What is the doc going to do about this lump!

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
What is the doc going to do about this lump!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 12:27 Quote
I smoked the inner part of my upper leg on my bar end (?) throwing it away on a dh run 10 days ago.

At first it just hurt, no bruising. Then a huge bruise formed, and a lump about the size of a tennis ball. Seems to be getting worse. I rode for the first time in 10 days yesterday (also got a concussion, lots of road rash... different wreck...) and my legs work fine.

Anyone have a lump in a bruised area? I'm starting to think it's going to be around for a while.

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 at 8:32 Quote
Get it checked.
Its impossible to say what it is and it could be anything small to something serious.

bit of a open and potentially scary reply but its a medical situation and you can only see a doctor for this stuff, pinkbike cant help.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 13:13 Quote
UPDATE: Had it checked, said it was blood. The lump eventually turned into a dent, which will probably be there forever. The lump is dead! Long live the dent!

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 20:48 Quote
I'd recommend going to a sports based practitioner. If its blood that has pooled and now hardened, it may be forming myositis ossificans. Perhaps there is someone in your area that can provide some soft tissue treatments to help reduce it before it becomes really hard. Just my 2 cents - we treat those things with a reasonable degree of success, depending on the stage its at.

Cheers

FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2013 at 14:45 Quote
J-oryx wrote:
UPDATE: Had it checked, said it was blood. The lump eventually turned into a dent, which will probably be there forever. The lump is dead! Long live the dent!

That's what I was gonna say it was. They couldn't have done all that much about it anyways. That's a pretty nasty smack you took if it got that bad. You're lucky you didn't have an active bleed.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010471
Mobile Version of Website