The Official Beer Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Official Beer Thread
  • Previous Page
Mod
Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 20:58 Quote
This is a thread devoted to beer. Discussing beers you've had. Beers you're drinking. Beers you like, beers you dislike. As much information as possible is helpful. I'm uploading a picture at the moment, and will post an example of what would be cool to see for a post. Granted, I'm really really into craft beer, and so I take it seriously with the photography. But...

Hellion from Gigantic
Hellion Belgian IPA from Gigantic Brewing in Portland Oregon.
Overall easy sipper, nice little belgiany twist to a nice smooth american ale. The belgian yeast isn't very heavy on the nose, but makes for a nice flavor. Very mild hop character, but packs a little punch at 8.5%.

Pictures make everything better, and this is no exception. That reduces the necessity to talk about the color, carbonation, and head on the beer.

Cheers all
(Please only comment if you are of legal age to drink alcohol. Both Pinkbike and I DO NOT endorse or promote underage drinking. I didn't, nor should you.)

-Isaac@pb

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 6:44 Quote
I will get into this ...

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 8:15 Quote
I'm thirsty now....

FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 11:09 Quote
I'm in on this bad boy!

Mod
Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 13:26 Quote
Received this the other night!
Beermail from friend in Portland
Sending him in return:
Huss Brewing Mason Jar
Port Brewing Anniversary Ale
Sonoran Brewing Victorian IPA
Lumberyard Brewing Flagstaff IPA
Coronado Brewing Sock Knocker
Green Flash Imperial IPA
Hoping to find another bottle tonight to throw into the box, but not sure it would fit...

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
I need to get on this mailing list...

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 14:38 Quote
macross87 wrote:
I need to get on this mailing list...

me too. pliny is the nectar of the gods. not available in my godless country it seems.
subscribed.

FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
Local beer trades.... hmmmmmm......

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 13:43 Quote
Already a thread for this, but knee deep hoptologist is one of my favorite DIPA's right now

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 14:03 Quote
kev211 wrote:
Already a thread for this, but knee deep hoptologist is one of my favorite DIPA's right now
Different. That's what is your favorite kind of beer and thread is dead. I was hoping this would be more discussion based. The goal of this was to be similar to a written version of Untappd if you're familiar with the App.

FL
Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 17:18 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
kev211 wrote:
Different. That's what is your favorite kind of beer and thread is dead. I was hoping this would be more discussion based. The goal of this was to be similar to a written version of Untappd if you're familiar with the App.

I downloaded the ap. I have to get used to using it and get some friends on there to make it more interesting. But it seems like it could have some potential.

I'll review a couple beers this weekend. I have 2 24's to drink and I might pick up one or two more.

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 18:03 Quote
Ya I have the app. Anyone had ballast point Dorado? Damn good beer

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 20:18 Quote
kev211 wrote:
Ya I have the app. Anyone had ballast point Dorado? Damn good beer
Tis delicious. I wish I could link my pictures from my phone without uploading them... All of their stuff is great, Sculpin, Biy Eye, IPL, all I've had I liked.

I'm Isaacschmidt or Isaacds on Untappd

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015634
Mobile Version of Website