weighs 300lbs of fat vs 300lbs of muscle are going to have very different needs.

For instance there are people who weight 60kg and need to eat 3000calories per day compared to people whoa re 100kg and eat the same. too many factors.

creatine gives you a slightly longer ATP cycle and in turn allows you to push a few more reps or a few more lbs, there is some very limited evidence of other effects on amino acid break down but its not very conclusive with double blind large studies.

Ultimately creatine is usually pointless for more people, for seasonal lifters who are reaching genetic potential it has more value. It may also have value in sports like dh where the constant use of the ATP cycle is used. Personally I see it as pretty pointless stuff given we get it naturally.

The good thing is you are researching it before making the choice. Too many people walk into a supplment store and just buy everything they are told they need.

true true, it just seems like, due to amino acids capability to be used elsewhere as a building block, I would be okay going over my limit of needed protein and have the extra stored as triglyceride or CHO. Would rather go over than under.

Ya those numbers have only shown to be valid for exercising individuals. I guess you could argue different body types and their different macro nut needs.... but the research is still developing in that area.

I need to do more research on Creatine before im sold. The more you have circulating in your body the more energy youll be able to produce..... I could maybe see it slightly benefiting downhillers.... Since CP is only used during the immediate pathway I wonder if pro dhers even push themselves that far into anaerobic metabolism where they have to rely on CP metabolism for energy. You would hope not...... Id assume bigger Dhers might dip into that zone since they have more mass to support. So for them it could maybe help resist fatigue during the very last seconds of the race or during explosive movements....

ya as a fitness and nutrition major it is my job to cut through the bs and dig up the science. The fitness industry is scary unregulated and the lack of science based knowledge is sketch... for supplementing check out thorne fx... only supplements ive found that are actually mostly bioactive and able to be utilized in your body. Expensive but worth it.

Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 0:57 Quote
snyda wrote:
slidways wrote:

true true, it just seems like, due to amino acids capability to be used elsewhere as a building block, I would be okay going over my limit of needed protein and have the extra stored as triglyceride or CHO. Would rather go over than under.

Ya those numbers have only shown to be valid for exercising individuals. I guess you could argue different body types and their different macro nut needs.... but the research is still developing in that area.

I need to do more research on Creatine before im sold. The more you have circulating in your body the more energy youll be able to produce..... I could maybe see it slightly benefiting downhillers.... Since CP is only used during the immediate pathway I wonder if pro dhers even push themselves that far into anaerobic metabolism where they have to rely on CP metabolism for energy. You would hope not...... Id assume bigger Dhers might dip into that zone since they have more mass to support. So for them it could maybe help resist fatigue during the very last seconds of the race or during explosive movements....

ya as a fitness and nutrition major it is my job to cut through the bs and dig up the science. The fitness industry is scary unregulated and the lack of science based knowledge is sketch... for supplementing check out thorne fx... only supplements ive found that are actually mostly bioactive and able to be utilized in your body. Expensive but worth it.

definitely the limited regulation on supplements is pretty scary, We have fairly strict controls here in Australia in comparison to other countries. The trap is something may be clinically proven to improve say endurance so they sell it as a endurance enhancer that is proven. But if you look at the study it might be given at dosage not even safe or applicable to the guidelines and it may only show a benefit of a few percent. So many sales in the supplement industry runs off the uninformed.

I will check thorne Fx out.
I don't use any muscle building supplements anymore, but I was using allmax isonatural.
ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate (WPI90™), Lecithin
Cold Temperature Processed.
has 93% purity too. 28grams protein per 30gram serve.
Its really clean.

Thorne looks good its whey is only 77% pure and the amino acid profile is comparable but mostly lesser than the isonatural. think ill stick with isonatural if I go back to using supps

Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 1:13 Quote
I watch Ian McCarthy's videos on you tube called No bullsh*t bodybuilding. You'll learn a lot and not get caught up in the "bro-science" And the ultimate source on body recomposition would be Lyle Mcdonald, the man is a guru but a complete troll on facebook. Losing weight is simple, cut calories unless you are in the extreme minority having some sort of thyroid or medical condition making it difficult.

I would like to see studies done though all mountain cyclists and the sort, would be interesting. It's been known that testosterone helps the long distance racers recover but I wonder the effect on short distance racers, makes me want to stay on gear and find out.

Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 1:19 Quote
slidways wrote:
snyda wrote:
slidways wrote:

definitely the limited regulation on supplements is pretty scary, We have fairly strict controls here in Australia in comparison to other countries. The trap is something may be clinically proven to improve say endurance so they sell it as a endurance enhancer that is proven. But if you look at the study it might be given at dosage not even safe or applicable to the guidelines and it may only show a benefit of a few percent. So many sales in the supplement industry runs off the uninformed.

I will check thorne Fx out.
I don't use any muscle building supplements anymore, but I was using allmax isonatural.
ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate (WPI90™), Lecithin
Cold Temperature Processed.
has 93% purity too. 28grams protein per 30gram serve.
Its really clean.

Thorne looks good its whey is only 77% pure and the amino acid profile is comparable but mostly lesser than the isonatural. think ill stick with isonatural if I go back to using supps

Allmax is great! Good flavors too, but my alltime favorite when it came to taste and ignoring the profile is Xtreme formulations lemon cream pie (tastes exactly like one)

Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 11:13 Quote
Animalistik wrote:
I watch Ian McCarthy's videos on you tube called No bullsh*t bodybuilding. You'll learn a lot and not get caught up in the "bro-science" And the ultimate source on body recomposition would be Lyle Mcdonald, the man is a guru but a complete troll on facebook. Losing weight is simple, cut calories unless you are in the extreme minority having some sort of thyroid or medical condition making it difficult.

I would like to see studies done though all mountain cyclists and the sort, would be interesting. It's been known that testosterone helps the long distance racers recover but I wonder the effect on short distance racers, makes me want to stay on gear and find out.
That lyle guy seems like he knows what hes talking about. Couldnt find the other guys credentials so not going to check out his vids.

Ya there is no physiologist who really research extreme sports. Id like to change that. Huge emerging market and the sports I always loved the most.

And exercise is all science. Without the science you just have a bodybuilding forum haha.

And get off the roids! The short term results are not worth the long term consequences. Increased ldl counts are now proven, links to cancer, kidney damage, death... f*cking with your bodys natural hormone balance is always a bad idea. Unless mandatory like in some preventative medications and then the side effects are still enormous

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 at 3:27 Quote
Hey guys thanks for all the help Smile
Got down to 12.6 stone and have managed to put on 2.8 stone in muscle (and a bit of fat)

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017044
Mobile Version of Website