Pinkbike online trades

PB Forum :: Beginners
Pinkbike online trades
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 17:25 Quote
Hey guys,
I am looking to do a straight bike swap with someone i met on there is to much distance between us to meet in person and we are both looking to ship, just wondering what are your tips on how you would go through with it and aviod being scammed?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks Ben

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 23:04 Quote
Straight trades are a bit tough cause there's no paper trail. If you do a Paypal payment you can at least dispute it with your credit card company if you get scammed. If you do go through with it, I'd research the shipping address. If he gives you some sketchy PO box or general delivery I'd back out. If it's clearly a house you're probably safer. You could also look up the number and address on 411 or whitepages to see if he's listed to live there. If you know he lives there, you can at least call the cops if he rips you off.

All that said, I've never had an issue dealing on pinkbike, however I am normally the seller. There's a scammer thread in he forum. Perhaps flip through it and see if there's been issues with this type of transaction in the past.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007969
Mobile Version of Website