DH bike for 10 year old

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH bike for 10 year old
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2013 at 9:10 Quote
Ianv wrote:
If you can find one, the big hit grom is the best of the bunch. My son tried a Commencal Supreme 24 and the Stinky 2-4 this summer and they were a lot slower than his Grom. I would definitely try for air suspension as well, most coil forks/shocks are way too hard for young kids.

Big Hit Grom

What fork and shock are you running (can't tell from the pic on my phone)? Thanks!

Posted: Dec 18, 2013 at 9:48 Quote
Float shock, revelation race u turn, dual air 20mm axle.

Posted: Dec 18, 2013 at 11:36 Quote
Ianv wrote:
Float shock, revelation race u turn, dual air 20mm axle.

Thank you!

Posted: Dec 20, 2013 at 16:56 Quote
Son s first DH bike

My sons gromhit fsr. Was the last version before they stopped making them in 2011.

Posted: Dec 20, 2013 at 20:01 Quote
Is that the stock colorway? The one I picked up for my daughter is an '08 ish and has this psychedelic purple Eskimo thing going on it...

The black looks sharp!

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 at 9:46 Quote
No it's not stock. I bought one and just kept the frame and rear shock. Stripped and powdercoated satin black and replaced all the parts. It's got saint drivetrain, race face cranks and bars, formula The One brakes and a Rockshox sid xx blackbox fork. A lot lighter and a better build then what it came with

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 at 10:22 Quote
Right on. Thanks man! Generally use my phone for Internet, so hard for me to see the details.

Posted: Dec 21, 2013 at 11:00 Quote
Kaitrey wrote:
No it's not stock. I bought one and just kept the frame and rear shock. Stripped and powdercoated satin black and replaced all the parts. It's got saint drivetrain, race face cranks and bars, formula The One brakes and a Rockshox sid xx blackbox fork. A lot lighter and a better build then what it came with

Damn...that is one sick kids bike.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016928
Mobile Version of Website