Fox 40 VS rockshox boxxer

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 40 VS rockshox boxxer
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 8:48 Quote
falkyn wrote:
reopening the forum!! i am looking at the 2015 version of both the 40 and the wc. They are about the same price so only looking for thoughts on performance. also weight isn't much of an issue... really looking to see if one fork is substantially better then the other... not too worried about maintenance. which is gonna deflect less and how is the small bump especially both being air??

the 40 is worlds better for wide range adjustability and stiffness, the boxxer is simple if you like that.

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 14:43 Quote
gclarida wrote:
falkyn wrote:
reopening the forum!! i am looking at the 2015 version of both the 40 and the wc. They are about the same price so only looking for thoughts on performance. also weight isn't much of an issue... really looking to see if one fork is substantially better then the other... not too worried about maintenance. which is gonna deflect less and how is the small bump especially both being air??

the 40 is worlds better for wide range adjustability and stiffness, the boxxer is simple if you like that.

So the 40 is stiffer and more adjustable.. Is it gonna power through chop or does the stiffness cause it to deflect more??

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 5:34 Quote
Depending on how heavy you are each fork will give you a different feel to what everyone's opinion is. See if you can find anyone who has some to demo.

And here is my opinion. Me when at 240 lbs the 40 was good. Under hard front braking it felt like it was pushing the fork. (Yet I think that was in my head.) It was a 2014. Then I tried the 2014 Boxxer on the same bike and trail on the same day. And it reacted better. the Charger feels better then the FIT, and I like the fewer clicks of rebound and compression. It makes the adjustments more noticeable.

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 14:25 Quote
redtazz wrote:
Depending on how heavy you are each fork will give you a different feel to what everyone's opinion is. See if you can find anyone who has some to demo.

And here is my opinion. Me when at 240 lbs the 40 was good. Under hard front braking it felt like it was pushing the fork. (Yet I think that was in my head.) It was a 2014. Then I tried the 2014 Boxxer on the same bike and trail on the same day. And it reacted better. the Charger feels better then the FIT, and I like the fewer clicks of rebound and compression. It makes the adjustments more noticeable.

Thanks for the thoughts... I'm about 170 geared up....

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 19:59 Quote
At your rider weight they both work fantastic! Options. Both forks are about the same price. They both have great adjustability. They are both strong forks too! the only other thing is that the boxxer is a little bit lighter. Really there is no wrong choice for either fork, unless you are name branded.

Have fun and Rubber Side Down.

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
redtazz wrote:
At your rider weight they both work fantastic! Options. Both forks are about the same price. They both have great adjustability. They are both strong forks too! the only other thing is that the boxxer is a little bit lighter. Really there is no wrong choice for either fork, unless you are name branded.

Have fun and Rubber Side Down.

Probably gonna use a float x2.... so might just fox it out....

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 11:19 Quote
Hi guys im thinking of what will I buy
Wich one is better?
Cause im 80kg. Then I dont know if what is better to maintain?
Air or coil? Explain?
Maybe if ill go to air maybe ill always put some air
But for coil just adjust it
Thanks for your answers
A) fox 40 2014 air
B) boxxer r2c2 2011 coil

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 7:00 Quote
In 2011 they were using the godawful Mission Control damper in the Boxxers. I'd pass on that if I were you!

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
stay as far away from the the pre charger boxxer as you can

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 18:11 Quote
Hi, im having the same dilema, 40 or boxer team. I have a 2014 boxer RC WO charger damper and im in between springs for my weight. Im 220 in gear. i find the firm to soft and blows through all its travel to easly, the extra firm to harsh in the high speed stutter bumps but ok for the big drops and hits. So if i go boxer team will i have the same trouble with the springs? or will the charger damper compensate . ?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
Hi, im having the same dilema, 40 or boxer team. I have a 2014 boxer RC WO charger damper and im in between springs for my weight. Im 220 in gear. i find the firm to soft and blows through all its travel to easly, the extra firm to harsh in the high speed stutter bumps but ok for the big drops and hits. So if i go boxer team will i have the same trouble with the springs? or will the charger damper compensate . ?

Spring rate is independent of damper settings, you can compensate if you are somewhat close, but if you have compression wide open and extra stiff feels harsh then not sure Charger will be enough (at your weight I would think it's fine). I'm about the same as you, 225# geared up. I have a '17 Fox 40 Float Factory and love it. Stiff but supple, smooths out the brake bumps in Whistler and doesn't get deflected in rough terrain.

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 at 10:54 Quote
I would try and ride both on similar if not the same terrain, both are great forks and are often a matter of preference. Semenuk rides the boxxer and many consider him to be the best rider (in his respective field), but likewise lots of racers run the 40's.

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 9:22 Quote
Yeah, big dilema. I want to buy a demo. (Bxxer rc)

Should i buy the charger damper upgrade separately?

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:24 Quote
option C: DVO Emerald Beer

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021372
Mobile Version of Website