Work out plan? What do you do?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Work out plan? What do you do?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
Hello my pinkbike friends. I want to spend my winter getting fit for Enduro. I was out of riding for a year due to shoulder injury. When I started riding this year I just struggled to keep a good pace an couldn't climb. I still am not a power climber. But I ride to work an before I couldn't pedal for 7 miles straight and now I can. My 7 mile time on a mountain bike is like 30 to 35. On my road bike is 25. I'm sure I can hit 20 even if I rode it tomorrow. Haven't rode it for a month or more. It use to to take me 40mins on my road bike.

But anyway tell me how you work out an such. My plan is to road ride more and hit the gym a night or too.

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 17:23 Quote
Are you asking what others do for training and riding in general? Or specifically what others do to train for enduro? Are you trying to peice together your own training program from other's? Or are you looking for advice on a program?
Given enduro's multifaceted design most training will be applicable.

Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 17:28 Quote
Sorry this was a mess of a post. I want to get an idea of what people do in their training.
I want to be a stronger climber. I'd like to hear what people do for their training for xc and dh, so I can make my own work outs.

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 18:38 Quote
I ride and race road and xc. I train lots of hours each week. Mostly on road, sometimes on dirt. I do intervals, sweet spot training, large volume rides, and recovery rides. Each serves it's purpose. And equally as important is recovery following workouts.

To improve climbing ability, your best bet would be to increase weekly volume and frequency of riding from where you are now. And then add in high intensity hills. Just go find a hill, ride up it at your maximum maintainable exertion/HR/speed&cadence/Power output (whatever you use to judge and record effort) get to the top catch a breather, coast down to the bottom and repeat. The number of repetitions is dependent upon the length of the climb.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 11:22 Quote
Check out BikeJames: http://www.bikejames.com/

James is a professional trainer who specifically targets trail conditioning. I and many of my buddies follow his plans fairly religiously and have seen some great results. Even if you don't want to spend the $$ for one of his programs, read his daily blog and sign up for his e-newsletter, he comes out with some great stuff.

I started doing his 15 minute home workout program in the mornings. Great way to start the day and it's proven invaluable to my workout and riding schedule. If you start getting into it, he also does Facebook speed-coaching once a week or so when you can ask him questions directly.

Definitely worth checking out.

Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
Right to start with I was out of shape really bad so I started rowing 2 hours aday aswell as ridding but I did find I was over doing my training and my diet was poor . 4 half months ago I was 15 half stone and my climbing was crap now 4 half months later sticking to eating heathy and rowing aswell as bikeing but haveing good rest days between I'm now 12 stone yipeeeeeeee . Climbing was never my strong point so loosing 3 half stone helped a lot . I found attacking hills over the last 4 half months has payed off big time. I run a 38 single ring up front on a 160mm bike and I'm flying. The big ring has improved my leg power really well . Big test was going to Wales trails and I rode up all the hills they have to offer and was ridding past xc hard tail riders on the long climbs . Also STRAVA is real good to help you push . So all in all my main training is now simply ridding fast hard and not shying away from any hill . Back to how I used to ride and very very pleased. But the rowing machin is bloody brill best bit I've kid to loose weight and boost parts of the body bikeing does not use. Fitness comes in time but you have to be strict with you . Keep at it

Posted: Nov 23, 2013 at 8:50 Quote
I race Xc , for me keeps me over the top fit for the Enduro races. They are easy after Xc racing.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 7:42 Quote
Hold out for a few weeks and I've got a perfect solution for you! It's Enduro's first training solution on the web and it'll provide you everything you need to have a kick a** season!

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 20:19 Quote
Kettlebells, kettlebells, kettlebells

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 20:22 Quote
enduromtbtrainer wrote:
Hold out for a few weeks and I've got a perfect solution for you! It's Enduro's first training solution on the web and it'll provide you everything you need to have a kick a** season!
sounds cool can't wait!

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 20:32 Quote
50 goblet squats
speed jump rope for 30 seconds
40 goblet squats
speed jump rope for 40 seconds
30 goblet squats
speed jump rope for 50 seconds
20 goblet squats
speed jump rope for 60 seconds

Absolutely killer if done fast.... be careful

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 21:33 Quote
I don't want to die! :/

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 at 14:08 Quote
Try motivo, an iPhone appq. Don't know if it's android too, should be. Sort of aimed at roadies due to high rpm it trys to get you to achieve but has hill climb, agility and strength reps etc etc. Needs a turbo trainer and rollers but app advises heart rate monitor and cadence sensor etc etc but really isn't necessary at first. It's ripped my legs way more on the turbo than anything I've tried before and highly recommend it!

Posted: Feb 22, 2014 at 1:49 Quote
Definitely do some weight training. There's plenty of programs out there that provide "functional" fitness workout plans that add strength and durability without adding weight. TITS is hard to beat because that is what will get your legs going until you fall and to prevent bad injuries or preventing an injury being as bad as it would've definitely weight training. There's a few out there like "gymjones" or "military or mountain athlete" or "functional cross fit" to name a few. These provide full range weight training to give you a leg up on the competition. Plus finish off any workout on a gym bike set up the level as high as you can and peddle as hard for as long as you can every time. Good luck on finding something.

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 18:58 Quote
check out http://www.exrx.net/

I joined my local gym and I use a 6 day/week exercise program:
day1: Weights: Pull muscles
day 2: Cardio HIIT on trainer
day 3: Weights: Push Muscles
day 4: Cardio, treadmill or elliptical
day 5: Weights: core/legs
day 6: Cardio: HIIT on trainer
day 7: rest

I made HUGE strides last winter and Im continuing with a slightly modified workout this winter.

Happy training!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008789
Mobile Version of Website